Karlos Williams Released

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Karlos Williams Released

Postby RightlegTucker » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:59 am

The Bills have cut embattled RB Karlos Wiliams. Williams was suspended for the first 4 games of the reg. season anyway, but this further opens the door for Bills backups J Williams and Gillislee. What do you think of K Williams and the remaining Bills RBs values now? I think this is a good buy low opportunity for K Williams and I'm happy I got good draft value for Jonathan Williams when I could.

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Karlos Williams Released

Postby bigbuck22 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Saw a tweet from Matthew Berry that said he's got word that R Bush is the handcuff to McCoy now. Not sure I'm sold on that but give it consideration and some attention before making a move.

Guess we won't have to wait long until we see who comes into the game as the backup. Bills/ Giants 4:00 eastern
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:26 pm

bigbuck22 wrote:Saw a tweet from Matthew Berry that said he's got word that R Bush is the handcuff to McCoy now. Not sure I'm sold on that but give it consideration and some attention before making a move.

Guess we won't have to wait long until we see who comes into the game as the backup. Bills/ Giants 4:00 eastern
Obviously in redraft, I think that's what most people assumed when they signed him. McCoy was going to get the bulk of the carries regardless though and Bush should get a good deal of 3rd down work. I wouldn't be surprised by season's end however if either Williams or Gillislee outpaces him in carries. In terms of dynasty, I think both Williams and Gillislee see a modest uptick in value. Bush remains largely the same.

songintheair77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby songintheair77 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:14 pm

Gillislee is the handcuff here, but I am not sure if he has enough upside to be worth rostering for anyone besides the McCoy owner. If Shady goes down, I assume J Williams, Gillislee, and Bush form some messy committee.
Format - 12-team, keep forever, 0.5 PPR (1.0 PPR for TE), starts QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX/K
QB: Russ, Darnold, Jones
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Henry, Carson, Tarik (IR), Darrynton Evans, Gio Bernard, Rashaad Penny, Deejay Dallas
WR: Keenan, Odell, Robert Woods, Robby Anderson, TY Hilton, John Brown, Ruggs, Tyler Johnson, Tyron Johnson
TE: Henry, Howard, Cook, Everett, Trautman

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:19 pm

Latest blurb I saw says that Karlos began gaining back the weight he had lost. Probably not a good sign for his commitment.

What would you give for him at this point?

2023 Champ
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:23 pm

RightlegTucker wrote:
bigbuck22 wrote:Saw a tweet from Matthew Berry that said he's got word that R Bush is the handcuff to McCoy now. Not sure I'm sold on that but give it consideration and some attention before making a move.

Obviously in redraft, I think that's what most people assumed when they signed him. McCoy was going to get the bulk of the carries regardless though and Bush should get a good deal of 3rd down work. I wouldn't be surprised by season's end however if either Williams or Gillislee outpaces him in carries. In terms of dynasty, I think both Williams and Gillislee see a modest uptick in value. Bush remains largely the same.
You're right about that. Bush matters more in redraft, although I'm not sure his contribution this year is that much. I think Williams is the better investment than Gillislee. Even if Bush is the handcuff this season, Williams probably passes anyone by next season, if not this year.

2023 Champ
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:48 pm

bigbuck22 wrote:Latest blurb I saw says that Karlos began gaining back the weight he had lost. Probably not a good sign for his commitment.

What would you give for him at this point?
I'd send a third for him, might be enough to make the guy hope to trade it for the better Williams with another 3rd

Day Man
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Day Man » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:33 pm

I own Williams, was offered a 2017 3rd round pick.

What is his worth? Im thinking about waiting on if he gets picked up and his situation there.
.5 PPR - 12 team keeper league- 2 FLEX

QB- Phillip Rivers, Carson Wentz
RB- David Johnson, Zeke, Marshawn Lynch, Isaiah Crowell
WR- Sammy Watkins, OBJ, Alshon Jeffery, Devin Funchess, Malcolm Mitchell, Treadwell
TE- Travis Kelce, Coby Fleener, Jack Doyle
DEF- Carolina
K- Justin Tucker

2018-3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2019- 2,3,4,5,6

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Should've dealt him away for the first round picks people were giving up a couple months ago.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:04 pm

vanrude2 wrote:I own Williams, was offered a 2017 3rd round pick.

What is his worth? Im thinking about waiting on if he gets picked up and his situation there.
Right now that's about all I'd give, if he ends up somewhere hurting for rb like wash I think he just goes back to a 2nd, somewhere ok like CHI it'll stay at a third, if he doesn't sign or gets buried in like DEN or ATL his value goes into the tank and is worth next to none for this entire year

cane
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby cane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:57 pm

i wouldnt give up a 3rd even for k williams.. he gets susepended 4 games then gains over 30 pounds.. not someone im wasting my time on period. i would cut him in shallow leagues all together

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:40 am

vanrude2 wrote:I own Williams, was offered a 2017 3rd round pick.

I don't see people paying much more than that. Bad time to sell good time to buy.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:21 pm

skip wrote:Should've dealt him away for the first round picks people were giving up a couple months ago.
Bingo. Started doing this with RBs I got later or on WW.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby mrmagloo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Too bad for me, I have him in two leagues. Just stash him, hope he hooks up with a team(Miami), has a great game or two and sell. When I drafted him last year, I knew he could knucklehead his way out of league, just didn't see it happening this fast, especially after Rex said a week or two ago they were not going to give up on him(while signing Bush).
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:44 pm

songintheair77 wrote:Gillislee is the handcuff here, but I am not sure if he has enough upside to be worth rostering for anyone besides the McCoy owner. If Shady goes down, I assume J Williams, Gillislee, and Bush form some messy committee.
I agree with this. And they will draft someone else pretty good in the next couple years