Hurns' Value in Picks.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
smastroi
Role Player
Role Player

Hurns' Value in Picks.

Postby smastroi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:30 am

So I'm having a hard time putting together a trade for a WR. I've had some offers come into me that would get me Dez or Nuk and while they were fair I couldn't justify giving up that many assets to acquire them. So I've switched my focus to the next level down. I put together what I thought was a great offer for Maclin (1.06/2.06/2017 2nd) and it was countered with 1.05 and 2017 1st which I easily passed on.

This leads to me Hurns. I feel like 1.06 for Hurns is a strong offer but part of me says I'm over paying and I just want to make sure I haven't come down with a case of Rookie Fever.

Thanks!
10 Team, 0.5 ppr - 3 pt passing TDs (2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE) Roster cut down to 10 July 31
QB: Carr, Mariotia, Dalton
RB: J.Hill, C.Hyde, A. Abdullah, M. Jones
WR: A.Robinson, M. Evans, S. Watkins, D. Parker, S. Diggs, K. Martin
TE: Kelce

12 Team, 1 ppr - 6 pt passing TDs (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE)
QB: Luck, Palmer, Goff
RB: L.Bell, T.Gurley, M.Gordon, David Johnson, K.Williams
WR: B.Cooks, D.Parker, L.Treadwell.Baldwin, M.Thomas (NO), D.Harris, C.Johnson, C.Conley, JJ Nelson, J.Hardy
TE: G.Barnridge, M.Bennett
2017 Picks: 2* 2nd round

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Re: Hurns' Value in Picks.

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:39 am

Hurns is worth the 1.3 to me. People get so much rookie fever it's insane. Hurns had a TD every game for like 7 weeks straight. Hes a very good WR2, but is in Arobs shadow. He put up 10 TDS, over 1000 yards, and 64 receptions in his Sophomore season. He's very good people!!
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:06 am

I would agree that Hurns' value is right around 1.6. He'll always play second fiddle to ARob, but is talented enough and is in a good enough offense to sustain good numbers, although maybe not his TD numbers. I recently traded Hurns in a multi-player deal that netted me Gronk. I was valuing Hurns as a mid 1. That said, what are your realistic expectations that one of the leading WR from the draft will fall to 1.6? I would include Shepard on that list. If a nice draft prospect who has a shot at WR1 status for his new team gets to 6 you might want to reconsider. If not, it's a fair offer. So with that said, I might wait until you're OTC before making an offer for Hurns. It wouldn't hurt to gauge interest in that offer right now though.
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 am

I recently turned down the 1.06 for Hurns. Hurns is already producing at the level that you would hope your 1.06 pick gets to. NTM he's in a great situation moving forward. One of the few handcuff WRs, that also plays good as the number 2 guy.

With that said, I would prob take the 1.05; but that's just because that is where my 2nd tier of rookies players ends.

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 am

Betterthanyou wrote:Hurns is worth the 1.3 to me. People get so much rookie fever it's insane. Hurns had a TD every game for like 7 weeks straight. Hes a very good WR2, but is in Arobs shadow. He put up 10 TDS, over 1000 yards, and 64 receptions in his Sophomore season. He's very good people!!
I agree that he is a very good player, but be careful overvaluing the TD numbers. Touchdowns are the hardest statistic to predict/rely on in fantasy football. I personally wouldn't pay quite as high as the 1.06. I value him around a late 1st, but if I thought he would considerably help my team I'd pay as high as the 1.09.
@BrianHarrFF