Gronkowski Offer

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
1.01Guy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Gronkowski Offer

Postby 1.01Guy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Team 2 in signature:

I just offered Pettigrew, 15th overall pick (2.01) and my 2013 1st rounder for Gronkowski.

Too much?

Even though this guy was picked up late in last year's draft the asking price is now through the roof.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Re: Gronkowski Offer

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't think it's too much at all & could see it easily getting declined, depending on the other team's roster & keeper situation. Typically in keeper leagues, you really have to overpay to get a top tier guy at any position...but that's also exactly what you need to do in order to win.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:38 pm

I would consider waiting. Pettigrew's stock may go up and Gronk's down once the season gets going (I don't think he'll be getting that many TDs again, my opinion). I would try trading for Graham instead. Graham wasn't too far behind Gronk in points, and didn't need a record number of TD's to get there. Consider that the Patriots added WR Brandon Lloyd (will he take targets from Gronk? Unlikely). Also, the Saints just lost a WR to SD (Robert Meachem). Lastly, Saints bounty penalty will mean poorer coaching -->and who is a QB's security blanket? His TE. I'm calling Graham to be higher fantasy value than Gronk by the end of this season.

My advice. Take it or leave it. :wave:
The standard is the standard.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:25 pm

dlf_ericd wrote:I don't think it's too much at all & could see it easily getting declined, depending on the other team's roster & keeper situation. Typically in keeper leagues, you really have to overpay to get a top tier guy at any position...but that's also exactly what you need to do in order to win.
I don't think that's enough unfortunately.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

1.01Guy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby 1.01Guy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 pm

I removed my offer...