Thoughts anyone?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Claudio
Role Player
Role Player

Thoughts anyone?

Postby Claudio » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Team 1 in signature

Having the 1.11, I'm seriously thinking of simply grabbing whichever TE of the top 3 is still available. A GM in my league is weak at TE and has Olsen shares in another league so I'm thinking of offering him Olsen for the 2.01. That means I would have Julius Thomas as my TE1 and I firmly believe there could be resurgence with him going to the Dolphins in the Adam Gase system. Although, I am some-what of a contender so this could be hindering my squad if Julius does not pan out and I have to rely on A.S. Jenkins or the rookie TE. Should I make the offer or stand pat?

Also......

I feel like my RB group is aging with Demarco Murray getting up in age and Darren Sproles all but certain to retire after this season. A guy in my league is interested in Kevin White so I was thinking of trying to negotiate Kevin White for Derrick Henry. With the departure of Alshon Jeffery, this may not be the best time to move White but if it could net me Murrays back-up, should I do it?

Thank in advance for your thoughts.

p.s. Don't worry Coogan, I will go respond to some threads while I await some responses to my thread. lol
TEAM 1 12 team; PPR IDP; Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2WR's, 1 TE, 2 flex

QB-T. Brady, J. Garoppolo, A.J. McCarron
RB-D. Murray, L. Miller, M. Gillislee, T. Hightower, J. White, D. Sproles
WR-D. Thomas, J. Edelman, L. Fitzgerald, K. White, M. Mitchell, T. Boyd, E. Rodgers, Cord. Patterson, S. Roberts
TE-G. Olsen, J. Thomas, A.S. Jenkins
DL-J. Clowney, L. Williams, B. Graham, T. Flowers
LB-E. Kendricks, Z. Brown, D. Johnson, K.J. Wright
DB-K. Neal, J. Cyprien, M. Jenkins, R. McLeod

TEAM 2 10 team; PPR(keep 6); Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Def/ST, 1 K

QB-
RB-J. Ajayi
WR-D. Hopkins, A. Robinson, D. Adams, S. Diggs
TE-T. Eifert
Def/ST
Kicker

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Thoughts anyone?

Postby gratefulydead3 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm not a fan of either trade this year honestly. If you're contending like you said, I would want to keep Olsen no doubt. 2.01 is good value for him, but we play to win championships. A guy like Kamara could be there at 1.11

For trade 2, Im not a fan of trading for the handcuff rb- backfields can get shaken up so quickly.. and like you said, now is not the time to trade White

I'd hold

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Taking one of the TEs at 1.11 is fine, but I wouldn't move Olsen for the 2.01 if you're competing.

If you can get Henry for White, do that right now, but I doubt it's going to be close.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:26 pm

Henry > White for sure, but i doubt that gets accepted.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:26 pm Henry > White for sure, but i doubt that gets accepted.
I'm not big on Henry, I think once Murry finishes up they'll grab a fresh RB in the draft. I may be on my own here though

Also as a Bear fan I expect a good year from White

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Agree Henry>>White and if you can get that done even if you need to add to White I would!
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

Claudio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Claudio » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:29 pm

The Henry owner wants White and the 1.11!!! I traded my 2.11 for Edelman and Fitzgerald just before the playoffs last year so that would mean I would not have a pick in the until the end of the 3rd round if the Olson trade does not happen. I'm still on the fence on that one too. Would the Henry owner including the 2.9 be good enough? Is that something I should do?

WR-D. Thomas, J. Edelman, L. Fitzgerald, K. White, M. Mitchell, T. Boyd, E. Rodgers, Cord. Patterson, S. Roberts

TEAM 2 10 team; PPR(keep 6); Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Def/ST, 1 K

QB-
RB-J. Ajayi
TE-T. Eifert
Def/ST
Kicker

RocketDr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RocketDr » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Two weeks ago I saw a report that said ASJ has been sober since Jan, realized he had a problem and is dealing with it. Same report said he was tearing up OTAs. Id say you were fine at TE, but grabbing one at 1.11 is fine too, just no need to trade away Olsen.
2-years into dynasty with middle of the pack finish both times
12 team full ppr, .25 ppc, 1.5 TE ppr
Start: QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, K, DST, 2 Flex
QB: ARod, Newton, Lamar Jackson
RB: Hunt, Shady, Burkhead, Carson, T. Riddick, Corey Grant, Chase Edmonds, Jordan Wilkins,
WR: AB, Davante Adams, Alshon, Allen Hurns, Pryor, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller
TE: Delanie Walker, Austen Hooper, Rico Gathers
K: Jake Elliott
D: Jax

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Claudio wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:29 pm The Henry owner wants White and the 1.11!!! I traded my 2.11 for Edelman and Fitzgerald just before the playoffs last year so that would mean I would not have a pick in the until the end of the 3rd round if the Olson trade does not happen. I'm still on the fence on that one too. Would the Henry owner including the 2.9 be good enough? Is that something I should do?
I would give the 1.11 and White for Henry and feel pretty comfortable with it.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:01 pm

If "you" have white over henry....don't add. Henry is no more sure than white is.

I personally think they are much closer than most here, and we will see it when the season rolls around. Unfortunately....it's a what have you done for me lately sutuation....and white hasn't been on the field.

Lime
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Lime » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 pm

I would maybe wait until you are on the clock at 1.11. If you can get Kamara or Perine and keep White, I'd do that. If your best option is Hunt or Foreman, I'd make the trade for D. Henry. If you can get a 2nd or 3rd back from him that is icing on the cake as well, but I doubt he'll go for it. With a 3rd round pick you could net G. Everett or Shaheen and since you already have Olsen (as a contender, i wouldn't trade him), you can wait either out through their rookie season and have a solid starting TE next year.

Claudio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Claudio » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Lime wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 pm I would maybe wait until you are on the clock at 1.11. If you can get Kamara or Perine and keep White, I'd do that. If your best option is Hunt or Foreman, I'd make the trade for D. Henry. If you can get a 2nd or 3rd back from him that is icing on the cake as well, but I doubt he'll go for it. With a 3rd round pick you could net G. Everett or Shaheen and since you already have Olsen (as a contender, i wouldn't trade him), you can wait either out through their rookie season and have a solid starting TE next year.
Solid advice right there. I did not mention ASJ because most people think he is done but I am definitely not part of that group. That is why I feel like this would be the time to trade Olson. I would have Julius Thomas, ASJ and Njoku/Engram in waiting. With the 2.01 I could get one of Kamara, Perine or Hunt. If I do the White and 1.11 for Henry and 2.9, if I'm lucky Engram or Njoku could still be there at 2.1?

I have contacted and mentioned my intentions to the concerning GM's but it definitely could be wise to wait and see who's available "on the clock". I do like all the scenarios but I'm still wondering which one I should choose.

Thanks everyone

QB-
RB-J. Ajayi
TE-T. Eifert
Def/ST
Kicker

Claudio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Claudio » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:13 pm

sloth8u wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:01 pm If "you" have white over henry....don't add. Henry is no more sure than white is.

I personally think they are much closer than most here, and we will see it when the season rolls around. Unfortunately....it's a what have you done for me lately sutuation....and white hasn't been on the field.
If he wants White AND the 1.11 for Henry I will not accept anything less than the 2.9 in return. The other GM has the 1.9 and 1.10 which would give him 3 picks in a row if we complete this trade. That can be quite interesting for him if he is on the fence between a couple of prospects. Like the other guy said, I could wait until I am on the clock but I also know that it could backfire too if he is satisfied with the 2 picks he just made before mine. Timing could be important if I want to pull it off.

QB-
RB-J. Ajayi
TE-T. Eifert
Def/ST
Kicker