Langford: cash in for old studs or just hold?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Langford: cash in for old studs or just hold?

Postby M-Dub » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:09 am

Team 1 in sig. Langford has been attracting a lot of interest in my league lately. Trading doesn't resume until after the Super Bowl, but I've been in preliminary talks with one particular owner from whom I think I can get solid value in return. He's trying to get younger, and I wouldn't mind taking a couple aging studs off his hands for a championship push next year. I'm looking to make a deal for Fitz and AP and maybe get one young piece back in return. He has expressed interest in Langford, Reed, Mariota, Buck Allen and the 1.08. Here's his roster:

Brady, Cousins, E. Manning
AP, Freeman, Woodhead, CAP, Crowell, M. Davis
Fitz, Allen, Cooper, DGB, Cooks, Michael Floyd
Bennett, Ebron, Rudolph

Pretty sure any deal is gonna have to include Langford on my end and either Fitz or AP (or both) on his end. I'm hesitant to part with Reed, since it would leave me pretty weak at TE, but I also feel like this is a prime opportunity to sell high on him. Am I crazy to think that he should add something to Fitz/AP to get Langford and Reed? If I asked for Floyd or DGB, what else would I have to add on my end? What if I tried for a blockbuster and asked for Allen or Cooper? Is there someone else on his roster I should be targeting instead? Or should I just hold onto Langford and see what I have in him?

Sorry for the boatload of questions. Haha. I guess mainly I'm just wondering what kind of deal you guys think we could strike involving the main pieces mentioned above. Thanks in advance!
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Re: Langford: cash in for old studs or just hold?

Postby saw061600 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:42 am

Unless you get an offer that values Langford as the starter, I'd wait on him. The speculative value will move up if Forte leaves.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:10 am

saw061600 wrote:Unless you get an offer that values Langford as the starter, I'd wait on him. The speculative value will move up if Forte leaves.
I agree, I really liked Langford last year around this time.

Forte is reportedly NOT coming back to CHI, a beat reporter for the team said that the other day.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:17 am

Wait until he IS named starter. Forte is as good as gone. You could always hold as RB may be ur weakest position simply because u have no real stud but u have 4 that could be solid contributors in Murray, Hyde, Ajayi and Langford.

I would also aim higher. Go for AP and Allen maybe for Langford, Agholor and 1.08 or something like that. You know you can get Fitz prob anytime so I would start high. Or offer des and Langford for cooper, Allen and AP or something. Lots of possibilities

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:00 am

Offer him the 5 pieces he's interested in for AP and Cooper. If you could pull that off it be a nice win for you. I'd even take AP and Kennan for those pieces, but if you can negotiate him down to that and pull a piece back, that be gravy too.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:00 pm

sugbear65 wrote:Offer him the 5 pieces he's interested in for AP and Cooper. If you could pull that off it be a nice win for you. I'd even take AP and Kennan for those pieces, but if you can negotiate him down to that and pull a piece back, that be gravy too.
As I mentioned in the OP, trading won't resume until after the SB, but we've agreed in principle to Langford, Buck, Agholor, Mariota and 1.08 for Keenan, AP and Fitz. Told him I'd take Cousins off his hands too if he was just gonna drop him.

I think this puts me in really good position to make a title run next season. It should give me arguably the best WR corps in the league. Another guy has Julio, Nuk, ARob, Lockett, Edelman and Adams, but I think Keenan and Fitz are enough to push me ahead of him. Losing some of my young RB depth is a bummer, but if AP can give me one or two more RB1 years, I think it's a worthwhile investment. Plus, I managed to hang onto Jordan Reed. We just bumped up our entry fee from $50 to $125, so I definitely think this is a good year to go all-in.

Thoughts on this trade?

🦬PRIME🦬
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert

Hull Awaits

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:26 pm

If it works out your way and you win then it was definitely worth it. I like Langford and Agholor but if those old guys can help win you the championship then that's all that matters :thumbup:

I think AP is the deal-breaker in this trade, my bet is on your side though as I think he can be a RB1 for 2-3 more years with the way he looks
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

unrealken88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby unrealken88 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:46 am

M-Dub wrote:
sugbear65 wrote:Offer him the 5 pieces he's interested in for AP and Cooper. If you could pull that off it be a nice win for you. I'd even take AP and Kennan for those pieces, but if you can negotiate him down to that and pull a piece back, that be gravy too.
As I mentioned in the OP, trading won't resume until after the SB, but we've agreed in principle to Langford, Buck, Agholor, Mariota and 1.08 for Keenan, AP and Fitz. Told him I'd take Cousins off his hands too if he was just gonna drop him.

I think this puts me in really good position to make a title run next season. It should give me arguably the best WR corps in the league. Another guy has Julio, Nuk, ARob, Lockett, Edelman and Adams, but I think Keenan and Fitz are enough to push me ahead of him. Losing some of my young RB depth is a bummer, but if AP can give me one or two more RB1 years, I think it's a worthwhile investment. Plus, I managed to hang onto Jordan Reed. We just bumped up our entry fee from $50 to $125, so I definitely think this is a good year to go all-in.

