Redraft: Eliminated Teams Trading

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Redraft: Eliminated Teams Trading

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:04 am

Wanted to get y’all’s thoughts on this and I’m sorry I didn’t post in the redraft forum because I was looking for more than 1 response 😂. I’m in mostly dynasty leagues but in a 20 team redraft. Mathematically eliminated guy keeps sending out offers and I just can’t help but have a problem with it. If your eliminated you can just send crazy trades because you don’t care . Could be picking favorites etc. Anyone else have any thoughts or seen this done ?
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Redraft: Eliminated Teams Trading

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:14 am

Assuming it's the same group of cats from year to year, is there some sort of consolidation bracket for non playoff teams? Does the winner of that get first pick of next year's draft, or rename all the non playoff for next year? Or, if you're outta the playoffs, there's nothing left for you?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:16 am

Out of the playoffs nothing happens I suppose there’s a consolation bracket no one pays any attention to
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:58 am

It's highly unethical for an eliminated team to make trades in redraft. Any attempt should be vetoed. I would not want to play with a character like this in the future.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 am

If there's no value to the consolidation bracket, nothing to be won,then eliminated teams shouldn't trade with playoff teams.

What should be done if they try (or are successful) is another thing entirely.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:33 am

The one thing to consider is that {provided the owners are sensible and conscientious} eliminated teams still will have an effect on the playoff picture and if they are making trades to improve their own team then they are playing the role of spoiler and whether they trade with playoff teams or other eliminated teams shouldn't matter. Also if you have a reasonable trade deadline most teams should still be in contention when trading cuts off so there shouldn't be a major impact on the league

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:43 am

Are the trades fair? If so then who cares? Perhaps that owner wants to play spoiler the rest of the way. Id much rather have an active owner who is still trying to compete and win than the owner who was eliminated and thus is a cupcake win for my opponents because he still has CMC and Kittle on his IR.