Would you rather have Corey Coleman or Allen Robinson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Right right now, who would you rather have straight up?

Allen Robinson
82%
Corey Coleman
18%

Total votes: 34

Blue
Rookie
Rookie

Would you rather have Corey Coleman or Allen Robinson

Postby Blue » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Which of these two young wide outs would you rather own?
Last edited by Blue on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Would you rather have Corey Coleman or Allen Robinson

Postby harr » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Blue wrote:Which two of these young wide outs would you rather own?
ARob easily for me.
@BrianHarrFF

Blue
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Blue » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 pm

A-Rob has just been so lackluster this season. I'm scared that he was just a garbage time king..

Blue
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Blue » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Also this league has custom scoring that gives bonus points such as this:

Length of Receiving TD 0-9 + 0 points
Length of Receiving TD 10-39 +3 points
Length of Receiving TD 40-110 +6 points

I'm thinking Coleman has the advantage in this sorta league, with his speed...am I crazy???

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:43 pm

There is no league, no setting, no scoring system, where Coleman should be rated higher than AROB. And that's not a sleight against Coleman at all. It's just simple evaluation.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Blue
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Blue » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Corey Coleman has 51.05 points in this league so far, and he's been out the whole season and he was widely regarded as the top WR prospect of the 2016 draft class. Whereas Robinson's sorry bleep has only 84.60 points and he's been healthy all season. I don't know man, I'm just really becoming frustrated with Robinson. I think it is a real concern regarding his garbage time stat padding he had last season...he's seeming like a one year wonder as each week goes by.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:28 pm

You've gotta go arob, at least he has done it for a season, even if he is on the outskirts of the top 10/15 he is still way higher than Coleman *for now*. This could all change very rapidly. Coleman was playing very very well before going down to injury. Arob has shown that he can produce high numbers *not in garbage time (look at his situational splits on the NFL's website)* but he has also shown he doesn't always put up numbers, a la this season.
Maybe last year was a career year for the kid and he is still a top 10/15 lower end wr1 high end wr2, maybe he produces around last year for a few years and is in the top 5-7 range or even higher. Maybe he is the Peyton Hillis of wrs.
That's the thing, you never know, that's why I would say with regards to arob when people were putting him top 5 over ajg and DT and dez and cooper and Evans and nuk "I want to see more" one season isnt a proven track record. Tech companies around 2000 grew exponentially and were waaaay over valued after a year or two of high growth and profits during the tech boom. Once people realized that the growth and volume of sales was unrealistic and unmaintainable the company's stock would crash even though they had a "track record" or huge growth and high sales. I'm not saying arob isnt or can't be great. But he sure as hell isnt blue chip yet, and this season isnt impressing me.

But guess what, Coleman has an even less established history, don't forget about that.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Blue
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Blue » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:34 pm

nathanq42 wrote:You've gotta go arob, at least he has done it for a season, even if he is on the outskirts of the top 10/15 he is still way higher than Coleman *for now*. This could all change very rapidly. Coleman was playing very very well before going down to injury. Arob has shown that he can produce high numbers *not in garbage time (look at his situational splits on the NFL's website)* but he has also shown he doesn't always put up numbers, a la this season.
Maybe last year was a career year for the kid and he is still a top 10/15 lower end wr1 high end wr2, maybe he produces around last year for a few years and is in the top 5-7 range or even higher. Maybe he is the Peyton Hillis of wrs.
That's the thing, you never know, that's why I would say with regards to arob when people were putting him top 5 over ajg and DT and dez and cooper and Evans and nuk "I want to see more" one season isnt a proven track record. Tech companies around 2000 grew exponentially and were waaaay over valued after a year or two of high growth and profits during the tech boom. Once people realized that the growth and volume of sales was unrealistic and unmaintainable the company's stock would crash even though they had a "track record" or huge growth and high sales. I'm not saying arob isnt or can't be great. But he sure as hell isnt blue chip yet, and this season isnt impressing me.

But guess what, Coleman has an even less established history, don't forget about that.

