Are treadwell and doctson a sure thing?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Are treadwell and doctson a sure thing?

Postby skip » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am

Coogan23 wrote:
Favrezilla wrote:
Coogan23 wrote:

He was on scholarship at University of Wyoming and transferred to TCU after his mom got hired by the school's marketing department, he's originally from Mansfield, Texas which is 30 minutes south of where TCU is located.
thats my point, no interest in HS even though he was in their back yard - there isnt ALWAYS an elite HS athlete to pro athlete correlation, but its definitely a more likely to translate that way than the other; especially with skill positions.
I'm not sure why he didn't get any local offers. You would have to believe that if he was decent for even 1 season in highschool he would have had some local colleges wanting him, that area is saturated with college football programs. If I had to pick a bust out of this top group I would choose Doctson for reasons like this, breakout age, college scheme and lack of sustained success in football.
I wouldn't put any emphasis at all on high school careers. If you look at the lists of top recruits year over year you will find a massive number of "no name" players. And as previously noted, he didn't even play until his junior season. By that age, colleges have already identified the best prospects in their eyes. It is highly doubtful many scouts ever even bothered to come to the school to see him play.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:11 am

I think Treadwell is a fairly sure thing. He has come with a consistently high pedigree and other than a lackluster 40 time, I have seen nothing to dissuade me from him... That said, I am of the opinion that there are situations that are fantasy killers, so will be waiting to see who picks him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 2 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7..

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:27 am

skip wrote: I wouldn't put any emphasis at all on high school careers. If you look at the lists of top recruits year over year you will find a massive number of "no name" players. And as previously noted, he didn't even play until his junior season. By that age, colleges have already identified the best prospects in their eyes. It is highly doubtful many scouts ever even bothered to come to the school to see him play.
I know what you mean but the fact that he attended a Texas highschool where college scouts and coaches are almost at every Friday night varsity game and yet he still didn't get much attention or even an offer from a local school is a little concerning to me.

To me it seems like if he would have gotten a local offer he would've taken it because he went all the way out to Wyoming which isn't that big of a program and it's a little far away from his home...but the fact that he immediately transferred to TCU after his freshman year to come back home to be with mom makes me think he would've rather had stayed local to begin with.

I'm not trying to rip Doctson apart and say he sucks or anything, I'm just giving my reasons for why I am a little skeptical of him since he's such a highly regarded prospect and will be drafted high.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:50 am

Coogan23 wrote:
skip wrote: I wouldn't put any emphasis at all on high school careers. If you look at the lists of top recruits year over year you will find a massive number of "no name" players. And as previously noted, he didn't even play until his junior season. By that age, colleges have already identified the best prospects in their eyes. It is highly doubtful many scouts ever even bothered to come to the school to see him play.
I know what you mean but the fact that he attended a Texas highschool where college scouts and coaches are almost at every Friday night varsity game and yet he still didn't get much attention or even an offer from a local school is a little concerning to me.

To me it seems like if he would have gotten a local offer he would've taken it because he went all the way out to Wyoming which isn't that big of a program and it's a little far away from his home...but the fact that he immediately transferred to TCU after his freshman year to come back home to be with mom makes me think he would've rather had stayed local to begin with.

I'm not trying to rip Doctson apart and say he sucks or anything, I'm just giving my reasons for why I am a little skeptical of him since he's such a highly regarded prospect and will be drafted high.
I'm also a bigger believer of what I see on film than I am of anything else. Don't care where he played. Don't care when he did it. Don't care that is is "already 23" because most NFL players are still years from peak at that age. What matters is what he looks like on the field. There are fair question to be had surrounding Elliott...was he at least in part a product of the system? Could very well be and I know a lot of people asking that question so they don't end up with another Moreno or TRich... I love Coleman but there are questions about his route tree and the offense he played in. I honestly don't see anything in Doctson's game that makes me question whether or not he will be successful in the NFL. The only question is just how good he can be.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:55 am

Yes.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:03 pm

skip wrote: I'm also a bigger believer of what I see on film than I am of anything else. Don't care where he played. Don't care when he did it. Don't care that is is "already 23" because most NFL players are still years from peak at that age. What matters is what he looks like on the field. There are fair question to be had surrounding Elliott...was he at least in part a product of the system? Could very well be and I know a lot of people asking that question so they don't end up with another Moreno or TRich... I love Coleman but there are questions about his route tree and the offense he played in. I honestly don't see anything in Doctson's game that makes me question whether or not he will be successful in the NFL. The only question is just how good he can be.
I completely agree, as everyone knows on here I believe in the tape above all of things.

I was just stating the facts on Doctson about his school background at Wyoming in responses to Favrevilla's comment about it and his age. As you can see from my breif report of Doctson's tape I think he is a very good player, he's surely cemented in as my WR2 in this class.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat