First Dynasty Draft

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Oil Boom
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

First Dynasty Draft

Postby Oil Boom » Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm

12-Teamer, PPR

This was my first Dynasty Draft in the 10+ years that I've played Fantasy, and I admit I made some mistakes - particularly on trying to 'go young'. I also admit that I am now hooked on Dynasty, and not sure why I haven't been doing this for years. Anyways, I am looking for options as to staying put, or making a trade for a more proven RB or WR.

Team:
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Leonard Fournette (R)
WR - Keenan Allen
WR - Pierre Garcon
WR - Josh Doctson
TE - Jack Doyle
Flex - Christian McCaffrey (R)

Bench:
QB - Jimmy Garoppolo, Carson Palmer, Brian Hoyer
RB - Danny Woodhead, Kareem Hunt (R), James Conner (R), Devante Mays (R), T.J. Logan (R), Matthew Dayes (R), Ryan Mathews
WR - Robert Woods, Torrey Smith, Jaron Brown, Russell Shepard, Curtis Samuel (R), Jehu Chesson (R)
TE - Dwayne Allen, George Kittle (R), Adam Shaheen (R)

Curious on others opinions as to whether I should stay put and see where my players are after a year, or if I should attempt to land a more proven player. My depth looks very weak and unproven. Any help is appreciated.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: First Dynasty Draft

Postby whodunnit » Fri May 26, 2017 2:47 pm

I think that's a solid team. I would for sure try to upgrade your WR2, but Garcon could have a good year.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

joshuawrobbins
Starter
Starter

Postby joshuawrobbins » Fri May 26, 2017 3:38 pm

I agree you are weak at WR2 and should look to upgrade here

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Your RBs are just fine. I agree with the others that you need to improve some of your WRs.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri May 26, 2017 4:56 pm

oh, you are in trouble now....you should never have started this new obsession..

you will get better with the next one....oh, and there will be a next one...

did you make any trades during the draft? i really like your RBs, but you may be able to trade one for a solid WR2...since your squad is so young, you might want to test the market with mccoy...but as others stated, garcon might be fine this season

sometimes it is fun to post on here as you are drafting...i don't always take the advice, but you get some really great perspectives that you probably didn't think about....and don't forget to mix it up....superflex, ppc, TE premium...have fun and good luck
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Oil Boom
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oil Boom » Fri May 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks for the responses!

I am banking, as of right now, on a lot to ask from my starting WRs: Allen to stay healthy, Doctson to stay healthy AND produce, and Garcon to have a good year in Shanny's system.

If I were to make a trade, would guys like Martavis Bryant or Moncrief be ideal, or is buying low (if possible) on a guy like Eric Decker more realistic? I admit I am a bit nervous moving Shady since my best alternatives are 2 rookies + Woodhead.

Also, I know that some league members are interested in Kareem Hunt. Since I'm new to Dynasty, what else would I need to add to get someone like Martavis Bryant on my squad?

(thanks for the advice, Vixen. I'm planning on one a month until Kickoff, haha.)

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 pm

i would not add anything to hunt to get martavis....as good as he is, he is risky...
it really depends on when each were drafted, helps to gauge how the owner values the player

but, as far as rookies go, you may want to hang onto them until you hear some positive things out of camp...

don't be shy about throwing out advice/opinions on the forums...it really is nice to hear what others think...everyone is wrong 50% of the time (except me) ;)
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

dandizz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dandizz » Sat May 27, 2017 4:13 am

Nice team, I would definitely look to upgrade the wr position.

Btj0016
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Btj0016 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:35 am

I would try for moncrief first see what you have to give up for him. I would want to keep hunt but if you can get moncrief for him in some type of trade not a bad deal. I would keep shady he has alot of value. Just see what people are expecting for WR2 and go from there. And i would stay away from decker unless you got him for nothing mainly because he's hurt and getting older and was good when he got to play tge 2nd wr role but as a #1 if he gets alot of the attention I don't see him putting up big numbers.