True, many thanks for your write up, you provided a lot of insight and food for thought. I don't know, I just have a gut instinct feeling that I should swap Robinson for Coleman, and I just might. I would say that the scoring rules of this league really favor Coleman, as he has the speed to his game more so than Robinson. The league is half-ppr; so that negates a little bit of Robinson' possession receiver strengths. I drafted Robinson in a start up at pick 7 and I'm really starting to have buyers remorse. It seemed like a great pick up at the time (I actually was prepared to Draft Zeke but #5 overall took him - we drafted in pre-season...I was not expecting that in a league full of Texans fans..but thats besides the point lol) but it just feels extremely frustrating to own Robinson. The way the scoring rules are set up in this league, he's been a dead sink for my roster.

Marquise Goodwin has 78.80 points in this league to AR's 84...

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:51 pm

With arob's size and high pointing ability he showed last year, the TD grabs you saw mike Evans make tonight (tnf vs falcons 2016 (just incase anyone from the future comes back and sees this)) arob can do just the same, he has the same size and frame as dez and Julio, he just hasn't been around long enough to compete with those guys in terms of being able to look into their past stats and stuff to predict how they'll do, there just aren't enough data points on arob yet. But arob has tons of skill and ability and is more than capable to make those leaping TD grabs you see dez and AJG and Julio and Evans come down with from 30-40 yards out.
And remember, Coleman has an even more unproven career. I've said that arob shouldn't be so high because he has only had one great season of production. Coleman has 0 great seasons of production, yes due to injury, but we know way more about arob in the NFL than we do about Coleman. What if you buy Coleman for arob and Coleman ends up stinking it up worse than arob is this season? If you want Coleman for arob go for it, but the Coleman side should be adding a lot if its going to be an even trade.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:10 am

I would have no Problem swapping Robinson for Coleman. Robinson was good, but Coleman is special. I'm buying him wherever he is available.
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

jarridgil
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jarridgil » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:24 am

Even. No problem either side. Would be a fair trade. I love coleman but so I voted his way
12 team league. 2 new owners created an expansion league. 1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 1flx
Qb. Tyrod.
Rb. T coleman. J Howard. T Hightower. R MAthews. J Richard.K Marshall. D Williams
Wr. A Jeffery. Treadwell. Corey coleman. D Parker. P Dorsett. M Lee. P Richardson. J Gordon. D smith
Te. Gronk. Ebron.
Picks. 2017 1.3 and 1 late first. 2 3rds 2 4ths. 2018 1 1st 2 2nds 3 3rds 4th and 5th & 19 all picks + 1 1st

Picks 1.1 and 1.2 are locked to the expansion teams until 2020

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Postby blacklab1010 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:03 am

Blue wrote:Corey Coleman has 51.05 points in this league so far, and he's been out the whole season and he was widely regarded as the top WR prospect of the 2016 draft class. Whereas Robinson's sorry bleep has only 84.60 points and he's been healthy all season. I don't know man, I'm just really becoming frustrated with Robinson. I think it is a real concern regarding his garbage time stat padding he had last season...he's seeming like a one year wonder as each week goes by.
i agree with this, but still give arob the edge slightly
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis

GBP1388
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GBP1388 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Arob. Coleman has played all of 2 games.
Green Bowl Packers
12 team .5ppr 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 te k d
qb: watson, pickett, purdy, minshew, mayfield
rb: bijan, chubb, mixon, charbs, hubbard, foreman, r. johnson, gray, ford
wr: chase, evans, cooper, d. johnson, pittman, juju, julio, palmer, r. james, shakir
te: kittle, goedert, gesicki, chig
d: car, bal
k: butker
2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:08 pm

Blue wrote:Corey Coleman has 51.05 points in this league so far, and he's been out the whole season and he was widely regarded as the top WR prospect of the 2016 draft class. Whereas Robinson's sorry bleep has only 84.60 points and he's been healthy all season. I don't know man, I'm just really becoming frustrated with Robinson. I think it is a real concern regarding his garbage time stat padding he had last season...he's seeming like a one year wonder as each week goes by.
So you would rather man an assessment on a player talent based off on two games of production, and 7 career catchs, 5 of which came against one of the worst secondaries in the league against a player who has 1 solid and 1 incredible year of NFL production under his belt. Every player goes through slumps, if Corey Coleman's last game before injury was a dud would you say the same?

Your team, but trading Arob for CC would be a bold move. Very bold.
If you are looking to make this trade you should be asking for more on top, you should be able to land a first on top + CC for Arob.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Blue
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Blue » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:25 pm

I offered him straight up for CC and the CC owner declined. I offered to add a 3rd to it and he still declined AR15. I guess it goes to show how much AR15's stock has dropped? :think: