I need an offer idea to get Celek.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

I need an offer idea to get Celek.

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue May 25, 2010 8:36 am

I need to upgrade at TE.
A team has Gates and Celek, so I'm looking for ideas to offer for Celek.

10 teams, .5 PPR, all TD's 4pt, heavy BP IDP scoring.
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1WR/TE, off flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2CB, Def flex

My team:
QB: Cutler, Palmer
RB: SJ, Stewart, Greene, M.Bush, Moreno, Forsett, J.Davis
WR: AJ, Marshall, Bowe, Massaquoi, Nicks, Britt, L.Murphy, Knox
TE: Olsen
DL: Shobel, Harvey, Avril
LB: Harris, Laurinaitis, Posluszny
DB: Harper, Babineaux, K.Phillips, B.Scott

I have the 9th pick in every round. It is a rookie/FA draft with each team having to drop one of their top 3 offensive scorers and one of thier top 3 defensive scorers from last year. So... the picks are more valuable then just a rookie draft. For instance, I am dropping M.Austin WR and D.Hawthorne LB, but I'm probably dropping the best player of anyone in M.Austin (since I'm not dropping AJ or Marhsall).

Yes... I know TE isn't a required starting position, but the league has very unique rules for the flex starter that allow your opposition that week to force you play your weakness against you. My weakness was TE last year and it looks like that weakness is going to get worse this year.

I need some offer ideas for Celek. The other team is weak at WR with Colston, TO, A.Bryant, Collie. The other teams draft position isn't know since the bottom 6 teams go into a lottery.

I was thinking that Bowe was worth more then Celek so I should get something back, but what? Britt might pretty close.
Wanted to poll the masses for thoughts to see if I was under or over valuing any of the players and get offer ideas.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue May 25, 2010 10:15 am

What about:

Give: Britt
Get: Celek, 2010 1st round pick

What slot does this owner have in the 1st round?

I'm not very high on Britt so I think his value is closer to Celek's than Bowe's, but not close enough to do a 1-for-1 deal IMO.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: I need an offer idea to get Celek.

Postby Orca » Tue May 25, 2010 10:19 am

MR ROURKE wrote:I need to upgrade at TE.
A team has Gates and Celek, so I'm looking for ideas to offer for Celek.

10 teams, .5 PPR, all TD's 4pt, heavy BP IDP scoring.
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1WR/TE, off flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2CB, Def flex

My team:
QB: Cutler, Palmer
RB: SJ, Stewart, Greene, M.Bush, Moreno, Forsett, J.Davis
WR: AJ, Marshall, Bowe, Massaquoi, Nicks, Britt, L.Murphy, Knox
TE: Olsen
DL: Shobel, Harvey, Avril
LB: Harris, Laurinaitis, Posluszny
DB: Harper, Babineaux, K.Phillips, B.Scott

I have the 9th pick in every round. It is a rookie/FA draft with each team having to drop one of their top 3 offensive scorers and one of thier top 3 defensive scorers from last year. So... the picks are more valuable then just a rookie draft. For instance, I am dropping M.Austin WR and D.Hawthorne LB, but I'm probably dropping the best player of anyone in M.Austin (since I'm not dropping AJ or Marhsall).

Yes... I know TE isn't a required starting position, but the league has very unique rules for the flex starter that allow your opposition that week to force you play your weakness against you. My weakness was TE last year and it looks like that weakness is going to get worse this year.

I need some offer ideas for Celek. The other team is weak at WR with Colston, TO, A.Bryant, Collie. The other teams draft position isn't know since the bottom 6 teams go into a lottery.

I was thinking that Bowe was worth more then Celek so I should get something back, but what? Britt might pretty close.
Wanted to poll the masses for thoughts to see if I was under or over valuing any of the players and get offer ideas.
I am still trying to keep my head from exploding from the thought of a league making me drop Miles Austin :shock: .

Britt for Celek seems about right.
Bowe has a wide range of values. It all depends on how much your trade partner values him. Without seeing his team it is tough to target a "throw in" player that might have a high upside. Maybe you get him to throw in a draft pick with Celek. If your throwing Olsen in then you should definitely get something in return...even in the Britt trade...maybe a rookie pick or something.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 25, 2010 10:44 am

I would throw Britts name out there and see where it goes.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:52 am

BeRanDone wrote:What about:

Give: Britt
Get: Celek, 2010 1st round pick

What slot does this owner have in the 1st round?

I'm not very high on Britt so I think his value is closer to Celek's than Bowe's, but not close enough to do a 1-for-1 deal IMO.
i dont see this getting accepted at all. But try britt fior him str8 up. See where that goes

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Tue May 25, 2010 11:04 am

pvballer3915 wrote:i dont see this getting accepted at all. But try britt fior him str8 up. See where that goes
Agreed. The 1st on top is asking way too much, I think.
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue May 25, 2010 11:12 am

willypohill wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote:i dont see this getting accepted at all. But try britt fior him str8 up. See where that goes
Agreed. The 1st on top is asking way too much, I think.
Yeah I thought it might have been asking too much also, but not way too much. I don't see Britt for Celek straight up being enough, I think a rookie/FA pick needs to come to him from the other side if those are the only two players involved.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue May 25, 2010 11:20 am

In this case you really need a TE, and opinions are really high on Celek right now (top 5 TE to many) so I think it may cost something like Bowe for Celek, and I'm not sure Britt will be enough. Another idea is to consider trading for Gates, as you never know, you might get a better deal on him, the other owner might like Celek's youth better than Gates.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue May 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Shawn wrote:In this case you really need a TE, and opinions are really high on Celek right now (top 5 TE to many) so I think it may cost something like Bowe for Celek, and I'm not sure Britt will be enough. Another idea is to consider trading for Gates, as you never know, you might get a better deal on him, the other owner might like Celek's youth better than Gates.
I thought about this as well, you might be able to get Gates cheaper from his since he has Celek. Gates should continue to produce at an elite level for several more years.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue May 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Yea... the mandatory drops are tough. It's a dynasty $ league and that helps to assist in creating a more even playing field for the teams each year. The thought was to attempt to put proven players back into the draft to stregthen the weak and attempt to lessen the chances of repeat winners. If the bad teams don't have hope, then they aren't putting in their money for me to win :)

Anyway... seems as though Britt is a decent starting offer. I'm not sure that will get it done, but I wouldn't be against throwing in my 3rd to make it a done deal. Maybe he likes Celek more and makes me a counter for Gates.. either way my team is better.

Thanks for the responses.