Return yard boosts

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Return yard boosts

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:16 pm

I’m sure I could scour the internet for this but figured people here would know. What players get the biggest boosts in leagues that reward punt and kick return yard points?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Return yard boosts

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Honestly, the guys that get the return yards aren't regular players. I mean maybe Andre Roberts is rosterable? Maybe Henry Ruggs?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:39 pm

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ... yards/desc

As you can see by this list, there aren't many on there who are reliable fantasy assets. Hines maybe in ppr? Reagor and Aiyuk have potential if they continue returning punts. Diontae Johnson or Lamb would be two high value WR who returned punts last year that I can think of...but as owners of both i'd prefer they didnt....

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:55 pm

A. Robert's, Agnew and Patterson were the top 3 return yards guys in 2020.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Guys that came to mind that have value already are Hines, Hardman, and Lamb.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:53 pm

CGW wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:39 pm https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ... yards/desc

As you can see by this list, there aren't many on there who are reliable fantasy assets. Hines maybe in ppr? Reagor and Aiyuk have potential if they continue returning punts. Diontae Johnson or Lamb would be two high value WR who returned punts last year that I can think of...but as owners of both i'd prefer they didnt....
I guess I made the assumption they wouldn't be in that role now that they took the step at WR, I could be wrong
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:46 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:53 pm
CGW wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:39 pm https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ... yards/desc

I guess I made the assumption they wouldn't be in that role now that they took the step at WR, I could be wrong
This is not a bad assumption. One of the reasons I targeted Tyreek after his rookie year in a return league and he no longer returned kicks after the expanded receiving role. Hines has been spotty too despite insane stats returning punts (see end of 2019). Very hard to predict. Hardman could lose that too with an expanded role after Sammy. Best to consider but not put too much stock in it.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:48 pm

Cohen was performing some return duties prior to last year. With CPatt gone, that has additional potential to occur again. Maybe not, but maybe so.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:23 pm

HughHoney wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:46 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:53 pm

This is not a bad assumption. One of the reasons I targeted Tyreek after his rookie year in a return league and he no longer returned kicks after the expanded receiving role. Hines has been spotty too despite insane stats returning punts (see end of 2019). Very hard to predict. Hardman could lose that too with an expanded role after Sammy. Best to consider but not put too much stock in it.
I was thinking to not value it much but it’s a deep best ball league so I want to do my due diligence for late picks.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:26 pm

Out of curiosity, how much do return yards count for? In my leagues, we do .04/yard for punt returns and .02/yard for kick returns. It’s a nice little bonus if you have a guy who’s active in the return game, but I think counting them the same as rushing or receiving yards is overkill. I’m 47 years old and ran an 8.05-second 40 at our rookie draft in May, and I’m pretty sure even I could return a kickoff to the 10. Haha. No way should that be worth a full point.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0