Loaded keeper team - maximizing players you can't keep

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
doublesticks
Role Player
Role Player

Loaded keeper team - maximizing players you can't keep

Postby doublesticks » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:39 am

Our local keeper is a 10 team/10 keeper with a salary cap. 4 man taxi squad doesn't count again your cap and all 4 can be carried over as taxi into the following year.

My question is in regards to my TE situation...I currently have Ertz ($23), Waller ($1) and Dissly ($7) and would happily flip one of them if I could get a return. Nobody wants to pay for Ertz and I'm not crazy about trading a top 5 producing TE that only costs a $1 or $7 for a random pick. For example, one of my buddies is starting OJ Howard and when I inquired about trading for Ertz he said "you will probably want my 1st and that isn't happening"...the funny thing is that Ertz is currently my 3rd TE, but costs about 3 times more than the other 2 combined.

Would you take less value to move a guy in a position of strength or just ride it out with the depth? The best I think I can get is a 3rd (probably late) out of Waller or Dissly.

I don't NEED anything (could use a decent RB3 for by weeks) and I've been the high-scorer all 4 weeks...so my team is rolling.
The bad part is that half of my active guys will have to be dropped by next football season as we can only keep 10, so there is always this desire to flip players to maximize their value.

Current starters and notable players.
QB: Mahommes
RB: CMC
RB: Chub
WR: Julio
WR: Kupp
WR: ARob
WR: Ty Williams
TE: Ertz

Bench: DJ Moore, Kirk, P. Williams, Waller, Dissly, K. Hunt, Duke, J. Jackson

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Loaded keeper team - maximizing players you can't keep

Postby moishetreats » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:10 am

It's Week 5. I'd suggest focusing first on your needs for 2019 and later on your needs for 2020 and beyond. Lots can happen between now and then, and your worst-case scenario if things stay as-is is that you have too many good options to keep.

There's no urgency here. If you find a good/great deal, then take it. Otherwise, stay the course and play for this year.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

doublesticks
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Loaded keeper team - maximizing players you can't keep

Postby doublesticks » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:31 am

Good point about playing for 2019 and I will mention that in addition to 3 top 8 TEs, I also have Fant on my taxi squad....so I am overloaded with 4 potential stud ppr TEs on a 23 man roster.

I was thinking about trying to move Dissly and my 4th for the other guys 2nd...currently a top 16-top 20 pick.