2020 Plant your flag

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2020 Plant your flag

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:35 am Drew Brees has just planted his. Yikes. I am going to say MT is not targeted nearly as much this year.... now. That team has a mess on their hands.
I think I must of missed something, what are you referencing?
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 am

10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:59 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:39 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:35 am Drew Brees has just planted his. Yikes. I am going to say MT is not targeted nearly as much this year.... now. That team has a mess on their hands.
Eh...A mess for a few days probably--maybe a week.

I don't see it lingering as long as you seem to think
I just have this weird feeling that MT is gonna suffer an obj like decline
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 pm

Yikes. That first practice is gonna be awkward...sounds like Brees has a strong opinion on the subject, but I don't see MT backing down on his stance. Could see it having a minor effect even if solved, but potentially more if it's left to fester and build.

Ideally, they'd chat on the phone today and quash it between one another, but if they both have too much pride, personality conflict molehills can turn into mountains fairly easily.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 pm

I see Brees stance on the topic, but also think that he needs to look at his peripherals. He has history of his family fighting the fight for what the flag stands for, but needs to open his eyes to what else it stands for with what's going on in the current world. Not saying another word after this with the whole political thing, but there's always more to learn no matter who you are. I'm sure he and MT will talk it out and things will be fine long term.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:37 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 pm I see Brees stance on the topic, but also think that he needs to look at his peripherals. He has history of his family fighting the fight for what the flag stands for, but needs to open his eyes to what else it stands for with what's going on in the current world. Not saying another word after this with the whole political thing, but there's always more to learn no matter who you are. I'm sure he and MT will talk it out and things will be fine long term.
I think MT is too in his head right now to talk it out and concede anything. He's making the mistake alot of great wr make after coming off a great season. alot of media attention because he thinks he's a hof already. Luckily for him Brees will probably be gone after this year so the long term effects of this particular situation wont be that bad
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:39 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:37 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 pm I see Brees stance on the topic, but also think that he needs to look at his peripherals. He has history of his family fighting the fight for what the flag stands for, but needs to open his eyes to what else it stands for with what's going on in the current world. Not saying another word after this with the whole political thing, but there's always more to learn no matter who you are. I'm sure he and MT will talk it out and things will be fine long term.
I think MT is too in his head right now to talk it out and concede anything. He's making the mistake alot of great wr make after coming off a great season. alot of media attention because he thinks he's a hof already. Luckily for him Brees will probably be gone after this year so the long term effects of this particular situation wont be that bad
The "Antonio Brown" effect?

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:49 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:39 pm
The "Antonio Brown" effect?
maybe not to that extent lol, but i definitely see a reality check coming for him on the field at least
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:53 pm

Gentleman, to equate MT as the bad guy here is kind of the whole point of why we are here. He is not being a diva. He is being honest in his feelings just like Drew was. Why is Drew allowed to have an opinion but he is not. This has nothing to do with football. Never did. Kaep kneeling was never about military. It was about living in a country where he is opressed and looking for a voice. If America rebels against silent protest and active protest, what is there left to do? I am not sorry for speaking with emotion, but I will now go back to football discussion.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 pm

I should have known better than to make that post. My bad. I just felt this might disrupt the team and therefor production. Should probably move off it, or it will get moved to the off topic. I have started Brees/MT thread there, to continue talking about it.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=203029
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:02 pm

i think Brees is a little cocky too though...but i guess it's ok when QBs do it. Rodgers, Brady,,,all those guys are pretty outspoken. BUT i agree MT is in his head right now but im not sure it's because he had a great season. It's because this RACIAL INJUSTICE and everything going on right now. Brees should know this...but he's knows now

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:53 pm Gentleman, to equate MT as the bad guy here is kind of the whole point of why we are here. He is not being a diva. He is being honest in his feelings just like Drew was. Why is Drew allowed to have an opinion but he is not. This has nothing to do with football. Never did. Kaep kneeling was never about military. It was about living in a country where he is opressed and looking for a voice. If America rebels against silent protest and active protest, what is there left to do? I am not sorry for speaking with emotion, but I will now go back to football discussion.
my assessment really has nothing to do with why he's speaking out. Its about football. he is a diva, and this isnt the first example i've seen of it this offseason (he called out parker a few weeks ago too). His job is to play football, if he wants to jeopardize his relationship with his QB for a greater cause then good for him, more power to him. but it wont help him on the field and thats what were here to talk about.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:53 pm Gentleman, to equate MT as the bad guy here is kind of the whole point of why we are here. He is not being a diva. He is being honest in his feelings just like Drew was. Why is Drew allowed to have an opinion but he is not. This has nothing to do with football. Never did. Kaep kneeling was never about military. It was about living in a country where he is opressed and looking for a voice. If America rebels against silent protest and active protest, what is there left to do? I am not sorry for speaking with emotion, but I will now go back to football discussion.
my assessment really has nothing to do with why he's speaking out. Its about football. he is a diva, and this isnt the first example i've seen of it this offseason (he called out parker a few weeks ago too). His job is to play football, if he wants to jeopardize his relationship with his QB for a greater cause then good for him, more power to him. but it wont help him on the field and thats what were here to talk about.
This.
The MT hate isn't anything related to this. Of course he is allowed to have his opinion but he has shown himself beyond this issue to be volatile on Twitter. Hasn't translated to anything worrisome in real life yet but it is a fair criticism.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:35 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm
This.
The MT hate isn't anything related to this. Of course he is allowed to have his opinion but he has shown himself beyond this issue to be volatile on Twitter. Hasn't translated to anything worrisome in real life yet but it is a fair criticism.
this is one of the times i actually think MT is right to share his opinion. I think BRees is too but maybe could have done it a bit differently? BRees put him in a spot where he HAD to speak up. MT's first response he kinda gave Brees a pass by saying "He don't know better." But RN with all this stuff going on that's not an excuse...Brees should know this. ANd this isn't something that just MT had a problem with...i will bet you most blacks on the team felt the same way. I think i read something where LeBron James is speaking about what Brees said...this shouldn't be about MT.

His job is to play football? you sound like that lady who told Lebron to shut up and dribble.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 pm I should have known better than to make that post. My bad. I just felt this might disrupt the team and therefor production. Should probably move off it, or it will get moved to the off topic. I have started Brees/MT thread there, to continue talking about it.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=203029
Yeah that didn't work either