Traded for Maclin

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 am

I would never argue that Maclin > Knox, but the future picks are what I would have a problem with putting in the deal. Both are in similar situations as their teams have a lot of other choices in the passing game, the difference is that Philly has more quality choices and an offense that will spread the ball around which will limit Maclins production IMO.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun May 23, 2010 9:26 am

This is a talent vs. situation argument...except that the situations are the "same". On talent, its not remotely close and throwing Knox and the 2nd rd pick into the deal to secure a potential top 10 WR is money in the bank. Unless that pick turns out to be 1.1 or 1.2, this is a landslide in your favor.

If I am the owner of Maclin, you wouldn't have gotten him from me with that offer.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:28 am

I think you got a fine deal. It was fair value and Maclin is WAY better than Knox.

In fact, I think Maclin will outshine Desean Jackson in the future......although not many here agree with me on this one.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun May 23, 2010 11:06 am

thevidon2 wrote:I think you got a fine deal. It was fair value and Maclin is WAY better than Knox.

In fact, I think Maclin will outshine Desean Jackson in the future......although not many here agree with me on this one.

Are you kidding? You can't mention the name Desean Jackson on one of these threads withough the anti-Desean people coming out and saying "Get rid of Desean NOW, SELL HIM HIGH, GET WHAT YOU CAN, HE'S PEAKED!" :lol: :lol: I have a more positive outlook for Desean, but I do like Maclin better for the long term anyway. :wink:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun May 23, 2010 11:27 am

Shawn wrote:
thevidon2 wrote:I think you got a fine deal. It was fair value and Maclin is WAY better than Knox.

Are you kidding? You can't mention the name Desean Jackson on one of these threads withough the anti-Desean people coming out and saying "Get rid of Desean NOW, SELL HIM HIGH, GET WHAT YOU CAN, HE'S PEAKED!" :lol: :lol: I have a more positive outlook for Desean, but I do like Maclin better for the long term anyway. :wink:
No argument from me. I am in the Desean has peaked crowd. Even if he posts good numbers, Maclin will be better short and long term in that offense and I have him as a potential top 10 WR. Knox I have in the 30's...and even to do that he needs to win a starting job.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun May 23, 2010 11:54 am

Shawn wrote:
Raises hand :evil:. If you like or dont mind inconsistency...then of course you have a positive outlook on Desean Jackson :lol: ...but the bottom line truth is....he is being overvalued as a premiere WR. There is no such thing as a consistent deep threat. The elite WR's are big, AND fast, AND get a lot of catches...Desean only fulfills one of those 3, yet he sits top ten in some rankings...which is pretty crazy if you think about his stats.

I agree with this
thevidon2 wrote: Maclin will outshine Desean Jackson in the future
Desean Jackson (with 8 catches going for 470 yards included) 63 catches for 1160 yards
Desean Jackson (without 8 catches going for 470 yards included) 55 catches for 690 yards
Jeremy Maclin 55 catches for 760 yards
Sidney Rice 83 catches 1300 yards - and he is ranked and being drafted AFTER Desean Jackson!?!?! :shock: c'mon...thats a joke.
Kolbs arm strength isnt like McNabbs so the Eagles offense is changing. Less explosiveness+More short passes+More Jeremy Maclin=less Desean Jackson.

This means Maclin ^^^up
Desean vvv down

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun May 23, 2010 3:51 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Raises hand :evil:. If you like or dont mind inconsistency...then of course you have a positive outlook on Desean Jackson :lol: ...but the bottom line truth is....he is being overvalued as a premiere WR. There is no such thing as a consistent deep threat. The elite WR's are big, AND fast, AND get a lot of catches...Desean only fulfills one of those 3, yet he sits top ten in some rankings...which is pretty crazy if you think about his stats.

I agree with this
Desean Jackson (with 8 catches going for 470 yards included) 63 catches for 1160 yards
Desean Jackson (without 8 catches going for 470 yards included) 55 catches for 690 yards
Sidney Rice 83 catches 1300 yards - and he is ranked and being drafted AFTER Desean Jackson!?!?! :shock: c'mon...thats a joke.
Kolbs arm strength isnt like McNabbs so the Eagles offense is changing. Less explosiveness+More short passes+More Jeremy Maclin=less Desean Jackson.

This means Maclin ^^^up
Desean vvv down

Steve Smith, CAR...
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Sun May 23, 2010 4:49 pm

BradyT wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
Shawn wrote:

I agree with this

This means Maclin ^^^up
Desean vvv down

Steve Smith, CAR...
I love it how somebody always has to throw out this ONE guy. That is not proof, that is just one of the very few exceptions.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun May 23, 2010 5:32 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
Shawn wrote:

I agree with this

This means Maclin ^^^up
Desean vvv down

This just proves my point :lol: Mention Desean and its going to get a reaction like this! Of course I'm going to have a more positve outlook on Desean than you do, I can't really get lower than you here :lol: We both agree that we'd rather have Maclin here.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun May 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Shawn wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
Shawn wrote:

I agree with this

This means Maclin ^^^up
Desean vvv down

This just proves my point :lol: Mention Desean and its going to get a reaction like this! Of course I'm going to have a more positve outlook on Desean than you do, I can't really get lower than you here :lol: We both agree that we'd rather have Maclin here.

Ok ill call off the dogs then :lol: