Is this collusion?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Is this collusion?

Postby mzkp54 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:47 pm

New league this year on sleeper. Superflex, TE premium. One owner (who lost Tua and only had one QB and now lost CMC) has not posted on the chat once, or even looked at it. He has not responded to any trade offers or DMs from anyone. He is a friend of someone in the league. The commissioner asked that guy to talk to him about responding to trade offers.

A few hours later, this trade goes through.

Invisible owner gives: Russell Wilson, Dalls Goedert. ‘22’1st, ‘24 2nd

His friend gives: Tannehill, Cousins, ‘23 5th

Invisible owner still hasn’t responded to or opened the chat or any DMs as people discuss how awful the trade is.

I feel like it’s kind of messed up that he has only one person he will talk to or trade with and it’s so lopsided. Would you consider this collusion and worthy of acting on?
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- Kyler, TLaw Stafford
RB-
WR- JJ, Lamb, ARSB, DJM, Kirk QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Wilkins, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Landry Ebukam
LB- Campbell,Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.02, 1.11
3 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Is this collusion?

Postby RAB » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:57 pm

I would stop short of calling it collusion. He's trading one starting QB for 2 because he lost Tua. It's just an awful trade that is the result of a team owner that is not engaged and clearly doesn't want to be involved as much as everyone else. It only takes one of these guys to ruin a league.
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Collusion is basically impossible to prove (you don't have access to his phone or dms). This is why I'm a firm believer that leagues should have rules for vetoing lopsided trades, regardless whether it's collusion or not.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:50 pm

No. If the 22 1st wasn’t included, I’m not sure which side I would want. I am sure we have all seen much worse trades than this.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:07 pm

I've seen worst trades than this I'd be looking for a new owner regardless tho if hes not responding to anyone else in the league and isn't active
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 pm

The issue is the other owner not engaging with the league. An owner certainly does not have to trade but responding to trade message or offers is a minimum for a dynasty league to be successful. It's not a great trade but I dont think there is any way to prove collusion here. Certainly sounds like a less than good owner for a dynasty league though.

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:40 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 pm The issue is the other owner not engaging with the league. An owner certainly does not have to trade but responding to trade message or offers is a minimum for a dynasty league to be successful. It's not a great trade but I dont think there is any way to prove collusion here. Certainly sounds like a less than good owner for a dynasty league though.
This sounds right
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:38 pm

repkllrs wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:50 pm No. If the 22 1st wasn’t included, I’m not sure which side I would want. I am sure we have all seen much worse trades than this.
++

mzkp54 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:47 pm One owner (who lost Tua and only had one QB and now lost CMC) has not posted on the chat once, or even looked at it. He has not responded to any trade offers or DMs from anyone. He is a friend of someone in the league. The commissioner asked that guy to talk to him about responding to trade offers.
Not too unusual. A guy joins a league where he knows only one other owner. He chooses to lay low and get a feel for the other owners before squawking a lot on the chat board - some guys enter a room loud, some are more reticent. No big deal there.

I question how many trade offers he received. From the quote above, it could be 20 or 1 - it simply says "he has not responded." And if it's more offers from 2 other owners, how do we really know he didn't respond to any of the offers? Maybe he received two lowball offers and didn't feel they deserved a response? Maybe he's received 6 offers, responded to 2, and the other 4 guys are whining because they didn't get a response to their lowball offers.

Then the league sort of demands he engage more in trade talks. So the guy who has only one 1QB in a SF league makes a trade that gives him 2QBs ... AND NOW THE SAME PEOPLE WHO COMPLAINED HE NEVER MAKES TRADES WANT TO ACCUSE HIM OF COLLUSION??!?!!?

If I was the new guy, I wouldn't want to play in this league any more. I might even ask to be allowed to leave immediately and get a refund. The other guys seem too uptight.

