Aiyuk or Jeudy

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick one

Aiyuk
43%
Jerry
58%

Total votes: 40

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Aiyuk or Jeudy

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:00 pm

atlmoneyman wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:13 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:03 pm
atlmoneyman wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:28 pm Jeudy. Aiyuk did very little last year when Kittle and Deebo were active.
I have heard a several people say this recently, and I am not sure where it is coming from. There were only two games all year where all three players were on the field for at least 63% of the snaps (Week 5 and Week 6). In Week 5, all three players put up less than 9 fantasy points in PPR. The entire team only had 16 receptions combined that week. The following week, Jimmy G was back, and all three players scored a touchdown, but Deebo and Kittle had significantly more targets. We only have that one week where all three players played the majority of the snaps and those two overshadowed Aiyuk. That game happened very early in his rookie season following a majorly atypical offseason. I don’t understand how that becomes “Aiyuk doesn’t produce when the other two are on the field.” That seems like way too much of an extrapolation based on one game.
Hmm. I think your stats actually support my point.
I agree that what you said is true. My counterpoint is that we only have two games as a sample size to evaluate performance with all three players on the field, and one of those is tainted by abnormally poor quarterback play. Two games is a very small sample size to draw the conclusion that Aiyuk will not produce well going forward as long as Deebo and Kittle are both healthy just because he didn’t in these two games.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:12 pm

In the 6 games Aiyuk and Kittle were both on the field, Aiyuk got 27 targets.
In the 6 games Aiyuk was on the field without Kittle, Aiyuk got 69 targets.
Give me Jeudy.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 pm

I'm as low as anyone on Jeudy, and I choose Jeudy here. For the record, I'm not "low" on Jeudy. Just lower than everyone else.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:43 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:00 pm
atlmoneyman wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:13 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:03 pm

I have heard a several people say this recently, and I am not sure where it is coming from. There were only two games all year where all three players were on the field for at least 63% of the snaps (Week 5 and Week 6). In Week 5, all three players put up less than 9 fantasy points in PPR. The entire team only had 16 receptions combined that week. The following week, Jimmy G was back, and all three players scored a touchdown, but Deebo and Kittle had significantly more targets. We only have that one week where all three players played the majority of the snaps and those two overshadowed Aiyuk. That game happened very early in his rookie season following a majorly atypical offseason. I don’t understand how that becomes “Aiyuk doesn’t produce when the other two are on the field.” That seems like way too much of an extrapolation based on one game.
Hmm. I think your stats actually support my point.
I agree that what you said is true. My counterpoint is that we only have two games as a sample size to evaluate performance with all three players on the field, and one of those is tainted by abnormally poor quarterback play. Two games is a very small sample size to draw the conclusion that Aiyuk will not produce well going forward as long as Deebo and Kittle are both healthy just because he didn’t in these two games.
I never said that Aiyuk wouldn’t produce. I said he hasn’t done much with the two guys on the field who I feel will be ahead of him in the targets order. And in what will be a running offense since 49ers defense will be healthy and they can go back to the run people to death and play defense formula. Jimmy G had 8 pass attempts in a playoff game a couple years ago under that formula.

I would prefer Jeudy. His team will either be terrible and need to pass a lot in losses…or they will make a trade for Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson.

So yean man…Jeudy over Aiyuk for me.

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:43 pm

repkllrs wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:12 pm In the 6 games Aiyuk and Kittle were both on the field, Aiyuk got 27 targets.
In the 6 games Aiyuk was on the field without Kittle, Aiyuk got 69 targets.
Give me Jeudy.
This…

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:10 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:35 pm I think Jeudy is a far better player, who had the drops last year. I want him everytime
It’s kinda funny to see someone say jeudy is the far better player. Honestly. It’s funny. I get if you want him more or whatever. But it’s just a bad message to say jeudy is far better than Aiyuk. Lol yikes.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Zhoward88 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:10 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:35 pm I think Jeudy is a far better player, who had the drops last year. I want him everytime
It’s kinda funny to see someone say jeudy is the far better player. Honestly. It’s funny. I get if you want him more or whatever. But it’s just a bad message to say jeudy is far better than Aiyuk. Lol yikes.
Both had bad QB play, jeudy caught 53 of 113 targets. Less TDs, and issues with drops. That comes off as a far better player than 90 targets for 60 receptions and more TDs with less drops?
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

MaddMadden
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MaddMadden » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Jeudy by a mile.
10 team half-PPR league. Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX, K, 2DE, DT, 2LB, S, CB, 2IDP. 40man roster. Salary Cap pinned to NFL.

2022 picks: 1st, 3rd
2023 picks: 2 1st, 2 2nd, 3 3rd, 2 4ths

Players under contracts 2021 (years)
QB: K. Murray (3), T. Lance (4)
RB: S. Barkley (4), C. Edwards-Helaire (3+1), J. Jacobs (4), M. Davis (1), D. Henderson (1), AJ Dillon (3), Z. Moss (3), T. Pollard (2), T. Etienne (4)
WR: DK Metcalf (2), C. Ridley (2), T. McLaurin (2), J. Chase (4), R. Bateman (4), E. Moore (4), R. Moore (4), J. Reagor (3), B. Edwards (3), KJ Hamler (3)
TE: G. Kittle (3), A. Trautman (3)
K: Y. Koo (1)
DE: D. Hunter (1), C. Young (3+1), J. Bosa (2), J. Allen (2), K. Paye (4)
DT: A. Donald (2), Q. Williams (3)
LB: D. Leonard (2), R. Smith (3), F. Warner (3) P. Queen (3), I. Simmons (3), J. Davis (4)
S: D. James (2), R. Grant (4)
CB: K. Moore (2)

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Aiyuk looked better to me last year. More explosive, more physical, better hands, better production, comparable route running. Both had their whole offense injured/out last year and Aiyuk proved he could face top coverage and carry the entire WR load/be a team’s WR1, Jeudy proved he couldn’t.

