Week 2 Survivor Pool discussion

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week 2 Survivor Pool discussion

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 am

Just let my league know this exists so week 2 is our first week. All in on the Chargers.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:09 am

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:58 am
Gtdano_14 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 am
Raymond1974 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:21 am Like a lot of people I took then saints,and like my luck Ryan Fitzpatrick had the game of his life! So here's what happen, the guy who's running thr surrvior pool said "that since most people took the saints and lost,we can rebuy back in for 20 dollars!" Well I thought this was total BS, if you're out you're out! But since everyone else was buying in,I did too and took the Rams! So it's on to week two!
Perhaps there should be a consolation group where only those eliminated can buy into and only this week? This way, those without incorrect picks are the only ones fighting for the original pot and the "rebuyers" are fighting for only the new pot.

Otherwise "rebuying" is cheating. You were wrong. You'll get 'em next year...
There are MANY survivor pools out there that allow you to re-buy at an increased price (Original buy in: $100, re-buy in: $200) in order to increase the pot. Normally it is made clear BEFORE week 1 if re-buys are available or not. Also, normally re-buys are only allowed once and can only occur up to week 4 or 5 and after that once you're out you're out. Any pool that changes the rules or allows re-buys after week 1 already happened is completely dumb and I would never join it again.

Rebuying is not cheating if it is made clear before the season starts.
OK, cheating isn't the correct word if buy backs are in the rules. However, I don't think it's right and people (along with their re-buy-ins) should be pushed to a side pool since they didn't survive the week.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am

I was in a pool that clearly stated there was an opportunity to buy back in. People did it and I did not particularly like the concept, but it was what i signed up for. So instead of whining, complaining, and searching for a safe space to hide, I exercised my individual rights and did not donate my funds to the pool and went to one of the many thousands of other Survivor pools. Thus is the world of illegal gambling.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:44 am

Quick q on confidence pool: is 15 most confident, as in you get 15 points if you get the pick right or 1 is most confident?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 pm

jman3134 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:44 am Quick q on confidence pool: is 15 most confident, as in you get 15 points if you get the pick right or 1 is most confident?
it's the higher score for the more confident you are.
-oo-

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:34 am

I know it's a divisional game, but I'm going Denver. Their record in home openers is ridiculous, and the Raiders are taking on water.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks