Good keepers bad keepers

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
seh0872
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Good keepers bad keepers

Postby seh0872 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:11 am

Hey all...happy to have recently found this site.

So, my league is not a full dynasty league per se, but a limited keeper league. In short, each team must keep four players from season to season--no more, no less. Other rules restrict certain players from being kept. It's a Superflex PPR league with 14-teams, so DEEP. QBs are overrated due to the Superflex option and go far earlier than in other leagues.

I've got a good group of keeper options this season, but the offseason has damaged the value of nearly all of them. @#$%! Seeking your opinion about which four are the best makeup. An option to trade one of these guys to move up in the draft is also possible, though a long shot as this league rarely trades.

* A.J. Brown is an obvious keeper. I was excited that Julio Jones was being traded...until he got traded to Tennessee. Crap.

* With RBs in high demand (and many kept), a guy like D'Andre Swift seems pretty valuable...except Detroit just simply refuses to make him the bell cow. Ugh.

* Hey! I have Jonnu Smith! On the revamped Patriots! Excellent...TE is a scarce position too. Oh crap, now they have Hunter Henry too...

* Well, Mike Davis is going to Atlanta to be the #1...wait, are they going to bring in Adrian Peterson and go RBBC? I just dealt with that with D'Andre Swift! Double @#$%!

* Last year I kept Chark. Is he still in the equation?

* Oh, and maybe Jacoby Meyers...has some good rapport with Newton...but does he with Mac Jones?

So there you go:

* Brown is obvious, but who are the best three beyond that?

* Julio Jones, D'Andre Swift, Mike Davis, Jonnu Smith, DJ Chark, Jacoby Meyers.

If I were to *attempt* to trade up, I'd probably have to target moving up from my 3rd round pick, (39th overall) by thinking that overall I'd get better value keeping Jonnu and trading Julio to get two picks in the 2nd round (I'm currently drafting 11th (R1) and 18th (R2)), but need to do lots of mock drafting to see if that value makes sense. The other option is to attempt to move Davis or Smith, maybe to move up my fifth round (67th overall). Given where I am in this snake draft, trading up the even rounds don't make too much sense.

So there it is. Opinions welcome.