Moncrief or Lamar??

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Moncrief or Lamar??

Postby AussieMate » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:13 pm

I can see the romantic notion that crief will blowup into some star but going off my league Miller has been one of the most consistent RBS over the last 3 years. I've been guilty of hoping for a miracle ( still have wright and j Gordon on my deep roster) but we have heard the same thing over the last 3 years "he has luck, how can he not be a wr1" it just feels like Floyd all over again (who I did try and get a few times over the last 2years, glad they were asking to much) I vote Miller and I won't use the "easily" tag but I would need a fair bit more on top to trade.

wesley9547
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wesley9547 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:56 am

Miller for me and its not really close.
“Take Care of Yo’ Chicken”
Marshawn Lynch

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:07 am

TheHound55 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:54 am has always been more hype than substance imo.
If we put "Moncrief" at the start of this it is more applicable than it is to Miller. Just because Moncrief is younger, that does not mean he is better nor more valuable. That is the only argument worth its merit for him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

glider
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby glider » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 am

Miller. Moncrief hasn't shown enough, and the interest from the Colts in Alshon Jeffrey is concerning... especially given that it's a new GM.
12-Team PPR 3rd Season (11th in '15, 1st in '16):
QB: Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB: Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde, Mark Ingram, Ty Montgomery, Frank Gore, Jeremy Langford, Karlos Williams, Josh Ferguson
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas, Kelvin Benjamin, Randall Cobb, DeVante Parker, Kenny Britt, Pharoh Cooper, Mike Wallace
TE: Jordan Reed, Tyler Eifert, Maxx Williams, CJ Fiedorowicz

16 Team Standard Scoring Non-PPR, 4th season (9th in '14, 7th in '15, 1st in '16):
QB: Andrew Luck, Brock Osweiler
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Lamar Miller, Spencer Ware, Doug Martin, Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Williams, Alfred Blue
WR: Mike Evans, TY Hilton, DeSean Jackson, Rishard Matthews, Kenny Britt, Kamar Aiken, Brian Quick, Bruce Ellington
TE: Jimmy Graham, Martellus Bennett, Zach Miller
D/ST: Broncos

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 am

dcog17 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 am Miller. Moncrief hasn't shown enough, and the interest from the Colts in Alshon Jeffrey is concerning... especially given that it's a new GM.
This went very under the radar regarding their confidence in Moncrief, because we know they weren't bringing him in to take TY's role.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 am

skip wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:07 am
TheHound55 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:54 am has always been more hype than substance imo.
If we put "Moncrief" at the start of this it is more applicable than it is to Miller. Just because Moncrief is younger, that does not mean he is better nor more valuable. That is the only argument worth its merit for him.
This. When I read that statement yesterday, I just burst out laughing. How can you say that about Miller, a player that has actually produced and produced well, when the guy you claim to rather have is the absolute epitome of hype over substance?!? He prefaced that quote with, "I'd rather have the 23yo WR" before claiming Miller is the all hype one. A very telling statement, as it hints at two of the major problems with many dynasty players. 1) The younger player is inherently more valuable, and 2) WR always trumps RB. Yeah, except when it doesn't. Which happens to be the case many times, one of which is this one.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:11 am

derekhiny wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 am
This. When I read that statement yesterday, I just burst out laughing. How can you say that about Miller, a player that has actually produced and produced well, when the guy you claim to rather have is the absolute epitome of hype over substance?!? He prefaced that quote with, "I'd rather have the 23yo WR" before claiming Miller is the all hype one. A very telling statement, as it hints at two of the major problems with many dynasty players. 1) The younger player is inherently more valuable, and 2) WR always trumps RB. Yeah, except when it doesn't. Which happens to be the case many times, one of which is this one.
Did you notice that the people who prefer Moncrief have disappeared from the thread once the production numbers were actually cited?
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:16 am

derekhiny wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 am
Me too, I read this and was like, "oh.. and Moncrief is sooo proven and has no value based on situation/hype, right???"

I don't think a lot of people actually watch film on these forums. The eye test is my number one indicator for who I want.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:27 am

theone wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 pm Miller. I can not believe this is a question. :wall:
This. Why are people still giving Moncrief value? He sucks people!
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson