Mariotta

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Mariotta

Postby thebeast » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:46 am

Anyone else find the situation interesting? I'm sure he'll sign eventually, but who will cave? If I were him I would hold out on the offset language too as the Titans have been abysmal at developing talent and could certainly hurt one's career.

Rye300
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Mariotta

Postby Rye300 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:06 pm

It's nothing. His agents want it, all the players got it in the first round except Fowler and Gurley. The Titans have traditionally been very tough on this, the last few years it has dragged on. Deadlines spur action and that deadline is July 30th when they are to report. It will get done before then not a shade of doubt in my mind.
14 Team, Year 2 (4pt Pass TD/-2 INT, Non-PPR. 5 pts. sack, INT. 4 pts. Forced fumble. 2pts. Fumble Recovery. 1.2 pts. Solo tackle, 0.5 assisted tackle)

2013 & 2014 - Division Champ
2013 - Runner-Up
2014 - Champion

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB/DL/LB.

QB: Russ Wilson, Foles, Mettenberger, Murray
RB: Hill, Marshawn, Tre Mason, McFadden, Turbin, Gurley, Gordon, Cobb
WR: Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Boldin, John Brown, Albert Wilson, Josh Gordon, DGB, Lockett, Greene, Nicks
TE: Delanie Walker, Ebron
DB: Chancellor, Honey Badger, Sherman, Vaccaro, McDougland
DL: Ansah, JPP, Casey
LB: Kuechly, Mack, Mosley, Zach Brown/b], Ford, Foster, Dawson, Mauga

45 Man Pre-Season Rosters. 40 Man In-Season Rosters. 32 Keepers.

2015 Picks
1.01, 1.08, 2.11, 2.13, 3.5

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:32 pm

Why would Mariota cave? I can't see wanting to play for the Titans knowing your college coach would love to trade for you. He knows they won't just put him on the shelf for a year allowing him to enter the draft next year and the pressure is all on them. His trade value drops the further into camp and the closer he gets to next year's draft when he can re-enter.

The Titans GM should know this. If it's that big of an issue, he should have just traded the pick when it was at maximum value. If it's not, he should've moved on it earlier to allow Mariota to get in for OTAs. If he allows it to drag into camp, he should be fired.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:17 pm

I agree an think the Titans will cave, which is what I find interesting. This is a situation where I think the player has all the leverage and I think it will be interesting to see what happens.