Disclaimer: I don't believe any owner is obligated to make any trades, respond to any offers, or post on chat boards. The only thing I expect of owners in my leagues is that they pay their fees, don't autodraft, enter a starting lineup every week that doesn't include injured players or players on byes, and manage their team via waivers and free agency. That's it.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:15 am

Nothing screams collusion here.

Your league should have rules outlining expected communication and responses to trades.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm

The problem I see here is there is no way anyone should be able to trade a 2024 first in 2021. If you want to trade a future first in my league you have to pay that years dues so you don’t bail on the league.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:24 am

mzkp54 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:47 pm New league this year on sleeper. Superflex, TE premium. One owner (who lost Tua and only had one QB and now lost CMC) has not posted on the chat once, or even looked at it. He has not responded to any trade offers or DMs from anyone. He is a friend of someone in the league. The commissioner asked that guy to talk to him about responding to trade offers.

A few hours later, this trade goes through.

Invisible owner gives: Russell Wilson, Dalls Goedert. ‘22’1st, ‘24 2nd

His friend gives: Tannehill, Cousins, ‘23 5th

Invisible owner still hasn’t responded to or opened the chat or any DMs as people discuss how awful the trade is.

I feel like it’s kind of messed up that he has only one person he will talk to or trade with and it’s so lopsided. Would you consider this collusion and worthy of acting on?
Nothing you have said suggests collusion. Just a bad owner.

jobiegermano
Captain
Captain

Postby jobiegermano » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:45 am

I don’t believe collusion exists in dynasty leagues, I mean outside of a team trading all their starters to a friend for all their bench… but even then many game plans are years out. In a redraft, if you trade away all your stars for someone’s junk, that’s likely collusion, but in dynasty it could just be a team throwing the year to get the R1P1 and start a rebuild. In dynasty, I wouldn’t blink an eye if someone traded Henry, CMC, Nuk, and Kelce all for future picks. That sounds insane, but for enough picks (and the right picks), they could have just landed Najee, Etienne, Jovante, Chase, Bateman, and Pitts! Could be the start of a 5+ year dynasty.

There’s no collusion in dynasty unless someone offers non-fantasy assets like money, etc.
Bling Dyna$ty:
10 Owners, Single QB, Non-PPR, TDs = 6
16 Player Roster, 2 Year Taxi Squad
10 Keepers, 2 Round Rookie Draft, 6 Round Supplemental Auction
$100 Combined Auction/FAAB Dollar Base
Lineup: QB, 2xRB, 2xWR, TE, RWT(FLEX), DEF, K

QB: P. Mahomes, B. Mayfield
RB: C. McCaffrey, D. Montgomery, R. Mostert, Jeff Wilson Jr., R. Dowdle, D'Ernest Johnson
WR: D. Moore, P. Nacua, S. Diggs, K. Allen
TE: T. Kelce, I. Likely
K: B. Aubrey
DEF: Browns
IR: N/A
Taxi: N/A

2024 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 0 x 1st & 0 x 2nd
2024 Auction/FAAB: $100
2025 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 0 x 1st & 0 x 2nd
2025 Auction/FAAB: $100
2026 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 1 x 1st & 1 x 2nd
2026 Auction/FAAB: $100

cptjonesb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cptjonesb » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:50 am

Not collusion.

it is a 2 for 1 QB swap in a SF league. Actually Cousins is outscoring Wilson this year. I agree not really a great trade, but if you need a 2nd QB you gotta do what you gotta do.

Also Cousins is criminally underrated in fantasy.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 am

cptjonesb wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:50 am Not collusion.

it is a 2 for 1 QB swap in a SF league. Actually Cousins is outscoring Wilson this year. I agree not really a great trade, but if you need a 2nd QB you gotta do what you gotta do.

Also Cousins is criminally underrated in fantasy.
This

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:20 am

Not to insult the OP, but this sounds a bit like frustration talking because he hasn't responded to your trades and you think they were stronger than what he landed on. This isn't collusion at all to me. Not a trade I would make, but can see why it was made.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts