Ryan Grant trade offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
keelsatx
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Ryan Grant trade offer

Postby keelsatx » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:39 pm

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago. But the offer has since changed. I'm wondering if this is too good to pass up.
12 team. 22 man rosters. no IDP. 4 pt passing TDs. PPR. No contracts. No salaries. Draft a player, keep him forever kind of league.
Start 1-2-3-1-Flex-K-D

I just took this team over a couple months ago. So it kinda sucks.
Brady, Favre, V Young
Lynch, M Bell, Westbrook, Hilliard
Hines, Housh, Meachem, Schilens, James Jones, Doucet, TO
F Davis, Pettigrew
Akers
Giants D
1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 2.6
I left off the players I will be dropping to make room for my draft picks.

The offer on the table is Ryan Grant for my 2.6 and 2011 1st. This guy also just took over a team, and has sold 2 of his players for pretty cheap already. Marshall for 1.4 and 2011 1st. P Thomas for 1.10 and 2011 1st. The offer before was 1.6 and 2.5. I questioned this and everyone suggested to decline it. Now it has dropped to 2.6 and 2011 1st. Do I take this? If I don't do this trade, I don't think there's any way I could make the playoffs. If I do do this trade, I think my team is significantly better right now. But I'm not sure if I'm helping myself for 2011.

Any thoughts? Thanks as always.
Last edited by keelsatx on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:43 pm

I would do it. I am plenty high on Ryan Grant.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Postby pntgvn2399 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Absolutely you take this deal, you are in desperate need of a RB and this will help you out right away.. Basically what this guy is doing is selling off what is left of his team and rebuilding, I am assuming his team must have hit the over the hill status. This is also probably why the guy that had the team dropped out, which is why you set up penalties for dynasty if someone drops out of the league.. The new guy wants picks in 2011 and i would to as that draft looks to be loaded with talent across the board.. In any case, yes I take that deal.
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

Sawyer5500
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Sawyer5500 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:50 pm

I think I would do it but I would also be mindful that your 2011 pick could very well end up being the #1 overall pick by the looks of your team (no offense).

keelsatx
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby keelsatx » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Sawyer5500 wrote:I think I would do it but I would also be mindful that your 2011 pick could very well end up being the #1 overall pick by the looks of your team (no offense).
:cry:
Haha. No offense taken. Like I said, I just bought this team a few weeks ago. So I'm still trying to move things around to make it my own. Although, I've already made a few trades, this team didn't do too bad last year. It ended up with the 6th pick.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

I wouldn't

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 pm

I wouldn't take the deal. I don't think grant makes you a contender. By the time you have your team where you want it (1-2 yrs) I think grant will lose his job. he's an above avg RB but I look for the pack to upgrade the position next yr. I'd keep the pick because I think it'll probably be a good one. Next years draft is gonna be stacked. you could very well end up with a key building block in that draft.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:58 pm

2011 will be a very deep class. I would be trying to amass picks for that draft looking at your roster, not sell them off. This year was a sell year outside of 1.4/5.
2012 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2009, 2010, 2012 No Quit Keeper League Champion

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:11 am

I wouldn't do it either. I don't think having Grant will push you "over the top". Hang onto the picks and build it right. Like a previous poster said the 2011 could very well be the #1 pick overall. Grant might help you win a couple games but then you could become mired in the middle of the pack for years to come.

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:32 am

I would pass as well as your pick SHOULD be top 3.
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 am

Unlike these other future dreamers who think you can't win unless you have over half a dozen studs, I like to try to win EVERY season - I say take the deal. Grant instantly becomes your #1 back, you are set at QB and WR - with a little luck and development of the rookies you get at 1.06 and 1.07 (Hardesty? D. Thomas?), you could nab a playoff spot this season!

-oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:03 am

meineymoe wrote:Unlike these other future dreamers who think you can't win unless you have over half a dozen studs, I like to try to win EVERY season - I say take the deal. Grant instantly becomes your #1 back, you are set at QB and WR - with a little luck and development of the rookies you get at 1.06 and 1.07 (Hardesty? D. Thomas?), you could nab a playoff spot this season!

-oo-
Exactly. The sentiment on this site towards Grant is completely unjustified. The number of RBs who are going to get 300 carries is growing smaller every year. Grant is on that list. He isn't elite, but he can put up top 10 numbers at a cheap price.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:16 am

I like Grant but think your team needs quite a bit of overhauling before it will be competing for a championship, so I would pass on the offer and keep the picks.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:58 am

I would pass as I don't see the addition of Grant helping your team enough to give you a legit shot at even the playoffs this year. I would move vets like Favre, Hines, Housh, and TO (after he signs) for as many 2011 picks as you can get. Tear it down and build it back up through the draft and or trades for young talent...

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:27 am

I think I would do it, just because you need rb's to field a lineup and you can grab Hardesty or Tate at 1.6.... but I might try to counter with the 2011 2nd rd pick instead.

Plus... Steelers fan stole my thunder... you should trade off some Vets for future picks or young players even!

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 am

This trade is good value this season, but next season it doesn't help as much. You inherited an aging team. I look at your roster and think there is a real possibility you're drafting 1.01 in 2011. I would rather have Mark Ingram tomorrow than Ryan Grant today. I say pass...