James White and the end of an incredible streak

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

James White and the end of an incredible streak

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:19 am

James White's first 7 games this year resulted in an extremely consistent PPR output range of 11.9-13.8 in my league, which is probably one of the most consistent and random streaks I've seen in fantasy. The streak finally ended last night with a 16.4 point game.

Doesn't really mean that much for fantasy other than knowing he's a consistent asset, but it's crazy to me how little variation he had week-to-week. I don't think I've seen anything close to such a small range of production over half of a season.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: James White and the end of an incredible streak

Postby Paul717 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:38 am

I had to do a double take when I looked at his 2018 stats today. Massively underrated production out of this guy. He was #8 overall RB in my scoring system last year, yet he's not often talked about in those regards.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: James White and the end of an incredible streak

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:14 pm

I actually own 2 shares - one came with an orphan and the other I actually acquired. I've actually plugged White into my lineup 4x despite having

Conner
Chubb
Henry
Hyde
Freeman

to use because he's been so safe/reliable. If you want a safe floor White has been about as safe as you can ask for in an RB.

Needless to say my team is 8-0 and may be 9-0 after this week (depends on my opponent who has Zeke left).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..