Handcuffing CJA

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Handcuffing CJA

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Team 1 in sig. I have been a staunch CJA supporter on this forum and still feel great about him entering this season. However I would feel even better if I had Booker.

I sent out an offer of my 2017 2nd and 3rd for him. I have a feeling he is going to counter asking for one of my 2017 1sts. Would that be too much or worth it to lock up the Denver running game on a competing team?

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Handcuffing CJA

Postby DrNoish » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:13 pm

I think a 1st is too much. With not knowing anything about how Denver will actually mesh yet I wouldn't pay that high of a price. I do understand wanting Booker for insurance with CJA though as I'm in the same boat.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:16 pm

I wouldn't pay a 1st for Booker, I think a 2nd and 3rd would be more than a fair offer. I'd think outside the box a little and see who the other backup RB will be in Denver besides Booker and target that guy because he's probably dirt cheap (or free?) and Booker has his own issues so who knows if he'll be the #2
Last edited by Coogan Football on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:17 pm

As a competing CJA owner I would not give up 2017 1st for Booker. Think you can get a better RB in next year's class or by dealing the pick. I expect a good year from CJA and don't think Booker will contribute significantly to your team next year. I think he's worth your original offer but wouldn't give a 1st.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 pm

I would not trade a 2017 1st for Booker.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:10 pm

I had the same question, and got this as a response... Maybe it can help shed some light on the situation:

"Booker is the more talented and more diverse back. He should EASILY be the #2 this year for Denver. The question is, can I see Booker overtaking CJA in 2016 WITHOUT an injury? Most likely not. Unless CJA is really really suckin and causing them to lose games, but this could take 8-10 games and is still a lot of "what if's," which I do not like to bank on. Now, I do think that Kubiak is one of the best and smartest coaches in the game, especially in running the ball. So I have to imagine that he knows Booker is better and especially for that scheme. But considering they did pay CJA some cash money, he will at least have the first shot and it would take major messing up to change. Booker is unfortunately older than most RBs coming into the league. This means that if CJA plays above average, Booker will be 28-29 before he gets a shot, which is unfortunate. Do I think that should stop you from buying Booker, no, BUT...His value has dimished because his risk has gone up. I was in favor of spending a late first on him, but now, he is a mid 2nd IMO. If you understand all the risk and can get him at mid 2nd, all for it. I just cannot tell people to try his value as if he were drafted into a good situation, which is what the assumption was. If you are sold on Booker and willing to take the risk and get him early, by all means, it is not the worst thing in the world...Sometimes we have to do that sort of thing."

I've been debating looking into Booker as well... I wouldn't pay the price of a 2017 first. Good thought on the 2nd + a 3rd... maybe I'll explore that option
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone. He rejected with no counter or explanation

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 pm

That 2nd and 3rd will be more valuable than Booker next year anyways.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:28 pm

pokerface40 wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone. He rejected with no counter or explanation
I bet he'll regret that once the season starts, he probably is higher on Booker right now because he just drafted him and hes still in the honeymoon stage with the rookies lol
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:39 pm

pokerface40 wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone. He rejected with no counter or explanation
Even if it was something you were debating, hate when they leave it with the unknown...
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:42 pm

I wouldn't pay a 1st. I wouldn't worry about it CJA should be fine this year.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:28 pm

JoshuaGordon_9 wrote:
Even if it was something you were debating, hate when they leave it with the unknown...
I'm fairly certain he would take a 2017 1st. When he was on the clock at 1.10 he put it on the block in exchange for any 2017 1st. He took Booker there. I am gonna hold.