Which team is best?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
megager
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Which team is best?

Postby megager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:12 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:49 am
dirkey wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:05 am You'll find that megager is a very respected poster on here.
His argument is based on a Dez Bryant comp that doesn't fit, and a sensationalized take on Aaron Jones TD regression that he hasn't responded to.
Sorry I didn't respond further to the Aaron Jones TD regression arguement as I don't believe it warrants further discussion..It is inevitable. The Packers told you all you need to know about Jones long term role in Green Bay by drafting a running back in the second rd.
I'm not comping Evans to Dez...I just have a feeling a decline is coming and it could be precipitous. He is no longer the 1 on his team.
I stand by Hopkins will see less targets so will need more TDs to reproduce his stellar Houston production. I also said that could happen.
Instant by my advice on Kupp.
Your team is very good but roster blindness could cost you championships.

I won't respond to you further.

Thanks and best of luck for the season.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:16 am

megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:12 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:49 am
dirkey wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:05 am You'll find that megager is a very respected poster on here.
His argument is based on a Dez Bryant comp that doesn't fit, and a sensationalized take on Aaron Jones TD regression that he hasn't responded to.
Sorry I didn't respond further to the Aaron Jones TD regression arguement as I don't believe it warrants further discussion..It is inevitable. The Packers told you all you need to know about Jones long term role in Green Bay by drafting a running back in the second rd.
I'm not comping Evans to Dez...I just have a feeling a decline is coming and it could be precipitous. He is no longer the 1 on his team.
I stand by Hopkins will see less targets so will need more TDs to reproduce his stellar Houston production. I also said that could happen.
Instant by my advice on Kupp.
Your team is very good but roster blindness could cost you championships.

I won't respond to you further.

Thanks and best of luck for the season.

dirkey wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:57 am Read what he said about Dez again. He didn't compare them. He said he gets a "Dez Bryant vibe, ie, unexpected fall off a cliff". Didn't compare them as players, it's just his feeling, his opinion, that something like that might happen. I happen to have the same inkling. I've been offered to trade for him a few times and I've been scared off for that reason. It's a personal thing.

His take on Aaron Jones is not remotely sensationalized. It's basically known around the league that his TD regression is going to happen. If you feel it won't ... fair enough. We'll see.

Regardless of what you feel about his posts on here, he is well regarded on this forum, you can trust me on that. Don't decree various posters as respected and others not simply because you don't like the opinions that are put forth when you ask a question.

I've seen this in at least 3 threads from you that you've started. Asked a question, completely disagreed / disregarded all answers. It feels like you ask questions so that you can come and tell people who respond what they should be thinking, and why they're wrong.
"He depends so much on physicality to win . I'm not saying it will happen but I get Dez Bryant vibes there..ie an unexpected fall off at a young age."

He is saying that his reasoning for that vibe is that both players used physicality to win. While Evans is great at using his body to win contested catches, if you think he doesnt create separation at all levels with his route running and skill, I dont honestly believe you have watched him play. Dez was pure physicality. He never created much separation, even in his prime. Once he stopped winning enough 50/50 balls his stats dropped. He was let go by Dallas because of his behavior in the locker room. He was signed by New Orleans and tore his Achilles, which was a death sentence for his career. I dont see any reason for the comparison. Dez Bryant lost his career because he was a locker room diva, could never separate, and then tore his Achilles. None of those things apply to Mike Evans. It's pure conjecture that holds no weight in player value.

You didn't read my post on Aaron Jones? Here I'll just share it again..

"All anybody wants to talk about with Jones is TD regression. But nobody mentions that he was the 2nd most effective fantasy running back per touch (behind CMC). He had the 2nd highest ypc against stacked boxes (behind Mostert). He has been the single most efficient running back inside the 10 yard line since he entered the league, and he is coming off an overall rb2 finish. We're talking about an elite talent at his prime age on a team committed to the run. Green Bay has shown interest in resigning him, so his lingering contract extension is an indication of their cap situation rather than Jones as a player.

If he has another good season his sell window will still be open next offseason. There are negatives, but they have been sensationalized to the point that he's become undervalued."

Point is, Jones doesn't need to score 19 touchdowns again for him to be a rb1. If he cuts those in half going forward hes still a low rb1 going forward, which makes him a fantastic rb3 for my purposes.

I dont have roster blindness. Dynasty requires a blend of prime talent and future assets. Too much in either direction is not a good thing. I'm just trying to help you. You are the one with the blinders. Looking only 5 years down the road and not preparing for an upcoming season with quality, proven talent will not win your league. I have shopped all of the players we discussed. I could get future assets for them if I wanted. I don't. Because the fact is these type of players will be on a lot of championship rosters, and there sell window isnt closing in 6 months. And Jones having a sell high window is a myth. He was never valued where you think he was by anybody but Tacos.

I never called anybody stupid.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:33 am

Summary of thread
1. Which team is the best? I'll give you a clue it's mine. It's great it's really a great team. I got the best team.
2. OP claims he posted thread for discussion. I suspect he expected unanimous glowing admiration and praise.
3. When people offer honest appraisal and advice OP throws toys out of pram and starts arguing and throwing insults. Not limited to this thread
4. If you don't agree with OP he questions your intelligence and suggests you've never watched player play.

