James Robinson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

James Robinson

Postby Lordchay » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:29 pm

14 Team league PPR TE Premium league

I've started 1-4 with my first win coming this week but I'm not expecting to make a comeback. I have James Robinson and been debating on putting him up to trade.

1. Would you hold him or sell? He is young, Urban might be gone and who knows what will happen next year even with Etinenne. He has shown he can put up numbers when given a full load.

2. If you sell, what would you require back? Would only a late 1st next year be enough or would you want more?

Thanks!
Too many teams to list here... :lol:

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: James Robinson

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:14 pm

You could always put him on the block and hope for an overpay and gauge the risk of holding versus the reward of trading based on the offer/offers. Next years class does not look great but a mid 1st would be solid return with the knowing Etienne will be back next year.

Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lordchay » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:30 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:14 pm You could always put him on the block and hope for an overpay and gauge the risk of holding versus the reward of trading based on the offer/offers. Next years class does not look great but a mid 1st would be solid return with the knowing Etienne will be back next year.
That's kinda what I'm thinking. A mid First value is about what I would want while a low first just doesn't seem like enough because he is only 23 and they could do a Thunder/Lightening type deal next year with ETN.

Trevormortis
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Trevormortis » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:14 pm You could always put him on the block and hope for an overpay and gauge the risk of holding versus the reward of trading based on the offer/offers. Next years class does not look great but a mid 1st would be solid return with the knowing Etienne will be back next year.
Agree with mid first value. I might target a Jeudy like player as well. I always worry about longevity of UDFA RB's. Jordan Howard comes to mind... I'd sell.
Team 1. 12 team. 1 PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX 2017 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st
QB - Watson, G. Smith
RB - Henry, Ekeler, Kamara, D. Pierce, AJ Dillon, J. McLaughlin, Gainwell
WR - J. Jefferson, Diggs, AJ Brown, T. Higgins, M. Thomas, Cooks, Bateman, R. Moore, C. Tillman, J. Hyatt, D. Parker
TE - Kelce, J. Ferguson
2024 - 1,2,3,4,5
2025 - 1,2,3,4,5

Team 2. 12 team. .5 PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX 2019 1st, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd, 2023 Full rebuild mode
QB - Tua
RB - T. Spears, Z. Charbonnet, C. Hubbard, R. Rivers, D. Vaughn, J. Kelly, Chubb (IR)
WR - London, J. Downs, R. Rice, Burks, J. Jeudy, A. Pierce, C. Tillman, R. Bell, D. Parker, D. Slayton, Cooks
TE - J. Ferguson
2024 - 1,1,1,2,2,2
2025 - 1,1,2,2,5

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:53 pm

I also have JRob and his value intrigues and scares me all at the same time. He has done amazing in his first year and a quarter. It's already looking like there will be a new coaching staff after a hand full of games into the season. So this could be good or bad, new staff that isn't tied to either JRob or ETN and they will let they best player play regardless of draft pedigree. But a new staff may come in and "clean house" and get rid of a bunch of player. So with that if I can get a mid first for him I'd move him asap.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Bmoneyjones
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bmoneyjones » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:51 pm

Tough to say... it also comes down to if your competing. It’s nearly impossible to find running backs with as much oppurtunity as he gets. If I’m competing I’m holding as value most likely won’t be there. If I’m not, I’d take a late first or preferably package with a pick to get a more proven player

jobiegermano
Captain
Captain

Postby jobiegermano » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:08 pm

You might try a 1st + 2nd if the 1st looks to be late round.
Bling Dyna$ty:
10 Owners, Single QB, Non-PPR, TDs = 6
16 Player Roster, 2 Year Taxi Squad
10 Keepers, 2 Round Rookie Draft, 6 Round Supplemental Auction
$100 Combined Auction/FAAB Dollar Base
Lineup: QB, 2xRB, 2xWR, TE, RWT(FLEX), DEF, K

QB: P. Mahomes, B. Mayfield
RB: C. McCaffrey, D. Montgomery, R. Mostert, Jeff Wilson Jr., R. Dowdle, D'Ernest Johnson
WR: D. Moore, P. Nacua, S. Diggs, K. Allen
TE: T. Kelce, I. Likely
K: B. Aubrey
DEF: Browns
IR: N/A
Taxi: N/A

2024 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 0 x 1st & 0 x 2nd
2024 Auction/FAAB: $100
2025 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 0 x 1st & 0 x 2nd
2025 Auction/FAAB: $100
2026 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 1 x 1st & 1 x 2nd
2026 Auction/FAAB: $100

doublesticks
Role Player
Role Player

Postby doublesticks » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:26 am

Through 5 weeks, I’m still the highest scoring team, but sit at 1-4.

I made a move last night to shake it up a bit and help my WR depth.

Traded Robinson for a 2nd and Aiyuk.

The 2nd is coming from the worst team in the league, who has been riding big games from Allen, JT and now Chase to some stupid scores so far. His 2nd RB in a normal week is one of Fournette or Mattison.

Bottom line, it’s a 14 player salary cap keeper, JRob is behind CMC, Chubb and Hunt on my roster and I have Javonte, Dillon and Gainwell waiting in the wings.

Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lordchay » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:30 pm

I ended up accepting a trade of Ayiuk & Amon Ra St.Brown

It was the best on the table, I could've waited till closer to the deadline but with the injury bug hitting everyone it seems like, I took what was decent value. I'm hoping Ayiuk can turn it around and come back.

I'm hoping to rebound next year. I still have a decent core in this league:

Lamar Jackson & Mac Jones @ QB

CEH, Montgomery, Elijah Mitchell & Ramondre Stevenson @ RB

Ayiuk, Sutton, Godwin, Pascal, Ruggs, St. Brown, Collins @ WR

Andrews @TE

I also have 3x 1sts next year and it is a 14 team league. I plan on trying to target RBs. Just this year hasn't gone my way.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:07 am

I like the trade for you in a down year. Really like aiyuk and you never know how things play out in Detroit.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:58 am

JRob is the next Frank Gore. Hold him. A mid-1st gives you Trey Sermon if lucky. The 2022 draft is a mess. The track record of a rookie going on season ending IR amounting to anything is remote at best…and I sadly say that as a Jags fan. No way would I take Etienne over JRob…not even close. Could you imagine if the Jags actually manage to be an average to good team? JRob is going nowhere.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Let me change the OP's question. People are still in denial about JRob. It's insane.

What if I told you there was a rookie RB who finished in the top ten in fantasy scoring last year.
What if I told you that same RB was well on his way to another top ten season in year 2 and is still only 23.

What would you price that guy at?

Stop denying JRob's value and stop selling him on the cheap, folks. On the other end - if you don't have him... steal him from the deniers as fast as you can.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins