Darren McFadden

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Darren McFadden

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I drafted D-Mac # 1 overall a few yrs back (like most people did) and it has killed my RB rotation. I've gotten some feelers for him but no concrete offers. My biggest fear is that I move him and he blows up kinda like benson and to some degree deangelo williams did. Does anybody think McFadden can or will become the player most thought he would be. Or should I try to move him before the floor falls out? If I move him what's the least I should take?

hostile
Starter
Starter

Re: Darren McFadden

Postby hostile » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 pm

MARKinMI wrote:I drafted D-Mac # 1 overall a few yrs back (like most people did) and it has killed my RB rotation. I've gotten some feelers for him but no concrete offers. My biggest fear is that I move him and he blows up kinda like benson and to some degree deangelo williams did. Does anybody think McFadden can or will become the player most thought he would be. Or should I try to move him before the floor falls out? If I move him what's the least I should take?
I suppose moving him depends on your remaining risk tolerance. As an owner myself, I am going to hold for this season. The Raiders seem to be moving in the right direction. Campbell, imnsho, is a very underrated QB who will be able to keep defenses honest with Schilens/DHB/Miller at his disposal. I firmly believe Bush is the back to own, but they may use DMac as a mismatch/slot guy more than anything which could give him some PPR flex spot value.

I just dont think DMac has what it takes to run b/t the tackles, and I also think he goes down far too easily on contact to ever be a high-value back. If he's truly burning a hole in your pocket, I think if you can get a high 2010 2nd or late 2011 1st for him, that would be about right, depending on your league demands.
2012 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2009, 2010, 2012 No Quit Keeper League Champion

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:14 am

I think he's a "hold". I have him on one team and have no intention of trying to redeem any value for him right now. Try to get Bush.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:36 am

He's definitely a hold. You aren't going to get value for him if you try to move him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:07 am

I think he is a flush.
I would flush that turd for the best offer I got as I feel DMC is nothing more than a name and Bush will be the best back in Oaktown this season.
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

I'm leaning towards keeping him

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:28 am

I do have M. Bush. The owner that wants him has picks 1.1, 1.3 & 1.6 in this yrs rookie draft. I think hed give up the 1.6 for him. The reason I'm probably going to hold on is that I'm not a big fan of B. Tate or Hardesty. They will probably be best available at that point. Tate will just be one of three RB's in a rotation for Houston and Hardesty plays 6 games vs Bal, Pit & Cin run Def every yr. I actually think DMac has more upside that those 2.

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:29 am

It depends on if you need fantasy production from him or his trade replacement right away. If you can do it, I would trade for the 1.6 and if you're against the guys available at that position, I would trade it for a 2011 1st and 2cd or something to that effect. Landing a 1st rounder for him at this point is great value....sell sell sell

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:53 am

I moved DMC and Bush in a package to take Hardesty and M. Williams recently. I may end up regretting the deal but I don't think DMC will ever be anything more than a Reggie Bush type player which isn't terrible but not something I want to rely on every week as a starter as his fantasy points will fluctuate too much. With that being said DMC makes the money out of the two so I think the Raiders will continue to give DMC a decent amount of touches which doesn't bode well for Bush and his fantasy outlook.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 am

Yeah, I might try to move DMC and Bush to the guy with the picks and you can try to get a Best, a Spiller, Tate or Hardesty...depending on the pick or picks you can get for them. I think that is the best scenario for you. But don't trade DMC by himself... you won't getthe value for him that you will get with both together.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:34 am

Steelersfan wrote:I moved DMC and Bush in a package to take Hardesty and M. Williams recently. I may end up regretting the deal but I don't think DMC will ever be anything more than a Reggie Bush type player which isn't terrible but not something I want to rely on every week as a starter as his fantasy points will fluctuate too much. With that being said DMC makes the money out of the two so I think the Raiders will continue to give DMC a decent amount of touches which doesn't bode well for Bush and his fantasy outlook.
I agree that he will fit a Bush type mold. Very true about the money aspect as well. Like I said above, if you can get a first for him, I would make the trade

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

No 2011 1's

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 am

Nobody in my league will trade a 2011 first rounder. normally you can trade back a yr and pick up another 2nd or 3rd. that's not the case this year. This draft is weak as hell. And in my scoring system there is a huge drop off after Bradford,mathews,best,spiller& bryant if you don't like tate & hardesty (which I dont). I've put out feelers for the 1.1 & 1.3 but the owner that has them has put a rediculous price tag on them. he's never had the 1.1 before and I think he's drastically over estimating its value. he put the pick "on the block" and was getting substanial offers. he wants a player like Andre or calvin for a top 3 pick. so as you can guess, those 2 picks aren't going anywhere. I don't pick until pick 24 cuz I traded this yrs picks last yr to move up to get Moreno when he dropped to 5. I'm in need of a RB, should I package MBush & DMC for one? if so what do you guys think I should ask for?

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:02 am

Trading M.Bush and DMac would depend on what you got.

The issue right now is that almost everyone sees Oak as a better place for FF production then the last few years, but no one seems to be willing to pay the price to get DMac and MBush. I think MBush is the one to have and I think he'll have a nice year and could be a RB2 FF wise. But no one is willing to pay that in trade value. I think you'll find that it will be hard to find an offer that isn't a low ball offer on those two players.

Right now I'd hold them unless you get an actual good deal. Wait for camp to start and the press will latch onto one of them, which will help increase their value in trade.