If you don't want advice or opinions then don't ask.

I'm sorry to all the other members on the site for this rant and for posting excessively on this thread which really has no merit on an excellent forum as this.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:35 am

megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:33 am Summary of thread
1. Which team is the best? I'll give you a clue it's mine. It's great it's really a great team. I got the best team.
2. OP claims he posted thread for discussion. I suspect he expected unanimous glowing admiration and praise.
3. When people offer honest appraisal and advice OP throws toys out of pram and starts arguing and throwing insults. Not limited to this thread
4. If you don't agree with OP he questions your intelligence and suggests you've never watched player play.

I'm sorry to all the other members on the site for this rant and for posting excessively on this thread which really has no merit on an excellent forum as this.
+1
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:46 am

Thought were were done responding?

Again, I am under no obligation to take your advice. Some times I take it, some times I dont. I rejected the idea that team 2 has more long term value. I gave my reasons why, you got mad about it. I'm allowed to disagree. I think I made a lot of good points that have still gone unanswered.
I don't think it's wise to build based off of conjecture. I was literally told this isn't the place for "facts".

I just punched in our rosters in to a couple trade calculators. It was overwhelming in favor of team 1. I could buy his whole lot if I wanted it, but what I have is better.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:55 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:46 am I just punched in our rosters in to a couple trade calculators. It was overwhelming in favor of team 1. I could buy his whole lot if I wanted it, but what I have is better.

:clap:
Tm 1

Tm 2

Tm 3

Tm 4

Tm 5

Tm 6

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am

abloom wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:55 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:46 am I just punched in our rosters in to a couple trade calculators. It was overwhelming in favor of team 1. I could buy his whole lot if I wanted it, but what I have is better.

Smug

You act like that is my only point. Meanwhile you ignore my points and post emojis.

The fact that you're still lurking shows you're not over it. So tell me again how team 2 is better long term if I should t break Saquon down in to smaller pieces? Break it down piece by piece, slot by slot.

You don't get it. Exposed.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:19 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am

Smug

You act like that is my only point. Meanwhile you ignore my points and post emojis.

The fact that you're still lurking shows you're not over it. So tell me again how team 2 is better long term if I should t break Saquon down in to smaller pieces? Break it down piece by piece, slot by slot.

I don't think i even said it was a point.
Still responding to me? Obviously you're not over my opinions. This will be the last post for me here though, just getting bored of you not reading.

you don't get it. Exposed.
Tm 1

Tm 2

Tm 3

Tm 4

Tm 5

Tm 6

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:21 am

abloom wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:19 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am

Smug

I don't think i even said it was a point.
Still responding to me? Obviously you're not over my opinions. This will be the last post for me here though, just getting bored of you not reading.

you don't get it. Exposed.
What are you, 12 years old repeating me?

Facts aren't welcome here.

dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dirkey » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:19 am

Why didn't you just plug all the values into a calculator initially? The only "discussion" you value is with those who agree with you, as all you do is get annoyed with anyone who has the temerity to pick a different team than yours, and tell them that they're wrong.
12 Team, 25-man Roster (2 IR), Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

QB: Ryan, Tua, Fitzpatrick.
RB: McCaffrey, Chubb, Gibson, Gaskin, Bernard, Mack, Edwards, Hines, Kerryon.
WR: Hopkins, Moore, Chark, Landry, Chase, Waddle, Amon-Ra, Parker, Gallup, Shepard.
TE: Ebron, Higbee, Herndon.

Draft Picks
2022: 1st, 2nd, 2nd.
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
2024: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd.

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Postby Hahaclintondix » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:32 am

Give me team 2 or 3 because we know the owner likely isn’t a whiny baby who cries when he’s told he’s wrong.

I’d bet the farm he’s a basement kid.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:50 pm

That about sums it up, nice work Megager.

This is a troll thread guys. Lets just report to mods and let them handle it, he's just looking to stir and doesn't want to engage in good faith.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Lol, no discussion wanted here. Blatant lies posted by megager.

It's pretty frustrating when I write a post and support my opinion with stats and facts that is ignored. Then I am called a "baby" for disagreeing and told that this isn't the forum for "facts". What a joke. I haven't called anybody names, but I have been called several. Maybe I should be the one reporting to the mods?

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 pm

dirkey wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:19 am Why didn't you just plug all the values into a calculator initially? The only "discussion" you value is with those who agree with you, as all you do is get annoyed with anyone who has the temerity to pick a different team than yours, and tell them that they're wrong.
All I did was back my opinion with stats and facts. Those posts were met with name calling and these type of thread derailing comments.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:57 am

OK this was a first for me. This thread was reported several different times by several different people for several different posts. The topic has been derailed, and now we're entering a world of petty arguments and belittling that will result in nothing further that will be helpful to the topic.

It will be locked.

Dear OP: If you post looking for opinions, you can't get upset/mad if someone replies with something you disagree with.
Dear Others: If OP asks for clarification, you can give what you think or simply move on. You don't need to escalate and belittle.

Play nice! :)
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134