Just Sold Zeke..

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which Side

Elliott, 2018 3rd, 2019 4th, 2020 1st
84%
JHoward, Kevin White, (2) 2018 1sts
16%

Total votes: 63

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Re: Just Sold Zeke..

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue May 16, 2017 12:41 pm

pierson242 wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 11:51 am I would NOT trade Howard for Gurley especially if your adding to your side!!! No way Jose! Keep Howard and attempt to make a good trade or two to make up for this one. I wouldn't have worried about the domestic violence stuff and don't consider this "cashing out" I would just keep Howard he's just as good as Gurley Gordon or Freeman
In what universe is Howard better than Gurley? Gurley is the best back in the league. He just needs some pieces around him, meaning an offensive line. Only two players in NFL history could produce without a line.

Jim Brown, and that's a guess because he had one,and Barry Sanders. No guess there because he had one for only one season .
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Tue May 16, 2017 4:38 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 12:41 pm
pierson242 wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 11:51 am I would NOT trade Howard for Gurley especially if your adding to your side!!! No way Jose! Keep Howard and attempt to make a good trade or two to make up for this one. I wouldn't have worried about the domestic violence stuff and don't consider this "cashing out" I would just keep Howard he's just as good as Gurley Gordon or Freeman
In what universe is Howard better than Gurley? Gurley is the best back in the league. He just needs some pieces around him, meaning an offensive line. Only two players in NFL history could produce without a line.

Jim Brown, and that's a guess because he had one,and Barry Sanders. No guess there because he had one for only one season .
Umm, no. DJ, Bell, and Zeke are all better than Gurley. Look, I am a believer in Gurley's talent (it's documented in the forums haha), but even Howard has been more impressive than Gurley to this point.
@BrianHarrFF

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 16, 2017 4:50 pm

JCDallas wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 am Thanks for the responses. Seems like an interesting debate. I know that Elliott was great last year, but the entire Cowboys team was great last year. A lot better than anyone ever expected. I think there will be some minor regression, plus that stuff about him with the domestic violence had me concerned and I figured I would cash out while I could. I know, nothing is probably going to happen with that, but still.

Also, the Cowboys lost two OL last year. I know Collins is going to move to OT, and Cooper will slide into the guard spot, which is fine. But still a little different.
A lot of this comes off as manufactured pessimism. You're right that Elliott may have a statistical regression, though I doubt it's significant. It's bound to happen when you run for 1,631 yards and score 16 total touchdowns as a rookie. That's not a reason to sell.

Jordan Howard could have a statistical regression and Kevin White is a third-year WR who's only played 4 games. The 2018 firsts will increase in value, bu they're still a dart throw. Given the concerns you have about Elliott and the personnel on Dallas' offensive line, I think it's ironic that you took on a longer list of concerns in exchange AND gave up a future 1st on top.

Again, it's not an awful trade, but I think you could've done better by just keeping Zeke or fetching better value. It's rare to find an RB whose talent is parallel to his situation. And he'll only be 22 years old next season.