Trimming to 10 Keepers - Auction League

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Trimming to 10 Keepers - Auction League

Postby ProfPoobah » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Looking for help with Team 2 in my Sig.

At some point after the NFL draft, our commish will make us trim our rosters down to 10 players to protect. We can make 2-for-1 deals and such after that, but we are maxxed at 10 players for the protection deadline. My question assumes I can't wheel and deal any more before the deadline.

Of my team listed, I feel certain that I am protecting Burrow, Cook, Chubb, Harris, Hill, Chark, Samuel, and Waller. That puts me at $129 of a $200 cap on 8 players. If money were no object, I'd keep Moore and Lockett and go. If I didn't make any more trades before draft day, I'm at $168, and only making low-cost additions to my roster, mostly at RB and a decent QB backup in case Burrow's not ready to go week 1. But I'm stacked at WR and my core is very solid.

Taking the cap and the talent of the six choices into account, along with the QB/3RB/3WR/TE I already have earmarked for protections, who do you save for spots 9 & 10, and why? Thanks!

QB - Stafford ($7)
RB - Cohen ($6)
WR - Moore ($22)
WR - Lockett ($17)
TE - Thomas ($8)
TE - Tonyan ($6)
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

minnesota muscle
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Trimming to 10 Keepers - Auction League

Postby minnesota muscle » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:30 pm

If you need to keep 2 more I would hang onto Stafford and Thomas. Stafford gives you solid insurance for Burrow and you won't be able to redraft Thomas for $8 and he provides depth behind Waller or trade bait. Both are relatively affordable. I would jettison Moore and Lockett and try for a high end rookie piece right away like Chase, Waddle, or Bateman if you can afford them then fill out the roster with $1 guys.

Also I'd be interested in seeing the rules for this league. If you can post them or PM me details that would be great.

Capone's Cajones
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Trimming to 10 Keepers - Auction League

Postby Capone's Cajones » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:14 pm

I'd lean to Stafford and Moore myself. But if this is a start 1 QB league, I don't know how your league generally goes, whether people keep 2 QBs often in a limited keeper setup. If it's anything like my league we tend to see the QBs dumped, other positions prioritized, and backup/2nd QBs go cheap because of high supply. But Staffy at $7 is pretty cheap.

I might also consider keeping Lockett over Chark, if it's only a $6 difference. Maybe it's me, but I've soured a bit on Chark since he was pretty disappointing in the second half of last season. I'm not so sure Shenault doesn't end up being their WR1 this year, probably so since I traded him in the one league I had him LOL.

I'd spend the money now, you know what you have, and your team is pretty much set. With Stafford and Moore, you now have a decent backup at each position except TE. I think I'd be satisfied with that, and you can still splurge a little on one player in the auction, bargain shop the rest of your team.