2020 In-Season Weekly Waiver Wire Adds

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

2020 In-Season Weekly Waiver Wire Adds

Postby McCafsteez » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 am

Here we go...the chaos of week 1 waiver wire adds is upon us. Please name players below you are looking to add and please include percentage of FAAB to spend. If necessary, please include league settings (PPR / Standard). Let's keep this going all season to ensure we get the adds we are looking for! I'll start:

Logan Thomas (WAS - TE): 15% FAAB Budget
-There have been many reports that this is the Darren Waller of this year. He looked pretty good in week 1 with a stat line of 4/37/1. Haskins will most likely rely on a trustworthy TE so he is intriguing to say the least. He is 29 years old, but if you are looking for solid production at the TE position, this could be your guy.

Myles Gaskin (MIA - RB): 20% FAAB Budget
-20% is quite a bit to spend on Gaskin, but the opportunity is there. Breida is going to be used on special teams so that pretty much takes him out of the backfield, in my opinion. Jordan Howard was virtually invisible and won't run away with the lead job. Gaskins was a 7th round pick in 2019 and is only 23 years old. He looked like the lead guy in week 1. His stats: 9 rushes for 40 yards and 4 receptions for 4 receptions. This is way more production than I expected for the supposed third string RB. Miami has nothing to lose this year, so why not see what they have in Gaskin?

Nyheim Hines (IND - RB): 50% FAAB Budget
-Hines is most likely rostered in all of your dynasty leagues. If he is not, I would drop the bank on him. He looked fantastic in week 1. With Marlon Mack being out AND Rivers relying heavily on dump offs to RBs, Hines will get 6-8 receptions in my opinion. Look at Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler the past few years. I see this being similar.

Darnell Mooney (CHI - WR): 3-5% FAAB Budget
-I won't lie, I am a Bears fan. The Bears should have lost to the Lions (Thanks Swift). The thing to note here is Mooney got some action in this game. Mooney was a 5th round pick in the 2020 draft and seems to be on his way to jumping Ridley and Wims on the depth chart making him the WR3 on the Bears. In his NFL debut in week 1, he caught all three targets for 38 yards. That is a fantastic start for a 5th round WR in my book.
Last edited by McCafsteez on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: In Season Weekly Waiver Wire Adds

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:53 am

How about

Malcom Brown for a Cam Akers owner

Russell Gage I was looking at those guys.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:18 am

Malcolm Brown could definitely give you some production this year. Akers was uninspiring, but Brown looked like he was running vs a different team.

I'd put Snell in the same boat.

Gage is an unknown to me still. The WR3 in that offense has those kinds of games every 4 weeks it seems

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:26 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:18 am Malcolm Brown could definitely give you some production this year. Akers was uninspiring, but Brown looked like he was running vs a different team.

Gage is an unknown to me still. The WR3 in that offense has those kinds of games every 4 weeks it seems
I have both both Akers and Ridley, I think im going to spend 50 faab on brown, we can trade faab in this league, so I have 50 extra over my normal of 100, I have 150 lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:29 am

joeya2001 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:53 am How about

Everyone freaked out about Brown after week 1 last year too. It didn't amount to anything, same will happen this year. If you can get him free go for it, but there are better uses for your FAAB either right now or later in the year.

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:31 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:18 am Malcolm Brown could definitely give you some production this year. Akers was uninspiring, but Brown looked like he was running vs a different team.

Great call on those guys.

This morning I allocated a nice chunk of percentage of my FAAB on Brown. The hope is he holds off Akers (who did indeed look terrible) and use him for production or trade him. I view Gage similarly. Had a great week, but just can't see that being a regular thing for him. Snell looked fantastic last night vs the Giants. Shame on anyone thinking Conner would hit again this year!
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:31 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:29 am

Everyone freaked out about Brown after week 1 last year too. It didn't amount to anything, same will happen this year. If you can get him free go for it, but there are better uses for your FAAB either right now or later in the year.
The Rams also had Gurley last year. This year there is way more opportunity. If the rookie is under performing, give the guy you trust the ball. Gurley was the guy to trust regardless of a poor stat line.
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:32 am

I wouldn't drop a lot on Gage. I don't see this being a regular thing for him. Could have a few massive weeks though if the Falcons keep throwing for 500 yards!
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:03 am

Whatever you do, just don't blow your money on Week 1.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:22 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:03 am Whatever you do, just don't blow your money on Week 1.
Most of my leagues are 12tm 28 man roster with IR slots. If you don't use it early you almost always get stuck with it. I never blow it all week 1, but I almost always get my best waiver pickup of the year early on, as players tend to get scooped up as soon as they hit an active roster.

Hines - priority #1 for me if he is available in any PPR leagues (He shouldn't be). I'd spend it all here. He is in for a James white type high end rb2 year.

Brown - Akers looked brutal and the rams have been talking him up. Henderson looked lost. Even if Akers ends up with this job, Brown will score points in 2020. Also the potential to flip him for a pick to an Akers owner.

Cephus - also likely rostered, but he's been talked up time and time again as being the toughest WR to guard by top end defenders. He likely won't pull 10 targets week to week, but it won't be long before Amendola or Jones is injured and he's installed permanently across from Golladay.

Gaskin - best of the bad options in Miami. Has an opportunity for volume.

Thomas - nice call by FF on this guy. I picked him up in one league from the camp hype. Big target in an offense that needs someone to throw to. May be a touchdown dependant TE1/2 borderline type player.

Herndon - again probably already owned in most leagues. Hes going to have better weeks, just probably won't be this week. Probably the jets 2nd best pass catcher and Darnold targets him freqiently.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:08 am

I'm in deeeeeeeeppppp leagues so my big two are
Dalton schultz-dallas religiously runs a TE, he had four targets after jarwin went down
Cole- there gonna be down a lot every week and he had 5 targets

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 am

Man, I would warn people off Malcolm Brown if they’ll listen. This isn’t the first time his name has risen. He was an impending FA a couple of years ago and I got caught up in the hype and he did nothing but cost me a roster spot and the FA $$$ I spent on him. Then came the Gurley knee issue and Brown proponents were sure he was good enough to take on workload, plus the Rams resigned him (no one else offered). Turned out through some research that the Rams coaches love him because he’s a ST stud. Now here we are yet again. I’d be hard pressed to believe that he’s suddenly good enough to hold off both Akers and Henderson. Either one of those guys, or both, could easily have an epiphany and displace Brown, who on his best days is a mediocre runner.

I hope I’m wrong this time like I was the first time on him but I fear that I’m not. It’s not like he hasn’t had opportunity .

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:29 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 am Man, I would warn people off Malcolm Brown if they’ll listen. This isn’t the first time his name has risen. He was an impending FA a couple of years ago and I got caught up in the hype and he did nothing but cost me a roster spot and the FA $$$ I spent on him. Then came the Gurley knee issue and Brown proponents were sure he was good enough to take on workload, plus the Rams resigned him (no one else offered). Turned out through some research that the Rams coaches love him because he’s a ST stud. Now here we are yet again. I’d be hard pressed to believe that he’s suddenly good enough to hold off both Akers and Henderson. Either one of those guys, or both, could easily have an epiphany and displace Brown, who on his best days is a mediocre runner.

I hope I’m wrong this time like I was the first time on him but I fear that I’m not. It’s not like he hasn’t had opportunity .
This is going to end up just like the Robinson thread, but I almost always pick up waiver wire players with the intention to flip them. I'm not looking for or expecting long term assets. Brown is another good case of a guy that could build trade value quickly. One or two more weeks of holding off Akers and he's easily worth a 3rd or possibly even a 2nd. That's a quick win. If it doesn't happen, oh well, that means he turned out like the other 90% of waivers throughout the year.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 am

RBs I’ve got some interest in and want to see another week of production on are JJ Taylor, NE and Tyler Ervin, GB. Taylor was exciting as all get out to watch at the U of A last year and he’s on a team that finds uses for nontraditional RBs. Ervin seems to have found a niche in GB running out of the slot or out wide and running counters and reverses, and I’m wondering if GB sees him as one of those “offensive weapon” type guys. They sure don’t have anyone else like him on the roster.

The WR pickings look pretty thin unless you’re in smaller or shallower leagues, but one guy I’m watching as a deep sleeper is Robert Foster. He put up strong WR2 numbers in the back half of his rookie year and then was tweaked and pushed aside in BUF. GB picked him up on their PS and there’s a lot more room for opportunity in GB than there is in BUF. I’m wondering if maybe he’ll get another chance to flash what he did at the end of his rookie year, but with a whole lot better QB, once he gets acclimated in GB.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:56 am

If Snell is available how much would you bid on him?