Training Camp Hype 2020

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Training Camp Hype 2020

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:29 am

Why does Conner have less work in camp? Don't tell me he's dinged up again...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:39 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:29 am Why does Conner have less work in camp? Don't tell me he's dinged up again...
He's not very good.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:40 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:39 am
Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:29 am Why does Conner have less work in camp? Don't tell me he's dinged up again...
He's not very good.
He's not very good at staying on the field. When healthy he has been fine.

Might as well take a look at the other RB's if you know Conner will miss time and you also know you probably aren't bringing him back after the season anyway. It makes sense from a team preparation standpoint.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:09 pm

some positive buzz for Bryce Love today. listed no.2 on a roster projection.

"Note - It's no sure thing this team will keep five running backs, and the two guys with the least secure roles are McKissic and Barber."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wa ... h-and-ryan

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:14 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:09 pm some positive buzz for Bryce Love today. listed no.2 on a roster projection.

"Note - It's no sure thing this team will keep five running backs, and the two guys with the least secure roles are McKissic and Barber."

Odd, I had been seeing Mckissic as the primary 3rd down back. Maybe love has jumped him finally.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:21 pm

CGW wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:14 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:09 pm some positive buzz for Bryce Love today. listed no.2 on a roster projection.

Odd, I had been seeing Mckissic as the primary 3rd down back. Maybe love has jumped him finally.
Having no pre season games is infuriating to try and figure this stuff out.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Love may operate as the direct backup to Peterson. I believe he's a decent receiver, but he was best utilized as a runner at Stanford.

Him not being active on gameday would be similar to Guice and Peterson's dynamic last year; where Peterson was literally inactive until Guice went down and then he assumed the lion's share of 2 down work.

Not how I'd operate, but WFT did sign McKissic right out of the gate for more than some bigger names (like Chris Peterson). Wouldn't surprise me if they're a lot higher on McKissic than we are.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Who knows how successful WAS' RB stats will be but this is just going to be a headache for a minute.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:35 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Love may operate as the direct backup to Peterson. I believe he's a decent receiver, but he was best utilized as a runner at Stanford.

Him not being active on gameday would be similar to Guice and Peterson's dynamic last year; where Peterson was literally inactive until Guice went down and then he assumed the lion's share of 2 down work.

Not how I'd operate, but WFT did sign McKissic right out of the gate for more than some bigger names (like Chris Peterson). Wouldn't surprise me if they're a lot higher on McKissic than we are.
I think McKissic and Love make the team, and Barber gets cut. I think McKissic operates as the primary 3rd down back, driving Gibson owners bonkers.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:35 pm I think McKissic and Love make the team, and Barber gets cut. I think McKissic operates as the primary 3rd down back, driving Gibson owners bonkers.
That's how I see it. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell Love gets cut; everything up to this point has implied that he's healthy and there's been genuine enthusiasm about him from the WSH organization since he was drafted and in his first training camp.

I do think they use Gibson quite a bit as a manufactured touch guy, and auxiliary receiver though. Not a lot of established starters in their receiving core, and the man is electric in space.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:49 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:39 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:35 pm I think McKissic and Love make the team, and Barber gets cut. I think McKissic operates as the primary 3rd down back, driving Gibson owners bonkers.
That's how I see it. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell Love gets cut; everything up to this point has implied that he's healthy and there's been genuine enthusiasm about him from the WSH organization since he was drafted and in his first training camp.

I do think they use Gibson quite a bit as a manufactured touch guy, and auxiliary receiver though. Not a lot of established starters in their receiving core, and the man is electric in space.
Agreed. I just think that with his lack of pass blocking skills, and experience, he won't be out there as the RB on 3rd down.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:53 pm

that's weird. i just read on the 32 beat writers site that love would only make the team if the team kept 4 rbs.

peterson, gibson, mckissic were the locks.

reporters man, always flip flopping with their information.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:54 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:53 pm

that's weird. i just read on the 32 beat writers site that love would only make the team if the team kept 4 rbs.

They're not paid to be accurate. They're paid to generate clicks.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:42 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:54 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:53 pm

They're not paid to be accurate. They're paid to generate clicks.
This is it. They don't care if they are dead wrong most of the time. They generated clicks by hyping every rookie, and then the masses eat up every word like it's gospel. They make more money by being wrong, because of the money maker football click bait rookie hype has become
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:56 pm