Braylon trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue May 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
GridIronFavre wrote:So no one is worried about Meachem's playoff numbers: 4 catches for 25 yards in 3 games? And the fact that Lance Moore and Devery Henderson are both still there?

Just trying to get a feel because I am very much on the fence on this one. I had looked at moving Meachem in a deal earlier this offseason, selling how much potential he had - I just don't know if I really believe that...

Either way, Meachem or Edwards would only be a bye week fill-in for me right now, but I still think it could be an important move or non-move.

Edit: I am leaning towards countering and asking for his 2nd round pick next year instead of the 3.2, as this team has consistently been on the bottom of the league, which means that pick would be at worst 12th overall next year. Thoughts?
I am. Meachem has talent, but no more than Braylon. The difference is the Saints have way more playmakers to take touches away from Meachem.
I would rather have my player fighting for his share of the 40 plus passes a game from Brees rather than the guy who is fighting for his share of the 12 passes from Sanchez.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Orca wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
GridIronFavre wrote:So no one is worried about Meachem's playoff numbers: 4 catches for 25 yards in 3 games? And the fact that Lance Moore and Devery Henderson are both still there?

Just trying to get a feel because I am very much on the fence on this one. I had looked at moving Meachem in a deal earlier this offseason, selling how much potential he had - I just don't know if I really believe that...

Either way, Meachem or Edwards would only be a bye week fill-in for me right now, but I still think it could be an important move or non-move.

Edit: I am leaning towards countering and asking for his 2nd round pick next year instead of the 3.2, as this team has consistently been on the bottom of the league, which means that pick would be at worst 12th overall next year. Thoughts?
I am. Meachem has talent, but no more than Braylon. The difference is the Saints have way more playmakers to take touches away from Meachem.
I would rather have my player fighting for his share of the 40 plus passes a game from Brees rather than the guy who is fighting for his share of the 12 passes from Sanchez.
Come on now Gino the Jets will throw the ball more this year, Braylon just has to catch it! :lol:

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue May 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Orca wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: I am. Meachem has talent, but no more than Braylon. The difference is the Saints have way more playmakers to take touches away from Meachem.
Come on now Gino the Jets will throw the ball more this year, Braylon just has to catch it! :lol:
Considering the people they added on defense, and the success their defense had last year, they'll give up roughly 9 points for the 2010 season. They also led the league in rushing. If Rex doesn't need to air it out, I don't see why he would. Even if they pass more than last year, I think it is safe to say that Brees attempts 40% more passes.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Orca wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
Orca wrote: I would rather have my player fighting for his share of the 40 plus passes a game from Brees rather than the guy who is fighting for his share of the 12 passes from Sanchez.
Considering the people they added on defense, and the success their defense had last year, they'll give up roughly 9 points for the 2010 season. They also led the league in rushing. If Rex doesn't need to air it out, I don't see why he would. Even if they pass more than last year, I think it is safe to say that Brees attempts 40% more passes.
Like I said before, the Jets will need to throw the ball more if they want to reach the Super Bowl. Sanchez should be better in his 2nd season and the addition of Holmes should open up Braylon for more targets...

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Tue May 25, 2010 10:26 pm

pvballer3915 wrote:Scott will be the main man there in a few years
In a few years, Scott will be 30 years old. He's 14 months younger than Benson.

On-topic, I'd probably pass on that trade as it stands. Maybe if you follow your idea and go for the 2011 pick it'd be good. Fact is, in that crazy small league with the funny starting lineups and your roster, you don't need either Meachem or Edwards; at this point, Meachem is the higher-upside guy so I'd keep him.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Wed May 26, 2010 7:14 am

The Jets passing situation is a lot like the steelers when they drafted big ben. His first year the team was great and he barely threw the ball. Every year after that he threw more and more as his skills and experience built up. Now they basically have a balanced offense. I expect the Jets to throw more than last year, but not by too much. Two or three yaers from now they will be throwing plenty.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Wed May 26, 2010 8:29 am

Meachem has the better offense around him, and is coming into his third season. I see a much higher ceiling for Meachem then Braylon. Edwards has seen his best season, where Robert's yet to have his. Easy decision IMO