Goff Vs. Wentz Vs Lynch

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dizzle
Starter
Starter

Goff Vs. Wentz Vs Lynch

Postby Dizzle » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:55 am

Fantasy-wise, will either of these three hold any relevance this year? Or long-term relevance? Who landed in the best spot? In a 2 QB league are they drafted in the first round? Or with Lynch landing in Denver does he get the edge?

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Goff Vs. Wentz Vs Lynch

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:13 am

For 2QB leagues, I think Lynch to Denver throws a bit of a wrench in the line of thinking prior to the draft. He could very well be taken in the top 8 now and perhaps ahead of one of the others. It will be very interesting.
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:07 am

You want Goff and Wentz. You're going to need to hold Lynch for a couple years to get his value.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:42 am

Dizzle wrote:Fantasy-wise, will either of these three hold any relevance this year? Or long-term relevance? Who landed in the best spot? In a 2 QB league are they drafted in the first round? Or with Lynch landing in Denver does he get the edge?
Goff's in the best situation and will in all likelihood be the only one of the three to start on opening week. Wentz and Lynch are both in good long term situations. I think both could see action at the midpoint or later this season depending on how each's respective team is performing. Right now I got 1.Goff 2.Wentz 3.Lynch.

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:46 am

RightlegTucker wrote:
Dizzle wrote:Fantasy-wise, will either of these three hold any relevance this year? Or long-term relevance? Who landed in the best spot? In a 2 QB league are they drafted in the first round? Or with Lynch landing in Denver does he get the edge?
Goff's in the best situation and will in all likelihood be the only one of the three to start on opening week. Wentz and Lynch are both in good long term situations. I think both could see action at the midpoint or later this season depending on how each's respective team is performing. Right now I got 1.Goff 2.Wentz 3.Lynch.

Long term I'd probably go 1. Wentz 2. Lynch 3. Goff.

I agree that Goff will likely give you the best early return but if you can afford to wait a little bit on the other two, I believe they'll ultimately be the better options...
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:56 am

I think Goff's the much safer prospect, the best accuracy and has shown the ability to anticipate throws and windows. Wentz really struggles with anticipation, both him and Lynch are boom/bust type guys.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:08 am

I will say as a disclaimer that I'm not actually in any 2QB leagues but to me Goff and Wentz are up there with Elliott as the 1.01-1.03 picks and Lynch is top 6-7. To me, Goff is a higher floor guy and I'd prefer him over Wentz. Wentz seems to offer a higher upside and that is intriguing but if I need a guy I can start for years to come as my #2 QB then I'm more inclined to go with the more likely QB to pan out and in my mind that is Goff. In a 1QB league I'm all about the high upside of Wentz but with these starting requirements I'd rather hit a double or triple with Goff than strike out swinging for the fences when I've seen the floor of physically gifted QBs with limited resumes (I really can't shake the comparison in my mind of Wentz to Christian Ponder).
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Bandonij
Captain
Captain

Postby Bandonij » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 am

I like Goff a lot. I wish he could sit a year before playing, but I doubt that happens. My main concern is that he gets broken the first year, but if he can learn on the fly and survive I think he'll be good not great. Like a Matt Ryan or Dalton type.

Wentz has too many red flags for me. He seems less safe than Goff and more boom-bust. If the boom in that scenario is Joe Flacco. I don't like the ceiling or floor here.

Lynch seems like a fun high upside flyer to stash. Hopefully he sits a year or two and pays off that ticket. Not sure how high I would draft him though.
10 team, 0.5 ppr. Start 1QB 2RBs 2WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: Wilson, Tannehill
RB: CJ Anderson, Gore, Foster, Ellington, Spiller, K Williams, D Lewis, Alf
WR: OBJ, Evans, Dez, K Allen, K White, John Brown, Gordon, Conley, D Baldwin
TE: Eifert, L. Green, Ebron
2016 picks: 1.07, 3.07
2015 League Runner up.

10 team full ppr. Start 1QB 2RBs 3WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: Luck , Romo
RB: Forsett, M Gordon, Gurley, Rawls, Zenner
WR: OBJ, TY Hilton, BMarsh, Maclin, Lockett, Marvin, Latimer
TE: Reed
2016 Picks: 1.06, 2.07, 3.10
2015 League Champ. Worst to first!

12 team full ppr, 1.5 for TE. Start 1QB 2RBs 3WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: ARod
RB: Duke, Dion, Spiller, Bolden, Jennings, Ridley
WR: K Benjamin, Baldwin, Diggs, Agholor, T Benjamin, Conley, Hunter, Stevie, Kearse, TY Montgomery, Torrey
TE: Walford, D Allen, Gilmore, V. Green
2016 Picks: 1.04, 3.11, 3.14
2017 picks 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds
2018 picks 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
Just took over as an orphan 04/10/16

Dizzle
Starter
Starter

Postby Dizzle » Sun May 01, 2016 6:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: And with Wentz, what if Bradford has a career season and Philly just wasted all that to move up....

JIBaseball04
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JIBaseball04 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:12 am

Dizzle wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: And with Wentz, what if Bradford has a career season and Philly just wasted all that to move up....
If Bradford has a career year than his trade value goes up so they will recover picks that they traded to move up. So him having a career year helps Philly. Win/win situation for the Eagles. They get their franchise QB in Wentz and if their current QB does well they recover some of what was lost in the trade. As for who I'd rather have here is a quick stat: Every FCS QB selected in the first round of the NFL draft since 1970(Joe Flacco, Phil Simms, Steve McNair to name a few)have been to the Superbowl and all for the most part been very productive QBs. If your good your good no matter what school you played at plain and simple. Im taking those odds and going Wentz all day over Goff and Lynch.
Last edited by JIBaseball04 on Sun May 01, 2016 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
12 team league, Non-ppr, 6 pt passing td
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, DST
QB: Jimmy Garoppolo Case Keenam
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake, Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Andre Ellington, Chris Thompson, DeAndre Washington, James White
WR: Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Marquis Goodwin, Pierre Garcon, Seth Roberts, Rashard Higgins, Tyrell Williams
TE: Zach Ertz, Steven Anderson, Trey Burton
K: Stephen Gostkowski, Dan Bailey
DST: Denver Broncos
Taxi Squad: Mitchell Trubisky, Bucky Hodges

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sun May 01, 2016 7:17 am

I'd be Goff - Lynch - Wentz. Wentz has the least chance of playing this year out of the three. Goff is the only lock as a starter all year.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

JIBaseball04
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JIBaseball04 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:25 am

DrNoish wrote:I'd be Goff - Lynch - Wentz. Wentz has the least chance of playing this year out of the three. Goff is the only lock as a starter all year.
Its dynasty. That's a redraft mentality and either way if your relying on any of these rookie QBs to start for your fantasy team year one then you probably won't be expecting to make much noise this season.
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake, Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Andre Ellington, Chris Thompson, DeAndre Washington, James White
WR: Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Marquis Goodwin, Pierre Garcon, Seth Roberts, Rashard Higgins, Tyrell Williams

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sun May 01, 2016 7:29 am

JIBaseball04 wrote:
DrNoish wrote:I'd be Goff - Lynch - Wentz. Wentz has the least chance of playing this year out of the three. Goff is the only lock as a starter all year.
Its dynasty. That's a redraft mentality and either way if your relying on any of these rookie QBs to start for your fantasy team year one then you probably won't be expecting to make much noise this season.
It's also what he asked so...
Dizzle wrote:Fantasy-wise, will either of these three hold any relevance this year?
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

JIBaseball04
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JIBaseball04 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:33 am

DrNoish wrote:
JIBaseball04 wrote:
It's also what he asked so...
Dizzle wrote:Fantasy-wise, will either of these three hold any relevance this year?
Well he asked about long-term relevance in the same question which you conveniently left out and when your thinking about taking a rookie QB long-term relevance is all that matters this is DLF.
Last edited by JIBaseball04 on Sun May 01, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 01, 2016 7:34 am

If Bradford holds out, then Wentz can be the most fantasy relevant. Philly has the weapons with Matthews, Agholor, Ertz, Mathews...

Long-term, I still think Goff is the most polished QB. It's just a matter of Jeff Fisher and his terrible offenses.