Zeke at 1.03?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
GBP1388
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Zeke at 1.03?

Postby GBP1388 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:54 am

I have a keeper draft tonight and have the 3rd pick. I expect Barkley and Kamara will go 1-2. CMC is already off the board, so my question is do I risk it and take Zeke here? Next best options would be DJ, Gurley or Adams. My keepers are Chubb and Kerryon so I already have a decent rb core, but it's hard to pass on Zeke.
Green Bowl Packers
12 team .5ppr 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 te k d
qb: watson, pickett, purdy, minshew, mayfield
rb: bijan, chubb, mixon, charbs, hubbard, foreman, r. johnson, gray, ford
wr: chase, evans, cooper, d. johnson, pittman, juju, julio, palmer, r. james, shakir
te: kittle, goedert, gesicki, chig
d: car, bal
k: butker
2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

diehard4life
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Zeke at 1.03?

Postby diehard4life » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:37 am

It is too early to take Zeke even if his holdout ends. The play of Tony Pollard, and the buzz around camp has been palpable regarding the speedster who the coaching staff has compared to Alvin Kamara.

So Zeke's value has diminished twofold. I wouldn't touch him until round 2-3 at this point.

Better to take Adams here. DJ is also a risk due to the overhaul of the offensive system with Murray at the helm. That offensive line is still terrible, and he'd old.

Gurley's knee is problematic as well, and Henderson was drafted to reduce his touches. He isn't a top three pick either.

However, I realize that you are talking about a keeper setup which has keepers already involved? Yet Barkley and Kamara are available? That's bizarre. I think that I would need to know who is gone first before assessing this fully, but ADAMS is the best pick of the ones you list. However, a TE like Kelce or Kittle could give you a huge edge in one points category if your system rewards that.
Philosophy: a high ceiling is better than a high floor.

Relative dynasty newcomer, but six time league champion in other formats (despite a 10 year hiatus), most proud of the 2018 NFFL (16-team, TD only, 30th anniversary) League Championship.

GBP1388
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Zeke at 1.03?

Postby GBP1388 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:07 am

Thanks for the reply, I didn't have a chance to see it before the draft but I wound up risking it with Zeke. To answer your question in our keeper league you lose the draft pick of your keeper a round ahead of where you took them in the draft the prior year, so no 1st round picks can be kept.
Green Bowl Packers
12 team .5ppr 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 te k d
qb: watson, pickett, purdy, minshew, mayfield
rb: bijan, chubb, mixon, charbs, hubbard, foreman, r. johnson, gray, ford
wr: chase, evans, cooper, d. johnson, pittman, juju, julio, palmer, r. james, shakir
te: kittle, goedert, gesicki, chig
d: car, bal
k: butker
2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd