Mike Evans in 2020

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Mike Evans in 2020

Postby CGW » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:07 pm

mullmania wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:47 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:41 am Wouldn't overthink it. Evans is their best receiver and they will get the ball to him at any level of the field.
I think Godwin is their best WR. Evans should be solid but not elite IMO
This year will be a good test of your theory. Evans has 6 straight 1k seasons, through a variety of bad QBs.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Evans can become Brady's TB version of Gronk. The guy will feast in the redzone.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Evans will benefit from Brady’s accuracy and anticipation. Td #’s should be way up. Evans is the #1 in my mind with Godwin benefiting from (and doing very well with opportunity) def attention on Evans.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:48 pm

Are we still running with the idea that Winston and Fitzmagic were bad? I get where they both struggled but for fantasy this can only be seen as a downgrade, it just seems like wishing that this will somehow be improved efficiency to counter the lower volume/big play ability.
I own Godwin so I would be pleasantly surprised if this is only a minor downgrade and call it a win.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:48 pm Are we still running with the idea that Winston and Fitzmagic were bad? I get where they both struggled but for fantasy this can only be seen as a downgrade, it just seems like wishing that this will somehow be improved efficiency to counter the lower volume/big play ability.
I own Godwin so I would be pleasantly surprised if this is only a minor downgrade and call it a win.
I'm not that certain. Brady is a better QB than Winston, even at this age. He's never had these types of WR's to throw to. I think that based on the fact that the team may be winning more, it might be a downgrade, but I still think the Bucs put up a ton of yards through the air with Brady. The guy was lethal when he had Randy Moss. It's not like he was ever a mobile QB, and his arm hasn't fallen off all that much. Through 16 games I can see 4500 yards easily. He put up over 4,000 last year throwing to Edelman and a bunch of scrubs. I think he hits 30 TD's, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:33 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:48 pm Are we still running with the idea that Winston and Fitzmagic were bad? I get where they both struggled but for fantasy this can only be seen as a downgrade, it just seems like wishing that this will somehow be improved efficiency to counter the lower volume/big play ability.
30 interceptions and 12 fumbles.

Lets be nice and take 22 INT's off that, and 8 fumbles - that was Brady's 2019 season - 8 ints and 4 fumbles.

Congratulations, your offense just got 30 extra offensive possessions!

Now add Tom's usual calling card of being elite at extending drives on 3rd and 4th down. Add one of the most QB-friendly coaches the league has ever seen, and now stir for flavour.

It is not as nuts as you seem to think.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 pm
I'm not that certain. Brady is a better QB than Winston, even at this age. He's never had these types of WR's to throw to. I think that based on the fact that the team may be winning more, it might be a downgrade, but I still think the Bucs put up a ton of yards through the air with Brady. The guy was lethal when he had Randy Moss. It's not like he was ever a mobile QB, and his arm hasn't fallen off all that much. Through 16 games I can see 4500 yards easily. He put up over 4,000 last year throwing to Edelman and a bunch of scrubs. I think he hits 30 TD's, too.
This is how I see it too. I know Arians and company is a different coaching staff than Belicheck/J.Mcdaniels, etc. but remember the Patriots never took their foot off the pedal, so to speak. Maybe the Bucs do the same thing, it wouldn’t surprise me at all, playing in the NFC South to see the Bucs score 40+, several times next season, especially 4 games against the Panthers & Falcons D and the Saints games will surely be high scoring too. I think Brady hits 30-35 TDS, fairly easily.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:33 pm
30 interceptions and 12 fumbles.

Lets be nice and take 22 INT's off that, and 8 fumbles - that was Brady's 2019 season - 8 ints and 4 fumbles.

Congratulations, your offense just got 30 extra offensive possessions!

Now add Tom's usual calling card of being elite at extending drives on 3rd and 4th down. Add one of the most QB-friendly coaches the league has ever seen, and now stir for flavour.

It is not as nuts as you seem to think.
I still don't see it, the good news is there won't be any speculation, it's happening and we will know for sure by seasons end. For now call me pessimistic as, short of seeing Brady throwing dragons around, I don't think it's happening. The guy is old and one of these years the cliff has to look surely!! (Says everyone every year)

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:57 pm

That Brady to Moss connection was ages ago and a lot of the Edelman/White production was from short passes with yards after the catch added on. With a more efficient offense and an upgraded defense, Tampa Bay should see more positive game scripts which should lead to a lower volume of passes. There's a good chance that Evans could see a less productive season this year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Bring in AB and trade Evans? We’ve already seen a couple high profile WRs trades. And this NFL, they crazy. Doubt it but who knows?

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:52 pm

I think it's tough to expect Evans and /or Godwin to do BETTER as they both already had great seasons.

That said, I don't think they do much worse either. They have different strengths and I think Brady/Arians will find a way to use both. I also think Howard has a bounce back season too... No one is expecting Gronk, but I could see a decent TD total.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:44 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:57 pm
That Brady to Moss connection was ages ago and a lot of the Edelman/White production was from short passes with yards after the catch added on. With a more efficient offense and an upgraded defense, Tampa Bay should see more positive game scripts which should lead to a lower volume of passes. There's a good chance that Evans could see a less productive season this year.
It's definitely possible, although Evans missed a few games this year, so he could actually do better if he plays all 16. He's basically a lock for 1000 yards.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:59 pm

Any chance Arians moves Mike Evans to the Larry Fitzgerald style of chain moving/blocking monster if Brady really can't throw a deep ball anymore? Won't be as sexy as connecting with Winston on rainbows, but could be good for PPR, especially if the volume is there
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:14 pm

Yea Jameis->Brady is a clear downgrade, for fantasy purposes. Brady is not putting up anywhere near 5000/30 at this stage in his career. With Brady’s talent at this stage in his career, we’re probably looking at a 3900/24 season with a lower % of those passes going to WRs. This is all around bad news for Evans and Godwin as they’re probably 3 years away, at minimum, from the possibility of having a high powered passing attack.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:53 am

PR0v3 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:14 pm
Yea Jameis->Brady is a clear downgrade, for fantasy purposes. Brady is not putting up anywhere near 5000/30 at this stage in his career. With Brady’s talent at this stage in his career, we’re probably looking at a 3900/24 season with a lower % of those passes going to WRs. This is all around bad news for Evans and Godwin as they’re probably 3 years away, at minimum, from the possibility of having a high powered passing attack.

Why not? I mean, even if Jameis stayed, the chances o him throwing 5,000 again were slim, but Brady put up over 4000 yards and 24 TD"s without any outside threat last year at all. Why can't he significantly improve that when his passing weapons have also significantly improved? Brady will put up way more than 3900 yards and 24 TD's if he plays 16 games. I think 4500/30 is completely reasonable. Rivers threw for over 4.600 last year, and Brady's arm is better than his at this point. The difference was Rivers had better WR's than Brady last year, and the Pats had a really good D that meant they could run the ball in the 2nd half a lot more. TB's D is nowhere near what the Pats was last year.

BTW Godwin is a FA next year, too, so he's not locked in to TB.