What players are the best value right now?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

What players are the best value right now?

Postby dipANDglide » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:22 pm

What players are the best value in a start up, trade, ect.....?

1) DT- I've seen him go in the mid 30's in a recent start up or two. If you're taking a win now approach this is great value imo. I'd much rather invest in him over BMarsh.

2) M Floyd- Going forward Floyd is going to be the guy in AZ. Sure there are a lot of mouths to feed, but he has everything you want in a WR. If he starts getting some of Fitz targets over the middle he's locked in for high end WR2 to low-end WR1 #'s this year.

3) Gio- He has as safe a floor as anyone. I don't think he's an every down back, but can/should get more touches then he currently gets. If he goes somewhere in FA next year, and is their 1a option, he'll get a nice boost in value.

4) Duke- See above.

5) Crowder- He's not gonna be a WR1. But he can become Landryesque when/if he becomes a #2 option for WAS. This will happen sooner rather than later imo.

6) CMike- I know. I know. Enough of Cmike, he sucks, ect.. With Rawls coming back from injury, and SEA not doing much in FA, I think CMike is a great buy at hs current ADP. If he doesn't get a shot so what. If he does..BINK

7) Ka'Deem- See above.

8) B Ellington- He has nice potential in Chip's offense. San Fran's targets are there to be had. It'll be interesting to see who they draft in a week.

9) C Latimer- The guy isn't the smartest football player but has all the physical tools and seems to be a hard worker. I always got the feeling Manning didn't like/trust him and that was part of the reason he didn't get on the field. Now that we are post Manning, I have a feeling he's gonna get his shot.

Whatcha guys got??

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Re: What players are the best value right now?

Postby JJDubya » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:49 pm

Scoring and roster settings matter a lot. My typical approach is to draft young WRs and young RBs late (grabbed Duke and Coleman in the 8-11 range), aiming for guys I think are primed to increase in value. I think Duke will put up Gio-like numbers this year and Coleman will be relevant in that ATL offense, with a chance at special if Freeman misses time.

The guys that have the most value to gain are cheap young RBs and young WRs yet to breakout. ARob this time last year was worth about a third, and Nuk was worth a second. They're now top 5 picks in a startup for the most part. This year those guys are Parker, White, Moncrief, Matthews and to a lesser extent Perriman (although I think his numbers will be closer to what a top rookie might put up (70/1000/7). Not necessarily enough to propel him into WR1 convo but he becomes an easy sell or hold, whichever works for you.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:47 pm

100 views and no one has any insight or opinions? Come on fellas.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Agree with Gio and Duke, only if its a PPR league. Would wait to buy any RBs right now though because their values could get crushed by the draft (ie. Tre Mason last year) But I would think Gio and Duke are safe on their teams as the 3rd down backs.

I think the Ivory signing has made some Yeldon owners panic and he can be had for a lot cheaper than normal.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Maybe Mike Davis is worth another look in SF under a new regime. I liked him coming out but he was pretty putrid last season so is probably available for free.

Justin Forsett can probably be had cheaply too.

Mike Wallace I think may have something left, he's dirt cheap
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:53 pm

1) DT- Well of course you'd rather have him over Marshall. There's a 4 year age gap. Granted I don't like the situation, and Sanchez or Kap will both not help solve the problem. Is he a good value? I kind of feel his going price is reflective of a mid-range WR2 this year. He's a good player though and if Denver doesn't fix their QB situation this year, I'm confident they will next year and DT will be a great buy low.

2) M Floyd- I'm not a believer. He's had his shot and keeps getting outplayed by an aging stud and Brown. I think J. Brown is the guy to own in AZ.

3) Gio- I agree here. You kind of know what you're getting with him. A decent floor and potential for a few scoring spikes throughout the year. PPR he's a legit RB2 option.

4) Duke- Not a good value yet. The situation is poor and he didn't show much last year.

5) Crowder- I'm on the Crowder train. Landry, Edelman, Crowder....

6) CMike- Someone other than Rawls will have the RB1 job by the end of the season. It won't be C-Mike.

7) Ka'Deem- Langford, or most likely some other RB will have the starting job. Carey..not seeing it.

8) B Ellington- Someone can break out in SF. He's a good bet.

9) C Latimer- Crappy QB situation and he's got a shot at the WR3 job, on a run first team. The upside barely registers.

I'd add McCoy. Guy can be bought pretty reasonably and has produced when on the field. He's 28. Cheap for a low-end RB1.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:25 am

My generic answer would be "anyone over the age of 26". This is the time of year to buy veteran players with an eye towards the season. Youth rules the off-season, buying productive vets at discounted prices wins championships.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Titanium Miss
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Titanium Miss » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:01 am

Carlos Hyde seems to be dropping to late in start up drafts, and i'm seeing some lower end trades for him. Jamaal Charles too.

Forte, Ajayi

Maclin is also seemingly undervalued - and i'm targeting him in a trade because of it :)

Perriman also.

AP's value all over the board I noticed. If you can find that contender to sell high to, or also, as a buyer, can try to buy low from a concerned with age owner

Barnidge and Walker are practically free. side note: I sold Walker and I wish I didn't..

Olsen's age is concerning a few, can be traded for easy - still Cam's guy :)

Josh Gordon - he is probably exhausting some owners...

QB's: Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, Brees... get em for cheap! Maybe Luck also.

I also saw the Seahawks D being traded for a 4th round pick, and if you don't have a good D - that's a good deal to me - I know most dynasty players wouldn't consider trading for a D

West and Ware are easy to get also if you are a Charles owner...

Yeldon

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 am

Said it before, I'll say it again. Dion Lewis. People hate him. My guess is you can get him for a late first. If that's true, I'm a buyer in for all contending teams.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:00 am

To trade it really depends on who owns them. Some DT owners trust him as a pure talent who will be a wr1 regardless of qb. Some view him as dropping I'm value.

Floyd, some owners think he will be the #1 in Arizona, some think he is the 3rd best guy there. One will give you a buy opportunity, one will not.

Guys I have been targeting are rbs who could be replaced through the draft. If that risk is built in to the price to where I gain large value if they don't add a back. In exchange I am willing to lose a little value if they do draft a back. Ajayi, langford, latavius, rawls, duke, hyde, etc. I have been making offers at all these guys between the two potential values these guys could have in 10 days with maybe a little lean toward the lower. I will lose on some but should win some too. I feel like a win here getting me a starting rb is more than a loss and losing out on a guy like chris conley or jamison crowder or a mid 2nd round pick.
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:00 am

Titanium Miss wrote:Carlos Hyde seems to be dropping to late in start up drafts, and i'm seeing some lower end trades for him. Jamaal Charles too.

Forte, Ajayi

Maclin is also seemingly undervalued - and i'm targeting him in a trade because of it :)

Perriman also.

AP's value all over the board I noticed. If you can find that contender to sell high to, or also, as a buyer, can try to buy low from a concerned with age owner

Barnidge and Walker are practically free. side note: I sold Walker and I wish I didn't..

Olsen's age is concerning a few, can be traded for easy - still Cam's guy :)

Josh Gordon - he is probably exhausting some owners...

QB's: Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, Brees... get em for cheap! Maybe Luck also.

I also saw the Seahawks D being traded for a 4th round pick, and if you don't have a good D - that's a good deal to me - I know most dynasty players wouldn't consider trading for a D

West and Ware are easy to get also if you are a Charles owner...

Yeldon
this is a much better list of guys who will actually BE getting points. your list at the top is all fliers that are most likely on the waiver wire as is.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

Bandonij
Captain
Captain

Postby Bandonij » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:52 am

JJDubya wrote: The guys that have the most value to gain are cheap young RBs and young WRs yet to breakout. ARob this time last year was worth about a third, and Nuk was worth a second. They're now top 5 picks in a startup for the most part. This year those guys are Parker, White, Moncrief, Matthews and to a lesser extent Perriman (although I think his numbers will be closer to what a top rookie might put up (70/1000/7). Not necessarily enough to propel him into WR1 convo but he becomes an easy sell or hold, whichever works for you.
Not sure where you're getting this info. Parker, White, Moncrief, and Matthews are all being valued at or around the 1.02 or even higher from what I've seen in the ADP and on these boards.

And last year (June 2015 ADP) Hopkins was 16th, far more valuable than the 1.01 even. AROB was 37th, so about the price of the 1.03. Yes they are both worth more than that now, but they weren't going for a 2nd and 3rd.

Some good buy-lows in my opinion are:
QB: Anyone good, old, and cheap (Ben, Brady, Rivers, Brees, Romo, Palmer) Tyrod and RG3 can also be had for cheap.
RB: Dion, CJA, Gio, Duke, Hyde, Gordon, McCoy, Sims, Woodhead, Riddick, Ware, DMC, Forsett, Spiller, Jennings
WR: Benjamins (KB and Travis), Maclin, John Brown, Edelman, Hurns, Baldwin, Diggs, Agholor, Marvin Jones, Tavon, K Wright, Conley, SF WRS (Torrey, Bruce, Smelter), Devin Smith, Kenny Bell
TE: Walker, Barnidge, Olsen, D Allen, L Green, Walford, Maxx, Cook
10 team, 0.5 ppr. Start 1QB 2RBs 2WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: Wilson, Tannehill
RB: CJ Anderson, Gore, Foster, Ellington, Spiller, K Williams, D Lewis, Alf
WR: OBJ, Evans, Dez, K Allen, K White, John Brown, Gordon, Conley, D Baldwin
TE: Eifert, L. Green, Ebron
2016 picks: 1.07, 3.07
2015 League Runner up.

10 team full ppr. Start 1QB 2RBs 3WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: Luck , Romo
RB: Forsett, M Gordon, Gurley, Rawls, Zenner
WR: OBJ, TY Hilton, BMarsh, Maclin, Lockett, Marvin, Latimer
TE: Reed
2016 Picks: 1.06, 2.07, 3.10
2015 League Champ. Worst to first!

12 team full ppr, 1.5 for TE. Start 1QB 2RBs 3WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: ARod
RB: Duke, Dion, Spiller, Bolden, Jennings, Ridley
WR: K Benjamin, Baldwin, Diggs, Agholor, T Benjamin, Conley, Hunter, Stevie, Kearse, TY Montgomery, Torrey
TE: Walford, D Allen, Gilmore, V. Green
2016 Picks: 1.04, 3.11, 3.14
2017 picks 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds
2018 picks 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
Just took over as an orphan 04/10/16

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:04 am

Dr.Graffin wrote:
4) Duke- Not a good value yet. The situation is poor and he didn't show much last year.
Granted, Duke didn't get much early work last year and the Cleveland situation wasn't that good. However, he had 61 receptions as a rookie which is pretty good in my books. He nearly broke 1k all purpose yards and he's a dynamite runner. Personally I think he's a great value.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Gio, Forte, Brees, Lacy, DT, Fitz, Fitzpatrick (if he's back in NYJ), Tevin Coleman, Ajayi, Lockett
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:04 am

my best values are
Dez
Keenan
TY
DMart
1.03 (Doctson)
Luck
Hartline
MGordon
RMathews
KBenjamin