Marqise Lee WR Jax

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Marqise Lee WR Jax

Postby AZK » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Darkness wrote:http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/recept ... ear-1.html

Go down to the comparison tool, plug in Arob and Lee. The results might shock you... not.
Thats a pretty cool tool. Thanks for sharing. Off topic but Matthews v. Watkins is pretty shocking as well.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Quinty wrote: I also compared Demaryius Thomas to Dwayne Bowe. What exactly am I suppose to get from both sets of results?
That Peyton Manning is good and Alex Smith sucks? I don't know, it's pretty self-explanatory what the chart is showing.

Quinty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Quinty » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:49 pm

Darkness wrote:
Quinty wrote: I also compared Demaryius Thomas to Dwayne Bowe. What exactly am I suppose to get from both sets of results?
That Peyton Manning is good and Alex Smith sucks? I don't know, it's pretty self-explanatory what the chart is showing.
Dwayne Bowe ahead of Demaryius Thomas in 4 of 5 categories means Manning is good and Smith is bad? I must be reading something wrong, because it sounds like you're saying Thomas is so bad that Manning is the only reason he is close to Bowe. Or that the chart has no value.

marmar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby marmar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:03 pm

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-foot ... 56300.html

He has been injured on and off for the last two years, I will gladly buy for 2nds and 3rds. I like the comments down at the bottom of the article as well.
Luck, Eli
L Bell, J Hill, Gio, L Murray, L Blount, T Riddick
A Johnson, J Edleman, J Matthews, M Floyd az, C Patterson, J Hunter, C Johnson, S Bailey, A Holmes, A Wilson
Gronk, Allen
M Bryant
Stl, NEP

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:35 am

Quinty wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Dwayne Bowe ahead of Demaryius Thomas in 4 of 5 categories means Manning is good and Smith is bad? I must be reading something wrong, because it sounds like you're saying Thomas is so bad that Manning is the only reason he is close to Bowe. Or that the chart has no value.
The chart is showing you what it says it's showing you. I don't know what else to say on the subject. You can read into it what you want. Dwayne Bowe was a consistent 1000 yard receiver with bum QB's (Matt Cassell I think?) until Alex Smith got to town who can't throw to his WR's. Bowe isn't some bum off the street.

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:23 am

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/recept ... ear-1.html

This is just fantastic. I will say, i'm slightly disappointed the project developer got a new occupation because this could have been something special if he could have input the top 100-200 WR's in this data analysis.

nevertheless, great stuff even with the small sample size!