DJax Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

DJax Trade

Postby dabearsfan » Thu May 20, 2010 6:23 am

I am contemplating offering Steve Smith (NYG) and my #1 next year for DeSean. Thoughts?

the_mc
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby the_mc » Thu May 20, 2010 6:31 am

If they accepted I think you get the better end of the deal. But I I owned him I would not accept....
Standard Scoring with 6pt TD (Salary Cap and Contract League) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex(WR/TE/RB) 1K, 1DEF
QB: Foles, Romo, Cutler
RB: Foster, J.Charles, Gerhart, Gio, Martin, Rainey, Cyrus Gray (Taxi), Latavious (Taxi), Christine Micahel (Taxi)
WR: Dez, T.Y., Cobb, A.Roberts (ARZ), Boykin, Marvin Jones, Wright(TEN), Stills, Morgan (NO),Toon (taxi), Mallette (Taxi), Quick (taxi), Wheaton (Taxi)
TE: J.Thomas, Rudolph
K: Baily
DEF: Baltimore
2009, 2011, 2013 League Champ

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: DJax Trade

Postby BeRanDone » Thu May 20, 2010 6:32 am

dabearsfan wrote:I am contemplating offering Steve Smith (NYG) and my #1 next year for DeSean. Thoughts?
From the looks of your team, DeSean slides in as your WR3, but is an upgrade over your current WR3 Smith. I'm not sure if this gets accepted, but I think it's a fair starting offer for DeSean.

dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dabearsfan » Thu May 20, 2010 6:37 am

BeRanDone wrote:
dabearsfan wrote:I am contemplating offering Steve Smith (NYG) and my #1 next year for DeSean. Thoughts?
From the looks of your team, DeSean slides in as your WR3, but is an upgrade over your current WR3 Smith. I'm not sure if this gets accepted, but I think it's a fair starting offer for DeSean.
Yes and next year we are adding another starting WR so he would be starting for me. Plus I am thinking Steve Smith's value might be at it's peak right now... but then again so might DJax's.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu May 20, 2010 8:30 am

I think both of them have peaked. I would keep Smith and the future first as Smith is a very valuable PPR WR...

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:04 am

Yea id rather have smith and the 1st. Smith was great last year and is eli's favorite target by far

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu May 20, 2010 11:10 am

I would not accept that offer for DeSean, so imo it would be a good deal for you.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu May 20, 2010 11:28 am

I wouldnt even trade a 1st round rookie for Desean Jackson unless I knew I could get more from someone else....but his value is about to plummet....dont do it, you can get better, and more.

EDIT: Originally I thought it was SSmith CAR.....but now that I realize that its SSmith NYG - I cant believe you are even thinking about this :lol: ...Why? Im trying to figure out how you benefit from this.....Desean Jackson isnt going to catch MORE passes....andeven if he catches 65....65 certainly isnt 100! :shock: If anything you should be getting the pick and even THEN I dont think I would take it....like I said before Desean's value isnt going anywhere...at least Smith will get catches.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 am

If anything, I would try to move one of your WRs plus Cutler (or Ryan) for a better QB.

Maybe Cutler+Aromas, or even Cutler+Smith.

You're solid everywhere else! DeSean would be nice of course, but if Dez does what we think he will, then Fitz, Roddy, Dez is a nice starting lineup!

I wouldn't surprised to see Maclin develop & be the consistent WR from the Eagles, and DeSean becomes a little more hit or miss. Sure he'll be explosive, but I'd rather have a guy who gets me 20 points each week than 1 who gets me 30 points 1 week but 10 points the next week.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Thu May 20, 2010 11:52 am

princevincexoxo wrote:

I wouldnt even trade a 1st round rookie for Desean Jackson unless I knew I could get more from someone else....but his value is about to plummet....dont do it, you can get better, and more.

EDIT: Originally I thought it was SSmith CAR.....but now that I realize that its SSmith NYG - I cant believe you are even thinking about this :lol: ...Why? Im trying to figure out how you benefit from this.....Desean Jackson isnt going to catch MORE passes....andeven if he catches 65....65 certainly isnt 100! :shock: If anything you should be getting the pick and even THEN I dont think I would take it....like I said before Desean's value isnt going anywhere...at least Smith will get catches.
Why are you so down on Desean Jackson? I thought you were a little down on him, but not THAT down on him.

dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dabearsfan » Thu May 20, 2010 1:00 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:

But my league isn't PPR so it doesn't matter how many passes Smith catches. In my league last year DJax outscored Smith 194 to 159 and DJax even missed a week. I think Smith's value is as high as it is going to get although the same may be true of DJax.

EDIT: I proposed the trade but it got rejected. I am kind of glad. I think I might set my sights on Brandon Marshall instead. :-)

dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dabearsfan » Thu May 20, 2010 1:02 pm

It's interesting the differences of opinion on DJax. Some say it would have been a good deal for me and others think it would have been horrible.

dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dabearsfan » Thu May 20, 2010 1:04 pm

jordanzs wrote:If anything, I would try to move one of your WRs plus Cutler (or Ryan) for a better QB.

Maybe Cutler+Aromas, or even Cutler+Smith.

You're solid everywhere else! DeSean would be nice of course, but if Dez does what we think he will, then Fitz, Roddy, Dez is a nice starting lineup!

I wouldn't surprised to see Maclin develop & be the consistent WR from the Eagles, and DeSean becomes a little more hit or miss. Sure he'll be explosive, but I'd rather have a guy who gets me 20 points each week than 1 who gets me 30 points 1 week but 10 points the next week.
I've thought about that and tried a few things earlier this year but couldn't figure out a trade that made sense for both sides. Having said that I do like Cutler's chances of bouncing back into the top 5-7 QBs... Plus I'm a Bears fan!

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Thu May 20, 2010 1:17 pm

dabearsfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:

But my league isn't PPR so it doesn't matter how many passes Smith catches. In my league last year DJax outscored Smith 194 to 159 and DJax even missed a week. I think Smith's value is as high as it is going to get although the same may be true of DJax.

EDIT: I proposed the trade but it got rejected. I am kind of glad. I think I might set my sights on Brandon Marshall instead. :-)
I like Marshall ALOT more than Desean so I like your goal. The owner might be afraid of Marshall with the latest news about his other hip being worked on. I have him on both of my teams and I'm not worried, but the Marshall owner in your league might have lowered his value. Try to snag him before he proves once again that it doesnt matter by putting up great numbers in 2010...

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 pm

dabearsfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:

:wink: