Braylon trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Braylon trade?

Postby GridIronFavre » Tue May 25, 2010 5:58 am

I was trying to trade Bernard Scott to a guy in my league for a late draft pick since he had Benson, he came back with the following this morning:

I would be giving: Robert Meachem, Bernard Scott, Torry Holt

I would get: Braylon Edwards, 3.02 (18th overall)

So, essentially Meachem for Braylon is the question I suppose. What do you think? I am leaning towards taking it but would definitely like some input.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue May 25, 2010 6:05 am

I would turn that down.

Meachum > B. Edwards

Better situation, more upside, tends to actually catch the ball when it is thrown to him.

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Tue May 25, 2010 6:10 am

No way would I take that!
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

coinflip
Role Player
Role Player

Postby coinflip » Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 am

I havent seen Meachem do much....and there was alot of hype on him 2 yrs ago. I dont think its as terrible of an offer but maybe you could boost the draft pick your receiving.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue May 25, 2010 9:29 am

Coin Flip wrote:I havent seen Meachem do much....and there was alot of hype on him 2 yrs ago. I dont think its as terrible of an offer but maybe you could boost the draft pick your receiving.
without looking, I would say that Meachum outperformed Edwards last year fantasy wise. He also reeled off 5 consecutive games with a touchdown. It takes some time for receivers for develop and Meachum is probably just coming into his own. B. Edwards was a pro bowler one year, but so was Derek Anderson...

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 25, 2010 10:45 am

I would rather have Braylon than Meachem but Scott is worth more than the 3.02 so I would pass.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue May 25, 2010 10:49 am

Steelersfan wrote:I would rather have Braylon than Meachem but Scott is worth more than the 3.02 so I would pass.
Your memory is short my friend. I'm going to remind you of this next year :D . Braylon will most definitely defecate on your pop tart.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 25, 2010 10:52 am

Orca wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:I would rather have Braylon than Meachem but Scott is worth more than the 3.02 so I would pass.
Your memory is short my friend. I'm going to remind you of this next year :D . Braylon will most definitely defecate on your pop tart.
I think Kris has me all fired up about Braylon... :lol:

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue May 25, 2010 10:54 am

Steelersfan wrote:
Orca wrote:
I think Kris has me all fired up about Braylon... :lol:
You are both in for some ruined breakfast treats.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 am

Scott will be the main man there in a few years

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Tue May 25, 2010 11:16 am

I don't see Scott making my final roster.
pvballer3915 wrote:Scott will be the main man there in a few years
What would lead you to say this? I haven't seen anything to indicate he can carry the load. All I've heard is Cincy is looking for another RB to solidify their backfield since they don't see Scott as the man if Benson goes down.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue May 25, 2010 11:29 am

Here are the stats from last year

Meachem - 43 Rec 710 YDS 9 TDs
Edwards - 43 Rec 665 YDS 4 TDs

Pretty close stats, however, I like Meachem better here going forward, and he plays in a much better pass friendly offense. The 9 TDs for Meachem last year are really impressive considering he didn't really breakthrough until the 2nd half of last season, otherwise his numbers could've even been better.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Tue May 25, 2010 2:20 pm

So no one is worried about Meachem's playoff numbers: 4 catches for 25 yards in 3 games? And the fact that Lance Moore and Devery Henderson are both still there?

Just trying to get a feel because I am very much on the fence on this one. I had looked at moving Meachem in a deal earlier this offseason, selling how much potential he had - I just don't know if I really believe that...

Either way, Meachem or Edwards would only be a bye week fill-in for me right now, but I still think it could be an important move or non-move.

Edit: I am leaning towards countering and asking for his 2nd round pick next year instead of the 3.2, as this team has consistently been on the bottom of the league, which means that pick would be at worst 12th overall next year. Thoughts?

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue May 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing! Whay are you giving Scott away for nothing?? I think he has a lot more value than the 3.02 pick. He's a young and very talented RB..

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 25, 2010 5:41 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:So no one is worried about Meachem's playoff numbers: 4 catches for 25 yards in 3 games? And the fact that Lance Moore and Devery Henderson are both still there?

Just trying to get a feel because I am very much on the fence on this one. I had looked at moving Meachem in a deal earlier this offseason, selling how much potential he had - I just don't know if I really believe that...

Either way, Meachem or Edwards would only be a bye week fill-in for me right now, but I still think it could be an important move or non-move.

Edit: I am leaning towards countering and asking for his 2nd round pick next year instead of the 3.2, as this team has consistently been on the bottom of the league, which means that pick would be at worst 12th overall next year. Thoughts?
I am. Meachem has talent, but no more than Braylon. The difference is the Saints have way more playmakers to take touches away from Meachem.