John brown or 1.5

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: John brown or 1.5

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:34 am

Space Cowboy wrote:
GridironGuerilla wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:1.05 will probably end up being as good as Brown, if that, so I dont see the point. I'd hold Brown even though I'm not a big fan.
I'd take my chances on a potential WR 1 or 2. Brown is not. He is a WR3 who MIGHT scrape the top 24 at best. I think we've seen who John brown is, and I don't see any real improvement on that in his future. I know there aren't many WR1 type prospects this year but I'd personally be happy taking a chance with Thomas who he should definitely have a shot at at 5, but that's just me.
I'm not saying Brown is a WR1, but WR2 is not out of the question ... There's no reason to expect a dip in production...
Both fair statements.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:47 am

How do his stats look when Floyd has been healthy? Not just playing as a decoy, but healthy? Honest question. I don't know.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:47 am

I like owning John Brown, but if I could trade him for 1.5 (or Floyd, for that matter), I would

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 am

Anyone banking on two rouge picks to make the 1.05 the winner is silly. You need to prefer Coleman/Thomas over Brown otherwise it's a bad play given that's who will be there. I can see why some would or wouldn't.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:01 pm

I love Smokey as much as anyone and I have a hard time deciding here, I say him and the 1.05 are equal and it would come down to the actual owner and what they needed.

If you need a WR3 to become a stronger team then keep him, if you are rebuilding then go with the pick.

Brown also turned 26 yrs old yesterday FWIW
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Retirement imminent

In all seriousness though, he was pretty mature (as far as growth goes) by the time he broke out. I'd rather have the guy that does it when he's only 22 or so.......

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 pm

heldlightning wrote:
GridironGuerilla wrote:
Mefisto wrote:1.05. I like John Brown but he's getting way overhyped. He's basically Kendall Wright but with a good QB. So what's going to happen once Palmer gets injured/retires?
I'm not a Brwon guy. I'd personaly take the 1.05 and after Zeke goes hope that someone in front of you takes a rougue WR, a QB, or Henry and one of those guys falls to you. If not, and you would rather not have a Thomas or Coleman over Brown you can always trade it away. IMHO.
1.05. Never discount the player ahead of you getting cute.
I definitely see Henry going in the top 5, especially if he lands with one of the teams he is visiting (Cowboys, Panthers and Seahawks). Once Elliot goes, then Treadwell or Doctson, 1.3 and 1.4 will have a decision to make. I can easily see Coleman there at 1.5. Worst case scenario is I take Henry at 1.5 depending on his landing spot and keep John Brown.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Whatevs6 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Mefisto wrote:True, Brown is faster that Wright. That is one thing that you can't take away from him. But I think they're similar in that they're both slot/possession guys. And again, I said he's Wright with a good QB. Wright's best year was with what? Mettenberger? Locker? Someone else I'm forgetting? I'm sure he'd have a better YPC avg with Palmer throwing to him!
Brown plays outside. He's not a slot receiver. Not only is Wright slower than Brown, he's WAY slower (almost .3 seconds in the 40).

It seems like you're trying to categorize Brown as a slot receiver because he's short. But he has very little in common with Wright.
GridironGuerilla wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:1.05 will probably end up being as good as Brown, if that, so I dont see the point. I'd hold Brown even though I'm not a big fan.
I'd take my chances on a potential WR 1 or 2. Brown is not. He is a WR3 who MIGHT scrape the top 24 at best. I think we've seen who John brown is, and I don't see any real improvement on that in his future. I know there aren't many WR1 type prospects this year but I'd personally be happy taking a chance with Thomas who he should definitely have a shot at at 5, but that's just me.
If we've already "seen" who Brown is then he's a WR2 because that's what he was last season.
12 Team Dynasty .5 PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 IDP

QB: D. Prescott, D. Carr
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Ekeler, I. Pacheco, J. Cook, J. Warren, G. Edwards, K. Miller,
WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, C. Olave, A. Cooper, G. Pickens, J. Reed, D. Douglas, D. Mooney, R. Bateman, R. Moore, D. Peoples-Jones
TE: S. LaPorta, D. Waller, J. Johnson
IDP: F. Oluokun, B. Wagner, T. Edwards, K. White
K:
DEF:

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Whatevs6 wrote:If we've already "seen" who Brown is then he's a WR2 because that's what he was last season.

Unless we're using different parameters to asses what a number 2 WR is in fantasy football, MFL player stats have him he finishing as the WR 27tth last year in a standard scoring league with no bonuses which equates to a high end WR 3, and 30th in PPR with no bonuses which equates to a mid WR 3 in a 12 team league.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Whatevs6 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:21 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote:
Whatevs6 wrote:If we've already "seen" who Brown is then he's a WR2 because that's what he was last season.

Unless we're using different parameters to asses what a number 2 WR is in fantasy football, MFL player stats have him he finishing as the WR 27tth last year in a standard scoring league with no bonuses which equates to a high end WR 3, and 30th in PPR with no bonuses which equates to a mid WR 3 in a 12 team league.
Oh I see. He finished as the WR22 in my standard scoring league.
12 Team Dynasty .5 PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 IDP

QB: D. Prescott, D. Carr
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Ekeler, I. Pacheco, J. Cook, J. Warren, G. Edwards, K. Miller,
WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, C. Olave, A. Cooper, G. Pickens, J. Reed, D. Douglas, D. Mooney, R. Bateman, R. Moore, D. Peoples-Jones
TE: S. LaPorta, D. Waller, J. Johnson
IDP: F. Oluokun, B. Wagner, T. Edwards, K. White
K:
DEF:

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Yeah, there could be slight variations in our scoring settings or stat providers for our respective league host sites. 22 is still a low end WR 2 and my statement included him "MAYBE scratching the top 24" so I stand by my thoughts.

-Booger McFarlland

pjh0736
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby pjh0736 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:08 pm

The 1.05 for me
TM1 12tmPPR 1QB, 2RB ,3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DEF
QB Daniel Jones, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston

RB Saquon Barkley, James Conner, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Javonte Williams, Latavius Murray, DeeJay Dallas, Gerrid Doaks, Benny Snell

WR Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Tyler Boyd, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller, Nelson Agholor, Robby Anderson, Zach Pascal, Rondale Moore, Jaelon Darden,

TE: Dallas Goedert, Austin Hooper, Dawson Knox

D 49ers,Ravens

Taxi Squad
Parris Campbell, Cornell Powell

Picks: 22 2nd, 22 3rd, 22 4th