Chris Ivory 2016 Value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
NickFoleanDynamite
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Chris Ivory 2016 Value?

Postby NickFoleanDynamite » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:42 pm

What is the consensus on Ivory going into next season?

He's coming off a career year but still was dealing with nagging injuries and started running out of steam towards the end of the year. Is it reasonable to expect another season similar to the one he had this year? Would he be a hold or a sell for you right now?

He's also a FA so I guess his landing spot could greatly determine his value.

Thanks!

ImTroyMcclure
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Chris Ivory 2016 Value?

Postby ImTroyMcclure » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:33 pm

The line on Ivory was always that he was a better real life RB than fantasy RB. The first half of this season was the first time that both were true. However, a large part of that was Bilal Powell missing a few weeks and the Jets benefiting from playing weaker opponents. I expect the Jets to make a play to bring him back (note that Powell is also a FA), but I think you're probably looking at pre-2015 value again. He's a 2-down back who will always be playing in a committee. The 2nd half of this season laid to rest any notion that he's anything more (in fact, he was getting out-snapped by Powell towards the end of the season so it was worse than ever). Worse, the Jets are projected to have a much tougher schedule next year and won't benefit from the game scripts he was feasting on early in the season.

If somebody in your league gets excited about his landing spot in free agency, then I'd move him at the drop of a hat.

dynastynut
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dynastynut » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:46 am

jsl0516 wrote:The line on Ivory was always that he was a better real life RB than fantasy RB. The first half of this season was the first time that both were true. However, a large part of that was Bilal Powell missing a few weeks and the Jets benefiting from playing weaker opponents. I expect the Jets to make a play to bring him back (note that Powell is also a FA), but I think you're probably looking at pre-2015 value again. He's a 2-down back who will always be playing in a committee. The 2nd half of this season laid to rest any notion that he's anything more (in fact, he was getting out-snapped by Powell towards the end of the season so it was worse than ever). Worse, the Jets are projected to have a much tougher schedule next year and won't benefit from the game scripts he was feasting on early in the season.

If somebody in your league gets excited about his landing spot in free agency, then I'd move him at the drop of a hat.

I get this.. and I'm not a huge Ivory fan. Just wanted to add one data point.. Profootballfocus had him graded out as the #3 RB on the year. I'm also trying to sell him though.

Witchit Straws
Starter
Starter

Postby Witchit Straws » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:38 pm

If i was buying i wouldn't give more than a mid to late 2nd..and that would entirely depend on who's available in the draft. Bilal outplayed him down the stretch
Garrapolo, Trubisky,
Mixon, R Freeman, T Cohen, L Miller, Mack, C Thompson, Breida, Powell, Abdullah
Arob, Landry, Cupp, Chris Godwin, Lockett, Zay Jones, Taywan Taylor,
Kelce, Kroft, Jesse James

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:14 pm

I own ivory and I wish I traded him halfway through last season.. I don't have high hopes for him in the future especially in ppr formats.. I hope I am wrong..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ImTroyMcclure
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ImTroyMcclure » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:29 pm

DynastyNut wrote:
jsl0516 wrote:The line on Ivory was always that he was a better real life RB than fantasy RB. The first half of this season was the first time that both were true. However, a large part of that was Bilal Powell missing a few weeks and the Jets benefiting from playing weaker opponents. I expect the Jets to make a play to bring him back (note that Powell is also a FA), but I think you're probably looking at pre-2015 value again. He's a 2-down back who will always be playing in a committee. The 2nd half of this season laid to rest any notion that he's anything more (in fact, he was getting out-snapped by Powell towards the end of the season so it was worse than ever). Worse, the Jets are projected to have a much tougher schedule next year and won't benefit from the game scripts he was feasting on early in the season.

I get this.. and I'm not a huge Ivory fan. Just wanted to add one data point.. Profootballfocus had him graded out as the #3 RB on the year. I'm also trying to sell him though.
He's always been highly rated by PFF because he breaks a lot of tackles and has a high elusive rating. That was my original point: he's a better real life RB than fantasy RB. His sudden spike in fantasy value earlier this year was a combo of positive game script/increased volume and playing on 3rd down with Powell being injured.

LaDarius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby LaDarius » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:21 pm

Witchit Straws wrote:If i was buying i wouldn't give more than a mid to late 2nd..and that would entirely depend on who's available in the draft. Bilal outplayed him down the stretch
Yeah, I agree. I'm not giving any more than this. He had a few good games to start the season, but faded down the stretch. I'm not paying a lot to get him.

Bishy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bishy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:19 am

I have Ivory in my second team in sig and am looking to move him. The owner of Calvin is spooked, so considering taking the gamble and sending him an offer of Ivory for Calvin. So I could end up hitting the jackpot if Calvin walks to a contender, or could end up with nothing if he retires. I think it is worth the gamble given my need at WR and surplus of RBs.
Bishy Blitz - reigning champions (2017)

16 Team 0.5PPR Dynasty League (2013 start-up)(25 roster slots)(1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 K, 1DEF)

QB - D.Brees, J.Flacco and J.McCown
RB - M.Gordon, J. Ajayi, T.J.Yeldon, G.Bernard, D.Washington (Oak), K.Drake, K.Farrow, M.Lynch
WR - J.Nelson, S.Watkins, A.Cooper, K.Allen, J.Gordon, T.Gabriel, M.Goodwin
TE - T.Kelce, W.Tye, L.Thomas and J.Cameron
K - R.Succop
DEF - Chiefs and Patriots

2017 Picks - 1.16, 3.16 and 5.16

Revis and Butthead

16 Team Standard Scoring (2014 League) (15 Roster Spots) (1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

QB - D.Carr and R.Tannehill
RB - T. Gurley, C.Hyde, D.Martin, and T.J.Yeldon
WR - A.J.Green, M.Jones, W.Fuller, M.Floyd, and S.Smith
TE - C.Brate and V.Davis
DEF - Patriots
K - N.Novak

2017 Draft Picks - 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01 and 5.01

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:24 am

So two thirds for Ivory... What do we think there?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:14 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:So two thirds for Ivory... What do we think there?
No. Hold there. Ivory is a FA why not hang on and see what happens. I dont like him in PPR setting at all but the likelihood of either 3rd rd pick amounting is not in your favor. Last year a stacked class has had 3 to arguably 5 3rd round rookie picks show anything at all on the field.
Those players
Langford
Lockett
Diggs
Rawls 3rd 4th
Karlos. 4th
Hold
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:41 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:So two thirds for Ivory... What do we think there?
I would pay that. He probably ends up as a 2 down back with about 10-15 carries a game as a starting point no matter where he ends up in FA with upside as a 3 down back.