Possible trade offer...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Possible trade offer...

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:58 pm

What are you gaining for the drop from a top 3 QB to a top 15 QB? Mccoy to wells is minimal, forsett isn't anything more than a throw in and mike williams (although he has potential) is not nearly enough to justify the trade on your end. if I'm the other guy I'm falling all over the accept button.
if your so Hell bent on trading Brees who you haven't even had for 1 game yet. why not make it ryan and a 1st or more next year?. of course his team will be much better after he gets your best player so it probably won't be a high pick or picks. like I said I'd wait till you see who has the top pick next year. Don't let yourself get tunnel vision on making a deal get done cuz that generally doesn't end well. work your team and revisit it later in the season or next offseason.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 pm

MARKinMI wrote:What are you gaining for the drop from a top 3 QB to a top 15 QB? Mccoy to wells is minimal, forsett isn't anything more than a throw in and mike williams (although he has potential) is not nearly enough to justify the trade on your end. if I'm the other guy I'm falling all over the accept button.
if your so Hell bent on trading Brees who you haven't even had for 1 game yet. why not make it ryan and a 1st or more next year?. of course his team will be much better after he gets your best player so it probably won't be a high pick or picks. like I said I'd wait till you see who has the top pick next year. Don't let yourself get tunnel vision on making a deal get done cuz that generally doesn't end well. work your team and revisit it later in the season or next offseason.
The other owner and I are good friends so we keep a good line of communication going when negotiating and he def wasn't falling all over the accept button. He liked getting Brees, but didn't like giving up Wells.

As for me being hell bent on trading Brees, I'm not sure where you got that opinion. I am not happy with my RB/WR. Brees is my most valuable player so I was seeing what I could get in return for him. Like I said, I ended up revoking the deal and will revisit if I see another possibility for him and I to deal.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:05 pm

BeRanDone wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:What are you gaining for the drop from a top 3 QB to a top 15 QB? Mccoy to wells is minimal, forsett isn't anything more than a throw in and mike williams (although he has potential) is not nearly enough to justify the trade on your end. if I'm the other guy I'm falling all over the accept button.
The other owner and I are good friends so we keep a good line of communication going when negotiating and he def wasn't falling all over the accept button. He liked getting Brees, but didn't like giving up Wells.

As for me being hell bent on trading Brees, I'm not sure where you got that opinion. I am not happy with my RB/WR. Brees is my most valuable player so I was seeing what I could get in return for him. Like I said, I ended up revoking the deal and will revisit if I see another possibility for him and I to deal.
It seems like you guys are pretty close. I would still try and work a deal involving Brees/Ryan and Wells/?...

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
BeRanDone wrote:

It seems like you guys are pretty close. I would still try and work a deal involving Brees/Ryan and Wells/?...
Yeah I'd like to. Currently trying to see what I can do.

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Forsett averaged over 5 ypc last season in terrible offense. The kids got skill. I like him a lot this season, as does Carroll. He'll be a low end RB1/high end RB2 this year and moving forward. I can't understand how this guy is being under valued like he is.
16 team league, non-PPR standard scoring plus bonuses. $200 cap
Schaub ($26/2014), Weeden ($5/2016)
McFadden ($35/2012), Richardson ($8/2018), Goodson ($2/2012), W. Powell ($2/2014), Taiwan ($5/2014) Bryce Brown ($2/2016)
Fitz ($32/2014), Nicks ($12/2012), DJax ($12/2013), Wayne ($12/2012) Collie ($8/2015), Hilton ($3/2014), Streeter ($3/2013), Hixon ($5/2012), Smith (STL $2/2015), B. Tate ($2/2012)
Gresham ($10/2016), Rudolph ($5/2015), Housler ($2/2017), C. Clay ($2/2015), Cooley ($5/2012)
Gostowski ($2/2015)
CAR ($3/2014), CIN ($2/2014)

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 pm

nightmarion wrote:Forsett averaged over 5 ypc last season in terrible offense. The kids got skill. I like him a lot this season, as does Carroll. He'll be a low end RB1/high end RB2 this year and moving forward. I can't understand how this guy is being under valued like he is.
I'd be very curious to understand how you came to that conclusion. If I'm not mistaken, Carroll has traded for two new RBs and flirted with trading for another since inheriting Forsett. Not exactly a vote of confidence where I come from. Sure, I bet he's saying nice things about Forsett now, but it shouldn't be too difficult to read between the lines.

Not to mention the fact that Forsett is not likely to get short-yardage work.

Having said all that, I think Forsett could have a good season. But as far as I'm concerned the writing is on the wall, and Carroll will still find "his" RB sooner than later. Regardless of how Forsett does, coaches are rarely flexible when it comes to the type of personnel they like.
Year 2 | 12 team | Standard | .5 PPR | rtrn yrds | 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 each IDP (big play)

Q: Stafford, Ben, Locker, Kaep
R: Run DMC, Mathews, JStew, M. Bush, D. Wilson, Jennings, D. Scott, Tanner
W: Mega, Fitz, Nicks, Julio, Rice, Meachem, D. Baldwin, Sanu, M. Jones, G. ChildsBriscoe
T: Gates, Allen, Moeaki
K: Janikowski
DL: JPP, C. Johnson
LB: Willis, Hali, Bishop
DB: J. McCourty, Chancellor

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:07 am

If you can unload Murphy for something more than a bag of beans, you are doing well.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 am

skip wrote:If you can unload Murphy for something more than a bag of beans, you are doing well.
Yeah he told me this morning that Murphy does nothing for him so he's out of the equation. Back to the drawing board...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 am

If you're really still trying to get something done here and are planning the downgrade from Brees to Ryan, I would see if you can make a pretty significant upgrade elsewhere - like Olsen for Davis.

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:44 am

Caroll has said that Forsett has the ability to be an every down back. Now I understand that talk is cheap this time of year. However, look at his stats last year: 114 attempts for 619 yards (5.4 ypc), 41 receptions for 350 yards. As a head coach, I find it hard to believe you can be looking elsewhere for a RB when you have a guy on the roster that posted those numbers last season. He obviously plays well out of the backfield with a 5.4ypc and he opens up the passing game with his great hands.

Everyone is saying they need to bring in Lynch. He has never averaged over 4.1 ypc. His best season he posted 47 catches, and that was as the lead back. Forsett is the man in Seattle this season and moving forward. His numbers do all the talking.
16 team league, non-PPR standard scoring plus bonuses. $200 cap
Schaub ($26/2014), Weeden ($5/2016)
McFadden ($35/2012), Richardson ($8/2018), Goodson ($2/2012), W. Powell ($2/2014), Taiwan ($5/2014) Bryce Brown ($2/2016)
Fitz ($32/2014), Nicks ($12/2012), DJax ($12/2013), Wayne ($12/2012) Collie ($8/2015), Hilton ($3/2014), Streeter ($3/2013), Hixon ($5/2012), Smith (STL $2/2015), B. Tate ($2/2012)
Gresham ($10/2016), Rudolph ($5/2015), Housler ($2/2017), C. Clay ($2/2015), Cooley ($5/2012)
Gostowski ($2/2015)
CAR ($3/2014), CIN ($2/2014)

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 am

nightmarion wrote:Caroll has said that Forsett has the ability to be an every down back. Now I understand that talk is cheap this time of year. However, look at his stats last year: 114 attempts for 619 yards (5.4 ypc), 41 receptions for 350 yards. As a head coach, I find it hard to believe you can be looking elsewhere for a RB when you have a guy on the roster that posted those numbers last season. He obviously plays well out of the backfield with a 5.4ypc and he opens up the passing game with his great hands.

Everyone is saying they need to bring in Lynch. He has never averaged over 4.1 ypc. His best season he posted 47 catches, and that was as the lead back. Forsett is the man in Seattle this season and moving forward. His numbers do all the talking.
So does this mean that you have the opinion that the offer I posted with Forsett in there was good for me?
Last edited by BeRanDone on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:29 am

skip wrote:If you're really still trying to get something done here and are planning the downgrade from Brees to Ryan, I would see if you can make a pretty significant upgrade elsewhere - like Olsen for Davis.
That's pretty much a no-go as he's a huge Niner's homer. There's been a couple times this offseason I've talked him out of basically dealing AJ straight up for Crabtree...

What we're discussing right now: Brees/Aromashadu/2011 1st for Ryan/Wells/Williams. What do you think?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 am

BeRanDone wrote:
skip wrote:If you're really still trying to get something done here and are planning the downgrade from Brees to Ryan, I would see if you can make a pretty significant upgrade elsewhere - like Olsen for Davis.
That's pretty much a no-go as he's a huge Niner's homer. There's been a couple times this offseason I've talked him out of basically dealing AJ straight up for Crabtree...

What we're discussing right now: Brees/Aromashadu/2011 1st for Ryan/Wells/Williams. What do you think?
I like it.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:40 am

BeRanDone wrote:

Well, if you're going to move Brees to get Ryan then that is the kind of value you have to get coming the other way. So unless he can pony up that kind of value, then you keep Brees.

This deal you are talking about now looks pretty good.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:46 pm

So there's been plenty of talks between me and this guy since I last posted. Here's the latest offer that is sitting out on the site that he's currently thinking over: Brees/Marshall/McCoy for Ryan/AJ/Mike Williams/Wells.

What do you think about what I'd be giving up vs receiving if this went through?