Post apocalypse Calvin team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Post apocalypse Calvin team

Postby Hahaclintondix » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:21 pm

First time posting. Be gentle.

12 team, 0.5 PPR, 4 point passing TD, standard everything else 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, Flex

Through a series of good and bad decisions, I ended up with a team that I had planned to contend for the next 3-4 seasons. In my view, losing Calvin just squashed that plan. My question to the people is do I blow it up or do I roll with what I've got and continue to go for it? Do I trade one of Dez/AJG and get a few pieces? Or even worse do I fire off Gurley for heaps? For the love of God tell me what to do...

QB: Rodgers, Fitz (dropping after rookie draft)
RB: Gurley, Ajayi, Hillman, Coleman, K. Robinson, Blount, Ware
WR: Dez, AJG, V-Jax, Calvin (RIP :cry: ), Conley, Crowder, Smelter
TE: Ebron

I grossly gave away my 2017 and 2018 1sts already. Nice job idiot. We have 3rds also, but who cares.

Picks: 2016: 1.07, 2.02, 2.11
2017: 3 2nds
2018: 1 2nd
Last edited by Hahaclintondix on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Re: Post apocalypse Calvin team

Postby Bad News Barrett » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:28 pm

What are the starting reqs?
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Don't give up on Calvin just yet:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2 hours ago

Goal for #Lions coaches & staff: Find a way to bring Calvin Johnson back. It wouldn't be at his current salary, but with Fitz-like extension
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Postby Hahaclintondix » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Edited for starting requirements. What a noob

myth010
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby myth010 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:45 pm

I don't think it's a roster that should be blown up. You have 2 WR1's or close to WR1's in Dez and AJ, arguably best RB in NFL and Rodgers. If you can add couple of WR3, and a decent TE you should be ready to make a run. I am assuming one of your RBs will give a RB2 season (Ajayi/Coleman/hillman)

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:59 pm

I would try to get someone like Jordy/Edelman for some of your draft picks. Maybe 1.07, 2.11 for one of them? Then see if you can get Forte an older RB for your 2.02 and maybe another piece. You should be fine.

This. Potentially losing Calvin hurts, but you still have the pieces to be a competitive team. If you want to make a run next season, this is a good time of year to zig when others zag. Youth and upside are all the rage right now, but if you look to acquire some of the less sexy veteran names you can fill the holes you believe you have and try to get a title with this team before you look to retool the team next year.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:00 pm

I would shop Rodgers to get a QB/WR combo. Maybe target Ryan, Tannehill, etc. Also you might be able to package with the 1.07 to get two high-quality starters. Welcome to the boards. You should create a signature (in the user control panel) that way your team is listed every time you post.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:15 pm

First off, 1st nice post, it actually made me laugh a few times.

Don't make any emotional decisions based on Calvin right now, Don Mega himself doesn't even know what's gonna happen yet. Your team even without him is awesome, why in the hell are you panicking?

The one weakness you have is RB2 but Miller is probably gone and I love Ajayi if he's the starter, go watch his college highlight tape again. Your team is in good shape, quit freaking out lol

PS, to add your team to your signature like mine click on where it says USER CONTROL PANEL then PROFILE (left side) then EDIT SIGNATURE...its convenient and you won't have to type out everything when you ask questions like this.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:25 pm

I would shop Dez and Green to see what you can get for one of them. It's kind of a bad time to shop Dex but see. I wouldn't panic. See what happens in miami and Detroit. Also having the 1.07 will be a nice bargaining chip come draft time to either package up or swap for a vet or two. Grab BMarsh for the 1.07 perhaps? You have a few options still.

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:58 pm

I would definitely recommend offering Dez up to any cowboy fans in your league
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:58 pm

I would definitely recommend offering Dez up to any cowboy fans in your league
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

cd6696
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cd6696 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Your team isn't as strong without Calvin as it would have been with him, but I think you are alright. You may be able to move a AJG or Dez for some of the younger WR that are on discount and some picks. I'm thinking Cobb or Keenan. NOt sure anyone would bite, but you could get some value that way. Move the picks later for more starters as mentioned by previous posters.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:26 pm

Start with shopping Rodgers and see what you can get back. Cheaper QB plus maybe a solid WR or promising WR. Or maybe you can get a high pick?

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:41 pm

My advice would be to practice patience and not overreact just yet. Theres 9 months until any real football is played, making any rash decisions based on this news will lead to worse decisions. Stay active in your league and see who might have interest. You can always trade Dez or AJG closer to the season if you need to, they're value is unlikely to change much leading up. IMO this is not the time to sell Dez his perceived value is lower then his actual.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

wolfjn1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wolfjn1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:59 pm

McCloskey22 wrote:I would definitely recommend offering Dez up to any cowboy fans in your league
Selling low on Dez after a season without Romo would not return the value you want.... unless it is to a 'boys fan. I'd hold and expect both WR1s to put up numbers this year. Someone mentioned making a run at Forte-- not a bad idea. A lot of older FA RBs this year that you can take a stab at for cheap.
Team 1: 12 Team Dynasty - 22 Man Roster - PPR, All TDs 6pts - QB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex
QB: Brees, Dalton
RB: AP, D Murray, K Robinson, J McK
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Gordon, Baldwin, M Jones, Coleman, Coates, Smelter, Latimer, Bell
TE: Olsen, Tye

Team 2: 12 Team Superflex Dynasty - 24 Man Roster - PPR - QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Superflex/Flex
QB: Brees, Fitzmagic, Cutler
RB: CJA, Lacy, Duke, J McK, Sims, CMike, TWest
WR: OBJ, Julio, Cooks, Funchess, Torrey, Strong, Crowder, LaFell
TE: Green, Clay, Vance, Watson

Team 3: 12 Team Dynasty - 25 Man Roster - PPR - QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex/Flex
QB: Bortles, Winston, Bradford, Glennon
RB: Gore, M Jones, Ware, A Collins, Ervin, Gaffney, Howard, Barner
WR: Watkins, Allen, Parker, Floyd, Moncrief, Megatron, Coates, M Wilson, R Matthews, Hogan
TE: Olsen, Ertz, Tye, Rodgers, Rudolph, Kendricks