What are our feelings on Langford going forward?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
gerg4747
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

What are our feelings on Langford going forward?

Postby gerg4747 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:53 am

Does everyone think he will be the guy? Or is he a sell high?

Seems like Forte isn't coming back. I guess there is always the possibility Chicago drafts competition.
12 Team Dynasty | [12 x 24] | 2015 Runner Up | 2016 Runner Up | 2020 Champion
.5 PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX, K, DEF

|QB| Kyler, Dak
|RB| Cook, Chubb, JRob, Jacobs, Pollard, Mattison, Jeff Wilson, Gallman, Ty’Son, Tony Jones, Rountree
|WR| DK, AJB, Nuk, Viska, Bryan Edwards
|TE| Kelce, Friarmuth
|K| Bass
|DEF| Pittsburgh
| 2022 |
| 2023 |
| 2024 |

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: What are our feelings on Langford going forward?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:57 am

I think he will be the starter and he should play well. I don't think he's a stud though. To me he's somewhere between Latavius Murray and Lamar Miller in terms of overall talent. If all goes well, i'll ride his production to a title next year (assuming the Bears don't bring in any heavy hitters in FA or the draft) and then sell high next offseason. That's the dream anyway :whistle:

Injured Reserve
Captain
Captain

Postby Injured Reserve » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 am

I have him in 15 player keeper league, team 2 in sig. As of now, I plan to keep him unless I get an offer too good to pass on. Maybe RB 10-15 range? Solid but unlikely to be this years Freeman, although I can always hope :D
Team 1- 10 team dynasty
Wilson, Rivers /Lacy, Martin, M.Jones, JStew /AJ Green, Allen, ARob, Gordon, Austin, Parker,Jones/ Kelce, Thomas, LGreen
Dareus /Heyward, Vernon, Fowler/Clowney, Anthony, TSmith, EKendricks, Collins /Darby, Jenkins/ Burnett, HSmith, Collins

Team 2-12 team keeper
Cousins/ Bell, Langford, Williams/ Beckham, K Allen, Moncrief, Parker/ Kelce
Quinn, Jackson, Lawrence/ TSmith, EKendricks, Dansby, Hicks/ Burnett

Team 3- 10 team dynasty
Brees, Flacco, Bridgewater, Goff/ Lacy, Abdullah, Yeldon, Ajayi, D.Washington, McKinnon, KRobinson/ Moncrief,DBG, K Bell, TBenjamin, Montgomery, Wright, Agholor, Sanu, Latimer, Sharpe/ Hooper, Ertz, Rodgers

Team 4- 10 team dynasty
Winston, Wentz, Manning, Tannehill/ Lacy, Matthews, Crowell, Jennings, Starks, Morris, Taliaferro, Smallwood, Sankey/ Evans, Watkins, Allen, Jordy, Agholor, Coleman, D.Smith, Pryor/ Gronk, Bennett, Higbee

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:36 pm

I think he's the starter next year and proved he could do it this season... If Forte leaves I believe he's a top 10 RB next season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

ImTroyMcclure
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ImTroyMcclure » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:51 pm

He's only averaging 3.7 YPC this year. A lot of his hype is tied to opportunity (which is justified to some extent) more so than elite talent or efficiency per se. That can sometimes turn into a bit of a house of cards if that opportunity goes away or maybe doesn't turn out to be exactly what everyone expected (see: Lacy, Eddie). That's not to say he won't be useful for you (considering if you have him, you probably only have like a 3rd round pick invested). I'm just saying he may not be the messiah some think he may be. If somebody was willing to pay me top 10 RB prices for him, then I'd be willing to move on.

Ditto for Matt Jones.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:00 pm

jsl0516 wrote:He's only averaging 3.7 YPC this year.
Not saying it's not a little worrisome, but he has been used in a lot of short yardage and goalline situations which inevitably lower your YPC. He's logged a better YPC since being given a larger share of the workload.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Darkness wrote:I think he will be the starter and he should play well. I don't think he's a stud though. To me he's somewhere between Latavius Murray and Lamar Miller in terms of overall talent. If all goes well, i'll ride his production to a title next year (assuming the Bears don't bring in any heavy hitters in FA or the draft) and then sell high next offseason. That's the dream anyway :whistle:
I'd say Latavius is a very good comparison. I think he has low end RB1 potential based on his volume, but his talent wont blow you away.

If you get the right deal I'd move Langford. Smart play though is to hold, hope he gets 250+ touches and sell him as a RB1 next season.

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:33 pm

I've been one of the biggest Langford slappies around for a long time. I fully expect him to take over as the starter next year and run with it. Do I think he will be the next AP? No. But I do think he has Forte type upside and his floor as a starter is somewhere near a D Martin or L Miller. I don't think he is a sell high and honestly since people are still "worried" about him he might actually still be a decent buy low right now depending on the owner.

I'm not saying Langford is elite but I love his overall game and think his game goes well with CHI's offense. He's an above average talent, in a GREAT situation. If Jeffrey is back and K White actually plays next year, I think that will only draw more attention away from Langford and open things up for him

While the 3.7 YPC is a small concern, as Darkness said I think Langford's short yardage and goaline usage plays a factor in that and he has upped his YPC slightly since getting more touches. Also keep in mind that Forte has only average 4 YPC behind that same O-Line, so I think its more of an O-line issue vs Langford himself

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:47 pm

Detroitcity wrote:I've been one of the biggest Langford slappies around for a long time. I fully expect him to take over as the starter next year and run with it. Do I think he will be the next AP? No. But I do think he has Forte type upside and his floor as a starter is somewhere near a D Martin or L Miller. I don't think he is a sell high and honestly since people are still "worried" about him he might actually still be a decent buy low right now depending on the owner.

I'm not saying Langford is elite but I love his overall game and think his game goes well with CHI's offense. He's an above average talent, in a GREAT situation. If Jeffrey is back and K White actually plays next year, I think that will only draw more attention away from Langford and open things up for him

While the 3.7 YPC is a small concern, as Darkness said I think Langford's short yardage and goaline usage plays a factor in that and he has upped his YPC slightly since getting more touches. Also keep in mind that Forte has only average 4 YPC behind that same O-Line, so I think its more of an O-line issue vs Langford himself
Everything you said is about right... I also want to remind folks who had doubted another Michigan State back because he was just a "Volume guy", or what have you...

I'm not saying Langford IS Bell, but he could have a similar opportunity to become that type of Bell cow back IMO...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:01 pm

good point about kevin white. if hes any good at all it should open things up in the run game.

sehon4
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby sehon4 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Jeremy Langford will be Chicago's starter for the future. Unfortunately for 30 year old Forte, his injury gave Langford a change to showcase his talent and so Forte would not be brought back unless they can sign him for veteran minimum and that won't happen because there are teams that can use his talent and will give him more money. The rookie running back class this year is weak outside of Elliot and Henry. Chicago will not spent a high draft pick on either of those when they need help on both the offensive line (which will improve blocking for both Cutler and Forte) and defensive line which will improve the defense lower opponents scoring ability and allow them to pound the ball more. Langford has demonstrated that he is an all purpose 4 down back and has the speed 4.42-40 to take the rock to the house every time he touches the ball. He is also an effective inside runner.

If given the opportunity, and I believe that he will be given every chance to succeed, I see him as at least a top 15 back.
12 team dynasty, Protect 13 players annually, plus 3 2yr psquad- Max 4RB, Max 5WR, Max 3QB, Max 2TE, Max 1K, Max 1Def, Max 1 Flex. Roster size 18 plus 3 IR & 3 PSquad-3 2yr Psquad(signed for 2 years)
QB-Justin Hebert, Jordan Love
Derek Carr
RB-Alvin Kamara, Javonte Williams, Bijan Robinson, Chuba Hubbard
WR- Mike Williams, D.K Metcalf, Tim Higgins, Terry McLaurin, Jayden Reed Michael Gallup
2yr PSquad Jameson Williams, Marvin Mims Jr. , John Metchie III
TE- George Kittle, Cole Kmet, Dalton Kincaid
2015 League Champions (finally)
2009 2nd place, 2010 2nd place, 2014 2nd place, 2018 2nd place, 2020 2nd place
2012 3rd place, 2019 3rd place
2023 rookie draft picks: 1.01; 2.01; 2.05; 2.08; 3.02; 3.10; 4.12; 5.01
Traded Aaron Rodgers and Khilil Herbert for Jameson Williams & pick 3.02 rookie draft
Traded 2.08, 3.02, 3.10, 2024 3rd round and 2025 3rd round for Javonte Williams

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:25 pm

Darkness wrote:
jsl0516 wrote:He's only averaging 3.7 YPC this year.
Not saying it's not a little worrisome, but he has been used in a lot of short yardage and goalline situations which inevitably lower your YPC. He's logged a better YPC since being given a larger share of the workload.
I am a little surprised more people have not beat him up over this when compared to a guy like Gordon who really took it on the chin from a lot of people this year. Maybe expectations are playing a role here. YPC is not everything as there a lot of factors that play a large role in it besides player ability but his elusive rating and YAC were not particularly good the last time I viewed them either. It just seems like his big fantasy days trumped his lack of efficiency for a lot of people. I am still expecting very nice things from Langford next year if he gets the starting role where he will get to show off his pass catching and big play ability.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:38 pm

If a few of the leagues I am playing in mostly 16 teams he is being valued at top 1-3 or higher at this point.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:58 pm

I like him. He has top 10 potential in PPR leagues.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:23 am

What's a sound offer for Langford in your guys minds? In term of rookie picks or even a player not sure how to value. Him yet . I really like what I saw from him reminds me of a young forte
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin