Pickup any of these Free Agents?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Pickup any of these Free Agents?

Postby pntgvn2399 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:39 am

10 Team NO PPR.. .1 per yard rushing or recieving and 6 per TD.. Here is my team, COMPLETELY REBUILDING as you can tell..

QB- Henne, Freeman, Clausen
RB- Hardesty, Harrison, Forsett, Cadillac Williams
WR- Wallace, Britt, Knox, Collie, McCluster, Bess, Doucet, Decker, M Williams (TB), Owens
TE- Finley, H Miller

Here are the free agents that are noteworthy

RB- Arian Foster, James Starks, Javon Ringer
WR- James Jones, Louis Murphy, Jacoby Jones, Malcom Floyd, Marcus Easley, Jordan Shipley, Armanti Edwards

Should I go out and grab any of these guys? James Starks sticks out because I am so short at RB but I do have 3 1st round picks next year to address that.. WR's seem like there are a few out there that really shouldn't be IMO.. So if you would pick up any of these who would you drop to do so? Owens would be the 1st drop on my list I think but what do you guys think?
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:50 am

I would drop TO and pick up Arian Foster. I would also then drop Davone Bess to pick up James Jones since this league is Non-PPR. In a non-PPR league, Bess has little value to me when compared to someone who may take over for Driver starting part way through this season.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:59 am

GridIronFavre wrote:I would drop TO and pick up Arian Foster. I would also then drop Davone Bess to pick up James Jones since this league is Non-PPR. In a non-PPR league, Bess has little value to me when compared to someone who may take over for Driver starting part way through this season.
I agree although I would try and move TO instead of dropping him.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

I agree ^

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:00 am

I too would dump owens and best and pick up foster & jones

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Bess

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 am

I mean Bess not Best!

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Re: Bess

Postby pntgvn2399 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am

MARKinMI wrote:I mean Bess not Best!
Yeah I figured that.. Because if I had Best, no offense I would not be dropping him haha.. I did exactly what you guys suggested, pretty much what I was thinking anyways but just wanted to confirm it.. Thanks much
12 Team PPR IDP
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:39 am

I like Foster and Ringer. Ringer, to me is intriguing, he will be the #2 RB behind CJ4.24 and he may get plenty of time as he will be filling in the role that Lendale had! Plus, if CJ decides to hold out (which I don't think will happen, but you never know), he could be the starter.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Pickup any of these Free Agents?

Postby blacksheep » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:50 am

pntgvn2399 wrote:10 Team NO PPR.. .1 per yard rushing or recieving and 6 per TD.. Here is my team, COMPLETELY REBUILDING as you can tell..

QB- Henne, Freeman, Clausen
RB- Hardesty, Harrison, Forsett, Cadillac Williams
WR- Wallace, Britt, Knox, Collie, McCluster, Bess, Doucet, Decker, M Williams (TB), Owens
TE- Finley, H Miller

Here are the free agents that are noteworthy

RB- Arian Foster, James Starks, Javon Ringer
WR- James Jones, Louis Murphy, Jacoby Jones, Malcom Floyd, Marcus Easley, Jordan Shipley, Armanti Edwards

Should I go out and grab any of these guys? James Starks sticks out because I am so short at RB but I do have 3 1st round picks next year to address that.. WR's seem like there are a few out there that really shouldn't be IMO.. So if you would pick up any of these who would you drop to do so? Owens would be the 1st drop on my list I think but what do you guys think?
These two jump out to me and RBs is an area you need to address. Drop Bess but I would also try to trade TO as said above. The situation in San Diego as far as Vincent Jackson goes, should make Floyd a player to watch closely.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:38 pm

I'd drop TO and Bess as well.... however, I'd pick up A.Foster (since he's in the mix) and L.Murphy (who I really like). My third choice would be Ringer, but his upside is capped with Chris Johnson who will report at some point.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:20 pm

I'm in some 10 team leagues, and a lot of those guys are on the waiver wire too.

I would drop TO and Bess also, and grab Foster. I'm tempted to grab either James Jones or Jacoby Jones in 1 of my 10 teamers as well. They both have bust out potential.

This is an aggesive move, but I would consider dropping or trading Heath Miller (if you can get anything from him). How often will you play him over Finley? You might be able to find a 1 week fill in, like Shawn Nelson, on the waiver wire to cover Finley's bye.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:31 pm

And in a 10 team no PPR league, I like Starks as a prospect.

In 10 team leagues, every team has better players, so to hang with them, your lineup has to be stacked. You get killed by playing flex type of guys in your lineup such as reggie bush, sproles, hightower, mcknight, etc.

Starks to me is a boom or bust type of player. He has the talent, but also injury concerns. But I like the fact that he's sitting behind Ryan Grant. If he was on a different team, I'd ignore him all together. If he rises up to feature back material, then you're a genius for squirreling him away. Guys like Joe McKnight might have a better chance of being on the field, but the points per game ceiling just isn't there.

Last year in my 10 team league, Shonn Greene ended up on the waiver wire. I snatched him up and held him all season long. Same with Kolb. That's how you win a 10 teamer. In a 12 team league, those guys wouldn't have been on the waiver wire.