Jimmy Garappolo 2QBL Value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RockandRollJames
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Jimmy Garappolo 2QBL Value

Postby RockandRollJames » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:21 pm

2 QB League (QB QB RB RB WR WR FLEX FLEX TE K DST). 25 roster spots, 10 teams.

I've got Rivers, Big Ben, McCown and am interested in getting a young QB, and think Jimmy Garappolo could come cheap, may even get a chance to start somewhere by the time some of my guys retire.

What's his value in draft picks? Not really sure where to even start. Or is he not even rosterable in this format?

Bison
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Jimmy Garappolo 2QBL Value

Postby Bison » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:01 am

He's not eligible for free agency until 2018, and if Brady stays healthy that's his first opportunity to MAYBE see the field probably for someone other than NE if Brady's retirement comments (wants to play for another 10 years) are genuine.

I'd say there is a fair chance he never becomes anything more than a back up and you'll have to wait for a couple more seasons to find out if someone wants to give him a shot. And if it's a weak team he may not get a very good shake at that.

Too much risk for me, maybe pick up on waivers, but I certainly wouldn't give up any picks. I would rather draft a QB or two the next couple of drafts.