Thoughts on this trade?
Feel like you over paid. I don't know why Mariota was part of this deal? The other guy had Brady, Cousins, & Eli, he didn't need him. I feel like Mariota couldn't have been taken out completely and another minor piece could have taken his place to make this a much more balanced trade. Like you said... IF you win it this year it is worth it, but I think you gave up a lot in order to do this. You gave up two potential young starting RB's, Agholor is a question mark at this point, a young starting QB, and a first round pick for Keenan, and two guys who have a year or two left.
10 Team PPR (8 keepers) 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Wilson, Watson, Bortles
RB: Zeke, Dalvin, Mixon, Guice, C. Thompson, J. Wilkins
WR: MT, Cooper, Arob, C. Davis, K. Golladay, C. Godwin
TE: Burton, Njoku, H. Henry

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:59 am

unrealken88 wrote:
M-Dub wrote:

Thoughts on this trade?
Feel like you over paid. I don't know why Mariota was part of this deal? The other guy had Brady, Cousins, & Eli, he didn't need him. I feel like Mariota couldn't have been taken out completely and another minor piece could have taken his place to make this a much more balanced trade. Like you said... IF you win it this year it is worth it, but I think you gave up a lot in order to do this. You gave up two potential young starting RB's, Agholor is a question mark at this point, a young starting QB, and a first round pick for Keenan, and two guys who have a year or two left.
I disagree with this; I like the deal for you. Sometimes I feel like everybody is perpetually rebuilding and nobody ever pushes all-in. You did. The only hole I'm worried about on your team is QB, but you're in a 1QB league and somebody will be available on the cheap after the draft. I would have asked for Brady in exchange for Mariota, but he's dumping one of those 4 QBs, so not to worry. You're a contender now and you have one of my very favorite WRs in Keenan.

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:28 am

Buckshot LaFunk wrote:Wait until he IS named starter. Forte is as good as gone. You could always hold as RB may be ur weakest position simply because u have no real stud but u have 4 that could be solid contributors in Murray, Hyde, Ajayi and Langford.

I would also aim higher. Go for AP and Allen maybe for Langford, Agholor and 1.08 or something like that. You know you can get Fitz prob anytime so I would start high. Or offer des and Langford for cooper, Allen and AP or something. Lots of possibilities
I would wait to see what is the deal with this. If he is the starter then it would be great. But if you can get better value due to overvaluation, pull the trigger.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:11 am

M-Dub wrote:
As I mentioned in the OP, trading won't resume until after the SB, but we've agreed in principle to Langford, Buck, Agholor, Mariota and 1.08 for Keenan, AP and Fitz. Told him I'd take Cousins off his hands too if he was just gonna drop him.....

Thoughts on this trade?
i really dont like the deal on your end because it seems to me as if your selling every piece at a discount. i may be completely wrong here...but im going to guess that the day forte walks away from chi town....we will see allen and langford pretty close in adp (within a rd of each other). you are then offering up buck, agholor, mariotta, and 1.8 for fitz and ap....thats just way to much! those guys or similar guys can be had for much cheaper. not to mention the fact that you would be giving up on 3 rookies here that you liked enough to roster.

on value alone, assuming im right about how close adp will have langford if/when forte is gone, langford and agholor, mariotta, or 1.8 should be enough to close the gap and possibly even buck if your trade partner is high on him. leading to the value of ap and fitz, i believe 1.8 is being generous with ap, and i really see no reason to target fitz with anything valued inside the top 12. simply put...the production can be found elsewhere with a much younger player.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:17 am

unrealken88 wrote:
M-Dub wrote:As I mentioned in the OP, trading won't resume until after the SB, but we've agreed in principle to Langford, Buck, Agholor, Mariota and 1.08 for Keenan, AP and Fitz. Told him I'd take Cousins off his hands too if he was just gonna drop him.
Disagree. The value on both side is about equal, but I prefer the Keenan Allen side. I think this trade works well for OP to bolster his team for a solid title run in 2016. Agholor has upside, but AP and Fitzgerald will still contribute next season barring injury. Mariota is worth an early 2nd or late 1st at most in a 1QB league. I don't personally believe Langford is going to be an RB1 next season, but I do agree that maybe OP should hold off on the deal until after Forte leaves. Langford's hype and trade value should rise even more when that happens.

Keenan Allen >= Jeremy Langford + Buck Allen + 1.08
Adrian Peterson >= Nelson Agholor
Larry Fitzgerald >= Marcus Mariota
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:02 am

I would hold on a guy like Langford, especially until we see what happens with Chicago. So much uncertainty on the offense.
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:31 pm

Sorry to bump this thread yet again, but the Keenan owner got cold feet and backed out of the deal. Had the TY Hilton owner contact me about Langford last night. Now I'm wondering what I should expect to add to Langford to acquire Hilton.

Frankly, I'm not super high on Hilton. He's been a solid producer over the past three years, but I just don't see him as a legit WR1. At best, I see him as a slight upgrade over Hurns as my WR4, so I'm definitely not interested in overpaying for him. That said, he seems like a reliable high-end WR2 and should see an uptick in production if Luck stays healthy next year. Does Langford plus Agholor or the 1.08 seem reasonable?

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:42 pm

M-Dub wrote:Does Langford plus Agholor or the 1.08 seem reasonable?
I think either offer would be a good buy-low but still fair offer for Hilton. I'd throw that out and see what happens.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd