Its a Golden opportunity

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Its a Golden opportunity

Postby nightmarion » Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 am

I expect Tate to start opposite Housh by the time that week 1 roles around. What are others thoughts about this? What do you think his role will be with this team and what sort of fantasy impact are you expecting from him this season, and also in the future? I consider him a WR3 with WR2 upside this season (in a 16 team league). Is that unrealistic? (Given the fact that rookie WR's rarely make an impact in their first year)

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 am

I think it is just a little too early to tell. He doesn't have a whole lot in his way to get in the starting line up. If he does that, I think he'll definitely make his share of plays.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 am

I don't think its unreasonable. The Seahawks haven't had a decent WR since Steve Largent retired.

One season from Koren Robinson doesn't count.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Wed May 26, 2010 6:52 am

[quote="skip"]I don't think its unreasonable. The Seahawks haven't had a decent WR since Steve Largent retired.

One season from Koren Robinson doesn't count.[/quote]

I love it :lol:

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Wed May 26, 2010 7:11 am

skip wrote:I don't think its unreasonable. The Seahawks haven't had a decent WR since Steve Largent retired.

Wow skip. As a former champ who rellied heavily on Darrell Jackson to win some nice money in multiple seasons, i think you are clearly in the wrong with that statement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/s ... yerId=2211
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Its a Golden opportunity

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 am

nightmarion wrote:I expect Tate to start opposite Housh by the time that week 1 roles around. What are others thoughts about this? What do you think his role will be with this team and what sort of fantasy impact are you expecting from him this season, and also in the future? I consider him a WR3 with WR2 upside this season (in a 16 team league). Is that unrealistic? (Given the fact that rookie WR's rarely make an impact in their first year)
I think your assessment is correct. Tate has the tools to be at least a WR2 in a 16 team league.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 am

BubbaBurst wrote:
skip wrote:I don't think its unreasonable. The Seahawks haven't had a decent WR since Steve Largent retired.

Wow skip. As a former champ who rellied heavily on Darrell Jackson to win some nice money in multiple seasons, i think you are clearly in the wrong with that statement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/s ... yerId=2211
I wasnt attempting to be entirely serious with my statement...its really meant to be a commentary on the present state of the WRs in Seattle. Not a town that has been a hotbed of talent at the position. Tate doesn't exactly have much in front of him there.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.