Derek Anderson, Undervalued???

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Derek Anderson, Undervalued???

Postby Shawn » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:09 am

Does anyone else think that new Cardinals starter Derek Anderson is actually being undervalued right now? He inherits an offense thats already in place to put up some monster numbers with a rising franchise back (Wells) some serious upside receivers (Breaston, Doucet) and of course Larry Fitzgerald, who is known for being able to catch everything, even some off target Anderson passes. Anderson has never had a supporting cast this good, and gets the most versatile receiver in the game to throw passes to. I think we could be talking about Anderson as a QB1 at some point this year, and I don't think its that far-fetched to say that. What do you think????? :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Derek Anderson, Undervalued???

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:11 am

He's on my radar but I feel his accuracy issues will cause his starting gig to be short lived.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:17 am

No way. The problem with Anderson is his short game accuracy, not his long game imo. If Wells manages to stay in the game due to fumble problems, he's the bowling ball the Cards need to score when inside the 10. They'll need D.A. to get them there through the air. The only Cardinal I want on my team at this point is T.Hightower, but hopefully Anderson doesn't throw it too far behind him. I'm leaving D.A. on the wire in 12 team leagues with small benches, until he proves he's atleast a 3,000 yard passing QB, which he isn't. Anything can happen though, and there's nothing wrong with wishfull thinking.

tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

Postby tomfin2000 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:03 pm

I never feel good about a player that wins a job by virtue of his competion sucking worse than he does.

I have him on one dynasty league team that I took over during the offseason and he's my QB3 behind Kolb and Palmer. To me, that's the ideal situation to have him rostered until proven otherwise.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:41 am

I like Derek Anderson. I feel like he is very underappreciated. I believe the supporting cast in Cleveland was TERRIBLE..coaches, management, etc...in AZ its a much different story. Im not saying he should be relied upon..but he can be relied on enough to be a QB2 with upside.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:48 am

Not only am I not going to bite on this years edition of Derek Andersons return to glory, I'm adding Max Hall. I think he could end up being the starter at the halfway point and possibly the future of the franchise. If he isn't, then the Cards draft a 1st round QB next year.

Schroedess26
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Schroedess26 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 pm

I am perfectly fine adding him but why should he get love? He was the lesser of two bad quarterbacks with Fitz now without Boldin to take a little pressure off. He is at best a QB2 depending on your starters bye for this year and I would be shocked if he is Arizona starting more than another year, I look at him like a Doug Flutie was, he is just there to fill in while they find the real man to take over the team.
QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE, K, Def

Schuab, Stafford, Cutler
DMac, Grant, Greene, Ivory, R Jennings, Starks
S Johnson, J Jones, M Thomas (Jac), Owens, Plaxico
Finley, Lewis, Tamme
Kaeding
Eagles, Patriots

5 point TDs, PPR, 10 Yards Rushing and Receiving, 25 Yards Passing

dlf_kenk
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenk » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:22 am

For those of you who don't know, the founders of DLF are from the Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA area here in the Northwest of the United States.

We've watched Derek Anderson since he was in High School in nearby Scappoose, Oregon. We also watched him closely in College at Oregon State.

His problems in the NFL are consistent with everything we've ever seen from him. He's very gifted athletically, but has issues with accuracy and decision making.

He is who he is...and even if he starts hot, I don't see him finishing that way, even with a better set of skill players to work with.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:45 am

i wasnt impressed by any of the short passes he threw in the preseason. seemed like a decent long ball tho.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!