I don’t see much difference between Deebo+Kittle and Sutton+Fant as far as competition for targets either, and the 49ers QB+coaching situation is a million times better than Denver’s.

Seems like the heavy preference for Jeudy is just take lock on the predraft fantasy scout consensus. They had near identical draft capital so they the NFL didn’t see much difference between them as prospects either.
Last edited by PR0v3 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:54 pm

Aiyuk for me. I know there is a segment about 1st year WR are GOLD. One thing they highlighted was that a WR that gets an 80 or better grade from PFF in the 1st year are near a lock to be a At least a WR2 or Better (from what I recall an WR that got an 80 or better rookie year all had a WR1 season besides one player) and not bust. Also I believe his YPG category was the same as Lambs, which is he has 50% to be a Great (multiple WR 1 seasons) fantasy WR and 69% good (multiple WR 2 seasons), something along those line. Put those things two together and to me you have a very undervalued WR, who is more on par with Lamb than in the Jeudy Convo. I still like Jeudy, still hopes he turns into something good. But think Aiyuk is on that track already with a better offense, better coach, and better QB.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

TyrannosaurusRex
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TyrannosaurusRex » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:47 am

SStory93 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:54 pm Aiyuk for me. I know there is a segment about 1st year WR are GOLD. One thing they highlighted was that a WR that gets an 80 or better grade from PFF in the 1st year are near a lock to be a At least a WR2 or Better (from what I recall an WR that got an 80 or better rookie year all had a WR1 season besides one player) and not bust. Also I believe his YPG category was the same as Lambs, which is he has 50% to be a Great (multiple WR 1 seasons) fantasy WR and 69% good (multiple WR 2 seasons), something along those line. Put those things two together and to me you have a very undervalued WR, who is more on par with Lamb than in the Jeudy Convo. I still like Jeudy, still hopes he turns into something good. But think Aiyuk is on that track already with a better offense, better coach, and better QB.

I actually did see that, I was very impressed and I agree it seemed like Aiyuk was much better than people realized. It’s one of the reasons I’ve been shocked about how overwhelming the votes lean towards the JJ side. I honestly thought it would be near even. The PFF thing has me seriously considering taking this trade. Haha
12 team PPR Superflex:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
FLX
FLX
SFLX

QB: Herbert, Prescott, Cam, Heinicke, M.Rudolph, I.Book

RB: D.Cook, D.Montgomery, Fournette, Gurley, Mattison, Sony, Mckissic, M.Ingram,

WR: D.Adams, Tyreek, Diggs, Jeudy, Landry, Crowder, E.Sanders, Pringle,T.Patrick, Schwartz,

TE: Waller, Knox, Granson, J.Harris, N.Gray, Conklin,

2022: 4th 4th 4th

2023: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:11 am

Jeudy. I find SF players wildly inconsistent. KS crafts game plans based on what the defense is giving him, just like BB in NE. So it seems to me that NE and SF are teams that have players that are best suited for best ball leagues. I think Jeudy will produce more consistently week in and week out making him, along with his talent, the better choice.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:14 pm

SStory93 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:54 pm Aiyuk for me. I know there is a segment about 1st year WR are GOLD. One thing they highlighted was that a WR that gets an 80 or better grade from PFF in the 1st year are near a lock to be a At least a WR2 or Better (from what I recall an WR that got an 80 or better rookie year all had a WR1 season besides one player) and not bust. Also I believe his YPG category was the same as Lambs, which is he has 50% to be a Great (multiple WR 1 seasons) fantasy WR and 69% good (multiple WR 2 seasons), something along those line. Put those things two together and to me you have a very undervalued WR, who is more on par with Lamb than in the Jeudy Convo. I still like Jeudy, still hopes he turns into something good. But think Aiyuk is on that track already with a better offense, better coach, and better QB.
Yeah, Aiyuk had a better year in terms of ypg and pff grade. Both stats are really solid indicators of how good a player is going to be. Granted Aiyuk just hit the 80 pff grade but he did hit it. Aiyuk is built thicker, has the 1st round draft capital, has the athleticism. If you’re placing a bet the smart bet is Aiyuk. I understand jeudy has more name cache though.

yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Postby yellowdart2448 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:51 pm

It’s laughable that people can say “Jeudy pretty easily”. They act like Jeudy was a stud last year and something hardly anyone has mentioned… Jeudy got the entire season without Sutton and still didn’t produce. Sutton’s return will have a similar impact that Kittle has to Aiyuk. SF has the better offense and guy calling plays. To me to it’s personal preference though ADP clearly shows Aiyuk is valued more going into this year. You can love Jeudy but you shouldn’t bash Aiyuk’s future outlook being worse…

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:23 pm

We can all speculate on the effect Sutton has on Jeudy’s production.
We have seen the effect that Kittle has on Aiyuk.
Aiyuk clearly outperformed Jeudy year 1. I believe they both have the talent to be successful. I just expect Jeudy to garner significantly more targets for the next few years.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln