Who should I cut to add a Kicker?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Who should I cut to add a Kicker?

Postby Riders4Ever » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:58 pm

I might need to make two cuts to add an IDP.So, which two would you cut?
16 team ppr dynasty league.
My roster is:
QB- Rodgers, Vick
WR- Steve Smith (CAR),Britt, Lee Evans, Kevin Walter,James Jones, Laurent Robinson, Demaryius Thomas, Julian Edelman
RB- Gore, Stewart, Forsett, Sproles, Choice
TE- Scheffler, Fred Davis

We start 1QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1WR/TE flex spot, 1 WR/RB flex spot

Scoring is heavily in favor of QBs:
Completions .5
Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 400 yards; 5 points at 500 yards
Passing Touchdowns 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 160 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 1
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 160 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 25 yards per point
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2

My immediate thought was to cut Edelman and VIck. But, QBs are imposible to find to cover bye weeks (not that Vick is a great option by any means) and I'm thinking if Kolb faceplants I'll have Vick already on my roster. The only QBs available are Trent Edwards and Derek Anderson and for both it is difficult to say if or how long they will be the starter.Rodgers' bye week is week 10, so I have time to find someone to fill in for that one week.The only other option I have considered is Fred Davis. Cooley is healthy, but I think the Redskins may use two TE sets given their complete lack of WR depth.

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Who should I cut to add a Kicker?

Postby Biggcmo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:42 pm

If anderson or edwards start i think they will be better option at QB than vick
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Biggcmo wrote:If anderson or edwards start i think they will be better option at QB than vick
+1
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Biggcmo wrote:If anderson or edwards start i think they will be better option at QB than vick
Sure, but that's a mighty big "IF" (moreso for Anderson than for Edwards) and I need somebody for Week 10, do you think they will still be starting by then?
Also, if I drop Vick and add one of these two QBs, which two do I drop from my roster for the Kicker and IDP?

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Im not too high on evans but hes the best WR on buffalo. Walter was too inconsistant last year to trust. Edelman is a Welker injury away from being relevent, but he seems to be doing ok. Thomas is worth holding on to for his potential IMO. Since your te's arent exactly Elite its good to hang on to both of them.

My Vote would be Walter and Edelman
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Rodgers' bye is late enough to not even worry about right now, so Vick is a pretty easy cut, plus the usual suggestions apply.... offer guys for future picks. Choice to Felix/Barber owner for something/anything? Edelman to Welker's owner, Jones to Driver's, Vick to Kolb, etc. If those avenues are exhausted, I'm dropping Vick and Edelman. I'm not a big Brandon Tate fan, but he looked good the other night, and with the TE position possibly emerging a little bit in their offense, a backup slot receiver isn't too enticing.
Walter is a candidate as well, but you just can't drop a starting WR in a 16-team, 3/4/5-WR league.

Plus, I don't know what it means to maybe have to make another cut for IDP (is this IDP? just one IDP?, ? ), but Edwards does make the perfect bye-week filler in week 10 (provided of course he's still starting); Buffalo plays Detroit at home that week. So, Edelman for your week 1 kicker, Vick for Edwards, I-don't-know for that mystery IDP.

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:56 pm

jimmo wrote:Rodgers' bye is late enough to not even worry about right now, so Vick is a pretty easy cut, plus the usual suggestions apply.... offer guys for future picks. Choice to Felix/Barber owner for something/anything? Edelman to Welker's owner, Jones to Driver's, Vick to Kolb, etc. If those avenues are exhausted, I'm dropping Vick and Edelman. I'm not a big Brandon Tate fan, but he looked good the other night, and with the TE position possibly emerging a little bit in their offense, a backup slot receiver isn't too enticing.
Walter is a candidate as well, but you just can't drop a starting WR in a 16-team, 3/4/5-WR league.

Plus, I don't know what it means to maybe have to make another cut for IDP (is this IDP? just one IDP?, ? ), but Edwards does make the perfect bye-week filler in week 10 (provided of course he's still starting); Buffalo plays Detroit at home that week. So, Edelman for your week 1 kicker, Vick for Edwards, I-don't-know for that mystery IDP.
What it means is I currently have a trade offer out there to the Kolb owner of Vick plus Walter for an IDP player (DB) and a WR. I'm currently short one DB from our starting 9 IDPs (3 LBs ,3 DBs and 3 D flex players), so if my proposed deal is accepted , I will only have to add a Kicker.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Riders4Ever wrote:
jimmo wrote:Rodgers' bye is late enough to not even worry about right now, so Vick is a pretty easy cut, plus the usual suggestions apply.... offer guys for future picks. Choice to Felix/Barber owner for something/anything? Edelman to Welker's owner, Jones to Driver's, Vick to Kolb, etc. If those avenues are exhausted, I'm dropping Vick and Edelman. I'm not a big Brandon Tate fan, but he looked good the other night, and with the TE position possibly emerging a little bit in their offense, a backup slot receiver isn't too enticing.

What it means is I currently have a trade offer out there to the Kolb owner of Vick plus Walter for an IDP player (DB) and a WR. I'm currently short one DB from our starting 9 IDPs (3 LBs ,3 DBs and 3 D flex players), so if my proposed deal is accepted , I will only have to add a Kicker.
got it, thanks. I had visions of your league adding a single IDP position at the last minute and couldn't get my head around that...

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:57 am

I'd actually feel better about it if they were playing at Ford Field. The swirling winds in Buffalo at that time of year can make it a strictly ground based attack for the Bills. I also agree regarding Walter. Some just automatically say he's not consistent, cut him. But when a minimum of 48 WRs (usually it is more like 60- 70) are being started by the teams in the league, sometimes a starter on a team with a great passing attack isn't easy to just drop.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Riders4Ever wrote:

I'd actually feel better about it if they were playing at Ford Field. The swirling winds in Buffalo at that time of year can make it a strictly ground based attack for the Bills. I also agree regarding Walter. Some just automatically say he's not consistent, cut him. But when a minimum of 48 WRs (usually it is more like 60- 70) are being started by the teams in the league, sometimes a starter on a team with a great passing attack isn't easy to just drop.
never underestimate the ineptitude of Detroit's defensive backfield!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:04 am

Riders4Ever wrote:
Sure, but that's a mighty big "IF" (moreso for Anderson than for Edwards) and I need somebody for Week 10, do you think they will still be starting by then?
Also, if I drop Vick and add one of these two QBs, which two do I drop from my roster for the Kicker and IDP?
The chances of Edwards or DA still starting week 10 are infinitely higher than they are for Vick. Are you expecting a complete meltdown by Kolb and some amazing career resurgence for Vick? Never going to happen. You better be hoping for an injury to Kolb for Vick to get on the field more than a handful of plays out of the wildcat.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:48 am

skip wrote:
Riders4Ever wrote:
The chances of Edwards or DA still starting week 10 are infinitely higher than they are for Vick. Are you expecting a complete meltdown by Kolb and some amazing career resurgence for Vick? Never going to happen. You better be hoping for an injury to Kolb for Vick to get on the field more than a handful of plays out of the wildcat.
No, I don't expect a complete meltdown from Kolb or Vick to return to the glory days he experienced as a Falcon. But, I don't think Edwards or Anderson are miles better options than Vick either. I've used Edwards in other leagues before as a last minute fill-in. The games were in Buffalo later in the season and he ended up putting up single digit points. I picked up Anderson last season and he scored negative points and cost me the game. It isn't like I'm comparing Vick to Brady and Rodgers or even Orton and Campbell. IMO Anderson and Edwards are more likely to crap the bed than put up decent points in week 10. I guess I'm just not in a rush to grab one of these two. I think I can afford to be patient and grab one of these two ,if I have to, closer to week 10.

The Eagles seem to be using Vick in the redzone. Due to their struggles there last season, I think they are exploring optiuons, right now Kolb hasn't done much. Vick might be a horrible option at QB in week 10, but I think it is too early to say that Anderson or Edwards is a far superior option.

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:19 pm

vick is an easy cut. the birds will go down in flames before they start vick over kolb. even though i think the odds are about 1/1,000,000, they would probably go to kafka before vick.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST