Packers To Run More Plays Out Of The Pistol In 2015

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Packers To Run More Plays Out Of The Pistol In 2015

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Supposedly the Packers will run more plays out of the pistol this coming season. I think Rodgers, Lacy, Jordy, Cobb, and are all still valued similarly to where they are last year. However, does this news give a slight bump to Rodgers or Lacy's production to help make the rushing game/QB runs a bit more unpredictable for defenses to stop?

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... er_atn_orr
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Packers To Run More Plays Out Of The Pistol In 2015

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:55 pm

If they run with Aaron Rodgers, they're idiots.

He's a MONSTER, but with a concussion history, one massive hit will bring an end to the glory days.

--

To answer your question, no, I'm not sure that Aaron Rodgers goes from QB2 to QB1 or that Lacy goes from RB2 to RB1.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Lacy seemed to get more catches on screens and checkdowns when I watched the Packers last year out of shotgun, not sure I remember seeing much in the pistol formation I'm sure someone that is a GB fan would be more familiar though. I do remember watching Lacy struggle a bit when not getting his feet moving before being handled the ball. Not sure what the stats are but he seemed less effective when in shotgun compared to I-formation or singleback sets. In the pistol he should get a couple steps before getting the ball but I guess we will see how effective he is. If they do go to a pistol formation I might try to buy him in leagues if he struggles early on in the season.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Rye300
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rye300 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:32 pm

PierreThePainter wrote:Lacy seemed to get more catches on screens and checkdowns when I watched the Packers last year out of shotgun, not sure I remember seeing much in the pistol formation I'm sure someone that is a GB fan would be more familiar though. I do remember watching Lacy struggle a bit when not getting his feet moving before being handled the ball. Not sure what the stats are but he seemed less effective when in shotgun compared to I-formation or singleback sets. In the pistol he should get a couple steps before getting the ball but I guess we will see how effective he is. If they do go to a pistol formation I might try to buy him in leagues if he struggles early on in the season.

This! I've heard Lacy make comments that he's not a fan of the handoff out of shotgun cause it's hard to accelerate for him. So this works for everyone, let's Rodgers take it essentially from shotgun, Lacy to build steam, and Rodgers to still have quick throw options like he does in a true shotgun. Perfect example of a team crafting their system to fit their personnel.
14 Team, Year 2 (4pt Pass TD/-2 INT, Non-PPR. 5 pts. sack, INT. 4 pts. Forced fumble. 2pts. Fumble Recovery. 1.2 pts. Solo tackle, 0.5 assisted tackle)

2013 & 2014 - Division Champ
2013 - Runner-Up
2014 - Champion

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB/DL/LB.

QB: Russ Wilson, Foles, Mettenberger, Murray
RB: Hill, Marshawn, Tre Mason, McFadden, Turbin, Gurley, Gordon, Cobb
WR: Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Boldin, John Brown, Albert Wilson, Josh Gordon, DGB, Lockett, Greene, Nicks
TE: Delanie Walker, Ebron
DB: Chancellor, Honey Badger, Sherman, Vaccaro, McDougland
DL: Ansah, JPP, Casey
LB: Kuechly, Mack, Mosley, Zach Brown/b], Ford, Foster, Dawson, Mauga

45 Man Pre-Season Rosters. 40 Man In-Season Rosters. 32 Keepers.

2015 Picks
1.01, 1.08, 2.11, 2.13, 3.5

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Pretty sure I heard this about Green Bay last off season too. They announced they wanted to run more plays and not let the defense substitute.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:01 pm

I mean, can their value really go any higher?

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:16 am

Their offense will look like it did in the playoffs, I imagine. They ran the pistol while Rodgers was injured, so I doubt this is going to increase his rushing in the slightest. I think this makes their offense more volatile, though, giving more value to Cobb (who seemed to receive more attention in this offense) and Lacy.

Rodgers value may increase some because, if it is like what they ran in the playoffs, he should stay a little more healthy. Again, they ran this offense because he was hurt. Quick decisions and unpredictable offense makes for a potent Rodgers.

Just my 2 cents....
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

pjh0736
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby pjh0736 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Also going to limit Lacy's touches too
TM1 12tmPPR 1QB, 2RB ,3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DEF
QB Daniel Jones, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston

RB Saquon Barkley, James Conner, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Javonte Williams, Latavius Murray, DeeJay Dallas, Gerrid Doaks, Benny Snell

WR Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Tyler Boyd, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller, Nelson Agholor, Robby Anderson, Zach Pascal, Rondale Moore, Jaelon Darden,

TE: Dallas Goedert, Austin Hooper, Dawson Knox

D 49ers,Ravens

Taxi Squad
Parris Campbell, Cornell Powell

Picks: 22 2nd, 22 3rd, 22 4th

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:45 pm

I just traded for Rodgers a few weeks ago, he better not be running around like a RGIII ... heh.
@PlankMelody

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:06 pm

HereForTheComments wrote:Their offense will look like it did in the playoffs, I imagine. They ran the pistol while Rodgers was injured, so I doubt this is going to increase his rushing in the slightest. I think this makes their offense more volatile, though, giving more value to Cobb (who seemed to receive more attention in this offense) and Lacy.

Rodgers value may increase some because, if it is like what they ran in the playoffs, he should stay a little more healthy. Again, they ran this offense because he was hurt. Quick decisions and unpredictable offense makes for a potent Rodgers.

Just my 2 cents....
Why don't you just be quiet and let me trade for rodgers at buy low prices!

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:18 pm

zfifelski wrote:
HereForTheComments wrote:Their offense will look like it did in the playoffs, I imagine. They ran the pistol while Rodgers was injured, so I doubt this is going to increase his rushing in the slightest. I think this makes their offense more volatile, though, giving more value to Cobb (who seemed to receive more attention in this offense) and Lacy.

Just my 2 cents....
Why don't you just be quiet and let me trade for rodgers at buy low prices!
Lol, my bad
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

lunchbox12
Starter
Starter

Postby lunchbox12 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:02 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:If they run with Aaron Rodgers, they're idiots.

He's a MONSTER, but with a concussion history, one massive hit will bring an end to the glory days.

--

To answer your question, no, I'm not sure that Aaron Rodgers goes from QB2 to QB1 or that Lacy goes from RB2 to RB1.

What kind of league are you in where Rodgers is a QB2?
12 team no ppr Dynaasty-- year 2-- 1 QB-2RB-2WR-1FLEX (RB/WR)-1TE

QB- Drew Brees/ Derek Carr
RB- DJ/Jordan Howard/Mccafrey/J Stewart/Perine/Lacy/Dixon
WR- Hopkins/Jordy/ Marvin Jones/ Moncrief/Fitzgerald/Alshon Jeffrey
TE- Delanie Walker/Cameron beats

10 team 2QB 25 roster 4 taxi ppr. Start 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2F
QB-Cousins/tyrod/Dalton/Brett Hundley/Trevor semien
RB- Bell/Cmc/Gio/J Charles/ W gallman/ Mike Davis/ Gore/Lacy/Elijah McGuire/Montgomery/Lat Murray/J stew/Dwash
WR- Allen/Kupp/Galloday/Parker/Meredith/Shepard/seth Roberts/Trevor Davis/John Brown/Travis Benjamin.
TE-Evan Engram/J Reed/jonnu Smith/J Thomas/G everett
2018 1.01 1.04 1.05.... 4 3rds

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:12 pm

lunchbox12 wrote:

--

Qb#2 behind only luck.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:13 pm

lunchbox12 wrote:

--

Sorry for the confusion. I meant RB2 and QB2 as in "The second highest scoring and highest valued player at the position."
QB1 - Luck
QB2 - Rodgers
RB1 - Bell
RB2 - Lacy

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:02 am

The only thing luck has on rodgers is age, and that isn't enough to make me put him at Qb1.