Lockett or Shepard?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Lockett or Shepard?

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:17 am

Not big on Lockett the who I believe will be an inconsistent career WR3 with a low end WR 2 ceiling in his best seasons. I'll take Shepard.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

homer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby homer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:30 am

Really??? This was said about Sheppard Coming out of college he understands the position better than a lot of pros.

Lockett would be the better choice for me. Sheppard will never be #1 in New York because of who is there. I am not sure he has the tools to be a #1, But first we have to see the man play before I make a true judgement.

I have seen Lockett play and he is electric. With Lynch gone I am thinking there is going to be more passing, Which means more chances for Lockett.

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 am

homer wrote:Really??? This was said about Sheppard Coming out of college he understands the position better than a lot of pros.

Lockett would be the better choice for me. Sheppard will never be #1 in New York because of who is there. I am not sure he has the tools to be a #1, But first we have to see the man play before I make a true judgement.

I have seen Lockett play and he is electric. With Lynch gone I am thinking there is going to be more passing, Which means more chances for Lockett.
We can put a wager on it. Whoever scores more points this year. PPR, no return yards but return TDs count. Winner picks the losers avatar and you have to keep it for the entire post-season to the draft.

Give me longer arms, bigger better hands, acceleration, vertical and better route running.
10 Team 2 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Superflex, k, Defense:
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
QB: C. Newton, B. Osweiler
RB: D. Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot
WR: Mike Evans, A. Cooper, Devante Parker
Flex: J. Langford, P. Dorsett
TE: Ebron
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590

dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Postby dynastysports » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:53 am

Lockett has grown on me a lot and I can't say that I don't like him. However it really isn't remotely close. I admit I am a Shep "truther" and have been all over this forum posting about him. But for the people who say he isn't capable of being a #1 I say who cares? If you look at his combine numbers and measurables against OBJ they are identical and in some cases Shep is better, better bench better vertical leap for example. He comes to the pros possessing the full route tree and the most sure hands in the draft class (4 drops through his entire college career I believe). Add that to the fact that he is coming to an offense devoid of a clear 2nd threat to OBJ not just in the WR core, but at TE and even in the backfield as well as coming to an offense that lost 100 targets in Randle. There is literally no doubt in my mind that Shep is worth more then a mid first this time next year simply because he has a chance to outproduce ever other rookie not named Zeke.

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:22 pm

dynastysports wrote:Lockett has grown on me a lot and I can't say that I don't like him. However it really isn't remotely close. I admit I am a Shep "truther" and have been all over this forum posting about him. But for the people who say he isn't capable of being a #1 I say who cares? If you look at his combine numbers and measurables against OBJ they are identical and in some cases Shep is better, better bench better vertical leap for example. He comes to the pros possessing the full route tree and the most sure hands in the draft class (4 drops through his entire college career I believe). Add that to the fact that he is coming to an offense devoid of a clear 2nd threat to OBJ not just in the WR core, but at TE and even in the backfield as well as coming to an offense that lost 100 targets in Randle. There is literally no doubt in my mind that Shep is worth more then a mid first this time next year simply because he has a chance to outproduce ever other rookie not named Zeke.
I mostly agree with this except Sheppard is more of a suped up Jarvis Landry than a Beckham Clone. Dude has sick hops but so does beckham. I like how playerprofiler puts these stats into a combined catch radius score, rather than just a vert. OBJ absolutely destroys Sheppard and 97% of the league in agility. Sheppard has better acceleration but OBJ shows a second gear that Sheppard lacks. His catch radius is significantly better than Sheppards as well. I'm a Sheppard truther, just saving this thread from the OBJ v Sheppard flame war. Player Profiler nailed the comp on this one as he has a lot of Santonio Holmes in his game.

http://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/odell-beckham/

http://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/sterling-shepard/
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:39 pm

Tough call, I like them both and am a huge Boomer Sooner homer. The thing I like about all this as I remember a couple months into the College Football Season last year, so many people on here saying Shepard MIGHT sneak into late first rounds of some rookie drafts. But more than likely he will be a solid second round pick.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

homer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby homer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:54 pm

James Rustler wrote:
homer wrote:Really??? This was said about Sheppard Coming out of college he understands the position better than a lot of pros.

We can put a wager on it. Whoever scores more points this year. PPR, no return yards but return TDs count. Winner picks the losers avatar and you have to keep it for the entire post-season to the draft.

Give me longer arms, bigger better hands, acceleration, vertical and better route running.
I will play, but it cannot be vulgar. Alright??

Draft Master
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Draft Master » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:38 pm

I like both, to me its pretty even.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:02 pm

Shepard but it's close, real close.

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:09 pm

homer wrote:
James Rustler wrote:

I will play, but it cannot be vulgar. Alright??
Agreed, nothing degrading or vulgar. This is a public forum. We can put an injury waiver in there so if someone missed more than 4 weeks the bet is off. I'm not a fan of winning or losing the to injury bug on these types of bets. It's just a friendly wager.
Brown Town Band

jackhammer23
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jackhammer23 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:03 am

Shepard for me.

Martpe
Captain
Captain

Postby Martpe » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:49 am

Betterthanyou wrote:Shephard easily for be and I like Lockett
Same for me
Team 1, 0.5 PPR SuperFlex: QB, FlexQB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex
QB: Watson, Herbert (Mariota)
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Dobbins (Akers, K Herbert)
WR: DJ Moore, Woods, Golladay (T Patrick, Shenault, Rondale M, Cephus)
TE: Goedert (Njoku, Bryant, Trautman)
Pick 1.01

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:59 am

shepard

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:26 am

The amount of people calling Lockett a one trick pony is comical. He's just as good a route runner, if not better. Shepard has better size while Lockett was more productive in college. Situation might give Shepard the advantage to produce big numbers, though it's very possible Lockett could become Seattle's #1 receiver. Situations change. So look at the talent.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:31 am

Squiddy wrote:#2 with Eli is a lot better than being a Seattle WR. I do like Lockett but it's a very easy Shepard for me.
I'm surprised how many are overlooking Lockett's proven success. His ceiling may be a little limited, but give me Lockett over an unproven 2nd round WR. I like Shepard too, but Lockett's shown too much to give him up for that imo. I also think the Seattle O is changing. Wilson showed a lot in the 2nd half of the season and with no Lynch to rely on, they should be a much more balanced offense.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP